makena reece

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2007, 03:16 PM
mikala101505's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i got to the hospital at 6 am for my induction and at about 630 they started the pitocin, i was only dialated to a 2 and i was having contrax but they weren't regular so they kept uping the pitocin. they increased it about 5 times then they had to lower the dose because the contrax were coming too fast. but the good thing was i didn't feel the contrax at all. well at about 7 that evening i was 4 cm and they broke my water. that was probably the worst part of it all it took the doc. two tries to brake it and the nurse was pushing my stomach while he was doing it, well i still wasn't in too much pain at that point and i wanted to wait until at least 5 cm before i got the epi. well about 10 min. after he broke my water. i got two really strong contrax right on top of the other so i decied to get the epi. it took the guy about 5 tries to get it in, and only half of me was numb, so the nurse checked me and makena was face up so i had to lay on one side for about 30 min. then the other for 30 min. i was only 5 cm at this point and the nurse said it would be a while so i decided to take a nap, well as soon as i feel asleep i got sick. as i was getting sick i started choking and it scared my dh so he called the nurse in there (i guess he thought i was dying) well she checked me and i was 10 cm. and makena was facing the right way, so they put me in the stir ups and i started pushing well i had to stop pushing to wait on the doc. when he got there it only took about 15 min. of pushing and she was out. my dh was a nervous wreck during delivery though i had to calm him down! all in all it was a pretty easy labor and delivery.

July 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
poor DH! I can only imagine his panic! I got sick towards the end too. Once you hit the climax during the contrax they are no joke. I remember telling my nurse that i was fine, i could handle it, and then 1 minute later when the pitocin was upped, i couldn't do it...i buzzed her so fast to get me some drugs lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

July 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Was Makena your first? If so, lucky girl, only 15 minutes of pushing!!! Great job!

Congratulations!!!
September 16th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>
October 21st, 2007, 02:27 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Good job!! Congrats!

October 29th, 2007, 01:37 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Wow I'm amazed there is anywhere on Earth efficient enough to actually have you come in at 6am and induce by 6:30am...I wish my hospital had been that efficient!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search