Rebekah Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rebekah Grace’s Birth Story

My due date was June 5th. Of course I figured I would go past that date since I was late with the other 5. On Monday June 11 I went to my appointment with the midwife. We did the u/s and NST. Everything was fine. I didn’t dilate anymore. With the u/s they said she weighed around 8 lbs 10 oz. Then the midwife asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I was ready to get it over with. She called the hospital and set up for an induction date of June 14. I was to go in the hospital on Wed night to have a cervidil put in.

They didn’t give me a time on Wed night to be there. My son Caleb had a baseball game so we went to that and people were asking so when are you having the baby. I told them I am going to the hospital this evening to be induced. That sounded strange to me to say. Anyway once my husband got to the game I left. I had to call to make sure they had space for me. We got there around 7:30 p.m. I was taken up to Labor & Delivery by the security guy in the ER. The nurse has me change and hooks me up to the contraction monitor and fetal heart monitor. She takes my blood pressure and it was up a little. I told her that was because I was nervous. You would think it was my 1st not 6th baby. Then my midwife comes in and explains what the cervidil will do. At 8:30 she put it in. She tried to get it as close to the cervix as possible. Then I had to lay there for 2 hours. After the 2 hours were up I could walk around or do whatever I wanted. My husband and daughter stayed with me for a few hours. I had to stay in the labor & delivery until midnight because of their shift change. Once I got to my room they gave me a sleeping pill and my midwife had orders for me not to be disturbed. She wanted me to get as much sleep as possible.

Morning came quickly. I showered and at 7:45 was taken back to l & d. Throughout the night the contractions were picking up and I had been having a lot of cramping since they had given me the cervidil. I could tell it was really working. When I got hooked back up to monitors in L & D there were consistent contractions. My family showed up around 9:00 am. They kept themselves entertained most of the day by watching my contraction monitor.

At 10:30 I was about 3 cm and my contractions hurt a lot. They were about 3 ½ minutes apart. They offered the epidural then and I took it. My oldest daughter Danielle stayed with me while I got it. Rick doesn’t do needles. When he was giving it to me he told me that once I get in to strong labor and the baby gets in the birth canal I could start feeling things again because the medicine can’t go past my scar tissue from my back surgeries. It did start to work quickly and when I had strong contractions I only felt a little tightening.

At 1:45 Tammy my midwife checked me and I was 4 cm. She finally broke my water. She didn’t want to do it before because of the chance of the cord coming out first. Things happen very quickly after that. At 3:15 she checked me again and I was 6 cm. I had been telling them that the epidural wasn’t working very well because I was really starting to feel the contractions. I kept pushing the putting to give me more, but it didn’t work much. With my last delivery when I had the epidural my legs were so numb I couldn’t even move them. This time they just felt like they were asleep. I guess the guy was right and the medicine couldn’t go past my scar tissue.

At 3:30 they had me lay on my right side to help with the babies heart rate. While I was laying there I started to feel a lot of pressure. Danielle kept saying “Mom do you have to push”. I kept telling her no that I was fine. At 4:00 pm I had told my daughter Hannah she needs to go downstairs to meet my parents and bring them up. She asked if I would be fine while she was gone and I told her nothing was going to happen. Well, right after she left I started to shake. It was uncontrollable shaking. I called the nurses and said I think something is happening. She checked me and I was 9 almost a 10. At 4:15 my daughter came back because my parents weren’t there yet. I told her she can’t leave that this baby is coming now. After that it all happen quickly. They got me in to position. Each of my daughters were on either side of me and holding my legs. My husband was up closer to my face. At one point of pushing I stopped and told him to relax or he was going to pass out. He was breathing way to fast. The pushing hurt so bad. It was a burning pain I felt. I know if the epidural had gone down that far I wouldn’t have hurt so bad. I felt like I pushed forever but it was only maybe 15 minutes. At one point I said just please pull her out. I guess I would push and her head would come down then when I stopped it would go back. Tammy kept telling me I had to push her past my pelvic bone. Finally she got past there and I pushed her head out and kept pushing and her whole body came out. She kind of did a flip as she came out. She was born posterior. That is why I was in so much pain. The girls were amazed when she started coming out and they saw her eyes looking at them. My midwife said if she was turned the right way she would have came out even quicker. Shortly after she was born I was able to nurse her. She latched on really quickly.

The one thing that I was disappointed about was that they took her to the nursery to put her under the heat lights and bathe her about an hour after she was born. She was gone for 2 ½ hours. I was so upset that she was gone so long. I had my husband go with her. He would come back and let me know what was going on. I had it right on my birth plan that she was not to be taken to the nursery after she was born. I waited 9 months for her then to have her taken away like that. When Rick came to my room to let me know how she was doing I was started to cry. Right then my nurse came in and asked me what was wrong. I told her I want my baby back. I had two of my boys in a birthing house and they never left my side for a moment. They did just fine. I was really upset that they took her.

Besides that last part I had a wonderful birth experience. Rebekah is such a great baby. She only fusses when she is hungry. She loves to sleep a lot. She is very popular in our house. Everyone is always fighting over who gets to hold her. AT least mommy gets first choice always.

June 26th, 2007, 01:08 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Awww, we were due date buddies! But my little guy was evicted on his due date!

June 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Well Denise, even though you were late, it sounds like you had a really good experience. I am glad everything went well for you. Im sorry about them takeing her from you. I also had something similar happen. Congratulations!!!!!!!

June 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Well you were right all along about going past your due date! At least she is finally here. That stinks that they took her from you for so long but at least now she is yours to hold as much as you want.

September 16th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search