Jackson Phillip Bradley _____

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2007, 12:06 AM
morty
(This was written on the laptop while i was still in hospital...)

If its too long for you, you can just skip to the actual birth (June 22nd)

Well, here goes...

June 19th.
I had my usual doctors appointment today. The doctor found protine in my urine and my blood pressure was high. These were signs of Pre-Eclampsia. the doctor was a little bit worried so he sent me for some blood work and said to come back at 4pm and he would tell me if i had to be addmited to hospital or not. If i were to be addmited to hospital, i was going to be induced and Jackson was going to be born.

I went home and called shane and told him that he needed to come home from work just incase i was going to be induced that day. So he said he couldn't get out until 4, which meant he'd get to the hospital at about 5..

At 4pm i got to the hospital and i went up to maternity as i was told. They said on my chart it said i had to be admitted. I was prepared for that. I went in, got my blood pressure taken and put on the monitor to monitor jacksons heartbeat. Everything looked ok. My blood pressure was still a little high. I was talking to the midwife and told her the doc said i was going to be induced and she gave me a stupid look. She said she would go and talk to another doc.. She came back and said another doc said i was fine and that i could go home. Just at that point, shane got to the hospital.

They said i had to come in daily to have my blood pressure checked and then i left.

June 20th.
I went to the hospital and got my blood pressure checked. It was still high. The nurse said i could go home.

At 5pm i got a phone call from the midwife. She said that the doctor (the original one) said that I had to come in the next day and be induced and get the baby out. My blood pressure was too high.
The second doctor never looked at my chart or anything to find that i also had other symptoms, not just high blood pressure. So she shouldn't have sent me home and i should have been induced that day and had my son.

June 21st.
So we packed up my stuff and left home about 730am. Shane took a few pictures of my belly because it would be the last time i'd be at home with a full belly.
We left and went to the hospital. Once we got there i was put onto the monitor to monitor jack again. Then once that was done for a while, they put some gel in me to help me dilate.
Nothing happened.
About 6 hours later they put some more gel in and we just waited. I was getting very bad cramps, but no contractions. My cervix had thinned but not dilated any. In the end they gave me a shot to help with the pain and said to go to bed. Shane went home because nothing was happening.

June 22nd.
I woke up around 6am and Shane was sitting there watching me sleep. He couldn't sleep very well so he came back to the hospital. The pain had stopped completly so we had to start again.
About 8am they put in some more gel and it was a waiting game again. I got checked a little while later and they said i was about 1-1.5cm dilated. Yay.

At 1pm i was put on the monitor again to see how baby was doing and to make sure he was ok.. the doc was going to come in and break my waters if everything went well. The nurse came in about 1 18 and said that the doc would be in soon and if i needed to go to the toilet, i could get off the monitor and go to the toilet if i liked.

At 1 20 i was watching the monitor and i felt a kick/poping sensation and i thought either jack had kicked or i had a contrtacion, so i watched the monitor to see what was going on and i felt a trickle down my leg..
i got up and went to the toilet and my underwear was soaked. I went back into the room where shane was and asked him where the buzzer for the nurse was. He asked if i had a contraction and i said no, i think my waters broke.. So he quickly searched around and couldnt find the buzzer so he ran out and got the midwife. She came back in and asked what was wrong and i said i think my waters broke. She said to jump onto the bed and she'd get a sample of the liquid and test it..
And then before i could get onto the bed, liquid gushed out and we knew for sure that my waters had broken.
I also had a 'show'.

The nurse then said that i could jump into the shower and wash myself off. Shane helped me into the shower and helped to wash a little bit and then he went and called his parents and my mum to tell them that something was happening. Shane got back just as i was getting out of the shower and he helped me put on a nighty and then the nurses moved me into the birthing suite.

they said that the doc wanted me to be put on a drip to start the contractions going a bit more.. So i went into birth suite and got hooked up to the drip. At that stage i was still only about 1.5cm..
I began to get intense cramps and they really hurt. Shane was there for me the whole time and he was so wonderful. I don't know if i could ever thank him enough. I love him more than life. I love him even more now and i didn't think that was possible. I would have never have gotten through it without shane there with me. I don't know what i would ever do if anything happened to him. He was just amazing. I love him so much.

