Hailey Jane's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
<div align="center"></div>On Wed. the 20th of June at 10:30 am I went to my OB check and I had been feeling a little different, Hailey wasn't moving as much and I felt like I had been leaking for a few days. The dr. checked and said I wasn't leaking but sent me to the hospital to get a u/s and an NST plus set me up to go in and start pitocin that night. I went from there to the hospital were they did my NST first and then my u/s. The nurse said that we could go home and rest for a bit and that we should come back at 5:00pm to get everything started. Later that night, about 2:00pm the Dr. called and she that he was really happy that we were going to be induced cause Hailey's amniotic fuild was getting low. It was at 6.8. At 4:00pm I was to call the hospital just to make sure there was room there for me. There wasn't so they told me to try again tomorrow the same time. So on Thursday I was running around the house just making sure I had everything cause I swore to myself I was forgetting something and the phone rang. It was the hospital saying that they couldn't take me again, that they had 4 laides all go into hard active labor around the same time and that there was not enough staff to watch me. I was so disapointed by this time I started balling. The nurse set me up again for a Friday try. When Friday came we all looked at eachother (Dh,my mom, and me) and said that we were not going to anwser the phone if the caller id. said the hospital. They ended up calling at 4: 10pm and my mom did anwser it and was happy when they said that they still had room for us but only needed us to come in at 8:00pm and not 5:00pm. Then thinking we were in the clear and nothing was going to happen we anwsered the phone when they called back about 2 hours later. They made my Dr. call me and talk to me and tell me that we would have to put it off again. I started balling and handed the phone to my mom. She got on and being a nurse herself ripped the Dr. a new one. She told the Dr. that she didn't understand why they would set me up to be induced if they were just going to call and cancel every time. She also said that we wanted another u/s to check fetal movement and amniotic fluids again. The Dr. agreed I think more out of fear my mom would come though the phone.
We got there about 6:30pm and they took me to the u/s tech and she did what she needed. Then she took me back to the L&D unit. The Dr. came in and said that they were going to send a few ladies home that weren't in "active" labor and that they wanted me to stay cause my levels went down to an even 6. So at 8:10pm I was finial admitted. They were really nice and came in to check on me, I think cause of my mom. I think the word got around that she was the reason I was there. They started a drug I forgot the name at around mid-night that was meant to "ripen my cervix", but it ended up being to much and the contractions were to close together so they stopped the drug around 3:00 am. Then they started the pitocin after about 30min. They called the epi person to come in and start that. My legs went numb almost as soon as they put the drug in. I was doing great the whole day, the contrations were so strong that I went from 2.5cm to 10 by 3:00pm. I pushed for only 35 min. and out came Hailey at 3:36pm. She weighed in at 8lbs. 1oz. and is 20.5in. long. She is so beautiful!
After about an hour my tummy really started cramping hard they said it was normal. After 2 hours my mom started wondering cause the pains were wrost then the contractions I was having. The nurse came in and the next thing I remember was saying "mommy it hurts" I was hemmoroging. I really don't remember much after that, I was told that I passed out two different times and I had 9 nurses in the room trying everything they could to being me around. I do remember one nurse plus my MIL yelling at me saying "Kathryn breath with me". I was rushed into the OR were later I found out that I had torn not once, but twice and one was so far up they didn't see it. I ended up lossinng 1500cc of blood. They put 4 bags back in and now I'm doing a lot better. I'm up and walking around for the most part. I'm still bleeding a lot, but they said I would with increased movement. We were sent home on the 25th and besides her jaundice which we have been treating with a bili-light (sp) everything seems to be ok.
Looking forward to be able to get on here more, but I don't think it will happen for a bit still.
June 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness what a story! I have never heard of a hospital putting off an induction like that! What a load of crap! Good for your mom for making them get you in!

Sounds like the labor part went okay but how scary about the hemmorage!!! Thank God you are okay! Try to stay off your feet as much as you can to help minimize the bleeding.

Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girl! Congrats!!

June 26th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Darian&Riley&Kambry's Avatar Darian&Riley&Kambry
WOW!!! That sounds so scary!! I am glad that you are doing better now!!!
CONGRATS on little Miss Hailey!!! I can't wait to see her pictures!!!!!!!

Proud mom to 3 girls- Darian Kelsey 15 yrs, Riley Jayne 8 yrs, and Kambry Drew born May 26th, 2007!
June 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
Congrats Kat!
Thats pretty scary , and the putting off the induction is crazy, i would have been so mad!

Cant wait to see pictures of baby Hailey!

Get your rest !
June 27th, 2007, 02:46 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a run around you got!! But i'm glad everything ended up turning out and lil' Hailey is here safe and sound!! Congratulations, she's beautiful!!

June 27th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Scary stuff; but I am glad you and baby Hailey are ok

Great birth story mama; doesn't birth make you feel like such a champ??

June 27th, 2007, 05:53 PM
lil.mama.to.be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lil.mama.to.be
oh wow what a story!
--
Glad everything is okay .. Can't wait to see more pixs of hailey
--
Congratz
June 27th, 2007, 07:59 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Holy nuts, Kat... I am glad everything is ok now!!! I know that must have been scary with all the pain and being in and out. I'm glad they found out what it was!!!! Thank you for sharing your story with us! She is just beautiful!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
June 28th, 2007, 12:49 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa!!! Talk about some scary moments! I'm just so glad everything worked out and your both okay! She is so precious!! Congrats again!

June 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
<div align="center">
Thanks ladies. It means a lot to our family that I have so many great ladies looking in on me...
</div>
July 1st, 2007, 04:14 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i am glad everything worked out ok in the end and everyone is together!!! congrats!!!

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
July 4th, 2007, 11:27 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Im glad everything was ok in the end not without some very scary moments though.

Congrats she is gorgeous.
July 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Ms.Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search