DJ - Dion Jeremy Jr.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Well as we all know, I was scheduled for a c-section on June 18, 2007 in memory of my brother, Kevin, who passed.

I called the hospital beforehand, as I was advised to make sure we were on schedule. For those of you who were on, you would have noticed i left a message stating that things may be pushed back. I was NOT happy b/c i was so ready! Well at about 4 am i called and everything was fine. I had everything ready and my MIL picked us all up. Jaylon was NOT trying to get up. Down the street, i realized that they may need my photo ID and i thought i left it in my purse at home ( i took my wallet out). I checked my wallet really fast, and then told MIL to go back home, only to realize that I DID have it in my wallet, it was just where it should be, in one of the card pockets lol.

I didn't let anyone know that I was an idiot and we got going. We get to the hospital, i check in (didn't need my ID anyways) and DH and I were admitted to a room where they would prepare me. I had to pee the minute i got in there, and then was hooked up to my IV which made me pee 2 more times while waiting. They asked me the normally dumb questions and then introduced me to everyone who'd be in the room. Everyone was sooooo nice, i loved this staff even more than my first c-section BUT with my other c/s the doctor made jokes as i laid there, whereas this group talked amongst themselves and i was being nosey...

My c-section was scheduled for 7:30 am, we were in the operating room at 7:29am. They had DH wait outside as usual and then started prepping me for the spinal.. I hated the feeling of them being in my back, it was a pain and she had a hard time getting it in just right for a minute or so, but it felt like forever. They kept telling me about how I would feel like i can't breath, but as long as I could talk i'd be fine. Since I had an issue with heartburn and reflux, they gave me a special SOUR drink. (DH would have loved it). Well they were so right, i felt like i couldn't breath for about 5 minutes. I just felt like i was gonna die right there on the table. I tried not to hyperventilate, and they advised me that i would feel that way and to have DH coach me that I'll be okay (well DH is not very compassionate and i didn't want him saying anything cause he'd probably tell me to shut up lol). Then here goes the nausea reflex...i kept gagging (as they said i would), but just dry heaving nothing more.

I then felt so much better, and was starting to enjoy the fact my baby was gonna be here. I was at first relieved that this was my last cause it was torture thinking ur suffocating lol.

well they forgot to let DH in, so they let him in just in the knick of time. I didn't even know they were cutting me open, but i heard them say "we found him" dh repeated it, and i was like WTH they found him...i am cut open??? WOW! i got really excited....It took about 5-10 more minutes and i heard a light cry first. I thought i was going nutso...and then 3 minutes later here's this crying baby PISSED off...we told them this baby had an attitude and the doctor agreed. I was so thrilled that i did it, i didn't 'die' on the table as i had been afraid of for months, and that i actually had a baby that cried when delivered. My others did not make a sound andi was worried they weren't okay.

DH had the baby and showed me, and i couldn't believe he was so LITTLE! what happened to my 9 lb baby? I was carrying large too, i think he was just laying out in there! He was 7 lbs 5.6 oz and 19 inches long. Born at 7:58 am....

This was the first time i didn't cry during delivery, but i definitely get teary eyed every time i look at him...this was just different.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

June 29th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Super Mommy
Sounds like a very nice birth, except for the whole not being able to breath and dry heaving part! That would freak me out, my mom is clausterphobic and I don't know if she could mentally survive something like that. He is such a cutie! I know you must have been shocked by his size, I keep thinking I would be shocked if I ever had a little baby and my first two were quite a bit smaller than yours. Congratulations again.
Amelia Kate born July 3rd at 9:09 am
8 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches long
September 16th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>
September 16th, 2007, 10:42 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My little man was so pissed off at birth too!!! And the 18th is my dh's birthday!

October 21st, 2007, 01:26 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Beautiful!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search