The cramps and contractions got really bad. they hurt alot and i couldn't handle the pain. I asked for the gas and they gave it to me. It helped a tiny bit but barely any. Shane was coaching me the whole way and helping me to breath. I can't belive how good he was!!!

The pain was terrible but shane stuck by me. Even when i said i wanted to jump out the window lol. He gave me a mad look and told me not to even joke about it.

While the contractions started getting worse.. So did my blood pressure. I wasn't dilating any furthur either. They gave me a heap of blood pressure tablets to try and get it down but notihing was working for me. The doctor came in and supprisingly I had gone from 1.5cm to 8cm in half an hour! Though the doc was really worried about my blood pressure.

From about 5-7pm is a big blur. the decided to give me more pain meds because i was stressing badly and probably putting my blood pressure up. So they were still trying to get it down. Shane told me a day or two later that my blood pressure was so high it was stroke worthy.

Everything seemed to happen pretty quick after that.. once i was fully dilated they decided to take me up to the OR and try use the vacume on jack to get him out quicker. they said if it didn't work, they would do an emergency c-section because they needed to get him out and quick!

So i was taken to the OR and given a spinal block (wow.. heaven!)
They tried to vaccume jack out but it didn't work. He was very distressed.. They eneded up going and doing a c-section.. Once jackson was born, he was having trouble breathing. that is normal for a c-section baby and they sent him to the nursery and they said he would be alright a bit later on. They stitched me up and put me into recovery.

After recovery they took me down to see jack. When i got there, he was having seizures. They said that his brain had swollen up and it was causing bad seizures. My poor baby. After that they took me back to my room and i had to stay there. i didnt know much about jack. They just didnt know what was going on. They sent him to have a CT scan and that only showed the swelling.

June 25th.
Jack is doing alright. He is eating well. His brain has come down a little bit and he isnt having seizures anymore. Even though hes still on the medication to stop them.
This morning they said he can be moved to an open-aired bed. Yay!
June 30th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
Wow , you really had a rough time ! But i bet you look back and say it is all worth it now!

It is funny how we forget all the pain after we hold these little ones!

Congrats again Morty he is a sweetie!
June 30th, 2007, 04:23 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad everything worked out and you and Jackson are doing well!!!

Thanks for sharing your story!

July 1st, 2007, 11:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow you really did go through a lot!!! that had to be scary at times with the bp and everything, so it was for the best what they did. im glad its all over finally and now you can relax with your BEAUTIFUL baby!! how sweet of you to say how much more you love Shane, im glad he was so much of a help to you. I can't wait to see more pics!!!!!!!!
July 2nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Wow! Thanks for sharing your birth story! What an experience!
Can't wait to see more pictures of the precious baby boy!!!
July 2nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes, quite the scary experience!! I'm soo glad to hear that he is doing good now!! Can't wait to see more pics of your lil' man!! Thanks for sharing!!

July 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Thanks for sharing you had quite a scary experience at times but Im glad it turned out ok.
July 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Goodness mama, that sounds like quite an experience. I can't wait to see more pics of Jack, he is a cutie pie.

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
July 4th, 2007, 11:15 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Morty, that would have been so scary!!! I'm so glad everything worked out and you are both okay! Can't wait to see more pics of the little man! CONGRATS again!!

July 5th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beckswith2
I am so glad everything turned out ok. You have a gorgeous little guy! Congrats!!
July 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
I am sorry you had such a tough labor. Thank goodness Shane was there to help you through it all! Congrats on little jack, he is adorable, and look at all that hair! I can't wait to see/hear more about him!!!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 6th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Ms.Michelle
July 6th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Sounds like a scary experience.. glad you and baby are ok... thanks for sharing your birth story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search