Tannen Carey Tatum

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well my lil' man is finally here!! Tannen Carey Tatum came screaming into this world at 10:15 am weighing 7lbs 12ozs and was 20 inches long!!

As some may have read, I started having some cramping Friday June 29th at 5:30ish in the morning!! It felt like I had to go #2 but when I tried to go I couldn't. So i thought i'd just get up an read my paper. I had some more cramping reading the paper and passed it off until it felt as if I had to go #2 again! This time I did and it was very soft and kinda tarry looking which I kinda thought was weird but brushed it off!! I finished reading my paper and came on the computer a bit and I started having contractions and they felt different then my normal BH ones!! I kinda walked around a bit to see if they went away and they didn't so then I thought maybe it is the real thing! I tried to time them and the 1st couple came every 7 min. apart but then I would get some lil' ones in between the BIG ones!! They hurt but I could breathe through them at least! I thought i'd get ready and get the rest of my stuff in my hospital bag just in case!! Came back on JM and thought i'd post just in case it was the real thing to let you mamas know where I was so I wasn't MIA again!! As I was posting I got a couple really intense ones where it kinda took my breath away and then I knew that this had to be it!! I went and woke up my Hubby at 7 am which was late for him to still be sleeping, he usually is up by 5:30-6 (maybe his body knew that he wouldn't be going to work that day ) and then I phoned my mom to come watch the boys. We left the house about 7:20 am and as we were driving, my contractions kinda slowed down and I was worried that they were going to go away for good..NOPE, WRONG!! We had a 20 min. drive b4 we hit the city where I was to deliver and when we did, DH was speeding like a mad man..they started coming about every 2-3 min apart!! We got to the Hospital at 8am and they sent me to labour assessment and monitored my contractions and determined that I would be definately staying!! They checked me and I was a good 4 cms, but Tannen was still quite high! I had ketones in my urine which she figured was because I had been fluey the night b4 and had thrown up, so that's probably why I was dehydrated. So they got all my paper work together and I was getting a lil' impatient cause the contractions were very intense now and they informed me that if I didn't get into labour and delivery by 9am, I probably wouldn't get an epidural cause the "epidural man" had to be in the OR by 9!! So I made them rush me and we got into the delivery room at just b4 9 and JUST CAUGHT the anestesiologist (sp?)!! He was awesome with a great sense of humour!! So my epidural finally kicked in around 9:40am but it only took the edge off so I still got pretty intese contractions!! My Doc came in at about 9:45 and checked me and as she did, POP, there went my water!! I was 8-9 cm's by this time! So she went and got her gear on and came back in to notice that Tannen's HR would drop with each contraction so she knew it was time to get him out!! I started pushing at 10 am but of course my epidural FINALLY kicked in to full swing and I couldn't feel a thing!! Plus she figured that my bladder was full so she wanted to empty it with a catheder! So i pushed again and was doing good, but Tannen's hr wasn't so she got the vacuum out and 1 more push with the help of the vacuum and he came SCREAMING out!! He had the cord wrapped around his neck so they got DH to quickly cut it. So because they cut his cord so fast, he was very pale!! Plus with the lack of oxygen, he was purple! And coming out so fast, he was bruised! But to me he was perfect!! He didn't even have a cone head cause he wasn't engaged long enough!! They had some staff from NICU come up to check him out cause he was so pale but after a lil' while he started getting pink and was just fine!! They took a piece of his cord to test him for the rare jaundice my last 2 had and that came back great too!! He has my blood type!! We were sooo happy to hear this! I had to get 1 stitch where she put the catheder in but it hasn't bothered me at all! The next morning I went down for surgery to get my tubes tied...they froze me solid but for somer eason i aws getting sharp pains under my right breast and arm pit which they couldn't really explain why, but said that that was unusual! It did scare me pretty bad that I started crying on the operating table (of course everything was going through my mind what could be going wrong) Then after in recovery, they had to give me oxygen cause my breathing wasn't that great ( I was kinda drugged a lil' so didn't really notice) So everything went really well and FAST with just a couple lil' glitches but it all turned out to be just fine!! We are all sooooo in love, even the boys can't get enough of their lil' brother!! I'll get pics up as soon as I can in the locked forum, I got lots so I have to go through them!!

July 1st, 2007, 08:58 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Wow, what a fast labor! Everything sounds great! I'm glad he didn't have a cone head! Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your little man!!!!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Awesome birth story and such a quick birth too... thanks sooo much for sharing and i cant wait to see your pic overload of Tannen (btw i love his name, very original)

July 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow - he is seriously one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen!!!

Thanks for sharing your story and can't wait to hear more once you get settled and get some rest!

CONGRATS MAMA!!!

July 2nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
He is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing your story! What a quick birth! Were your others that quick??
July 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
Congrats again ! He is a real sweetie ! And wow so fast !

Cant wait to see more pictures
July 2nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Darian&Riley&Kambry's Avatar Darian&Riley&Kambry
Quote:
Wow - he is seriously one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen!!! [/b]
SOOOO DITTO!!!! And GEEZ!! When you decide it's time to go into labor you really go quick!! I am so glad everything went well and he is doing so great!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

Proud mom to 3 girls- Darian Kelsey 15 yrs, Riley Jayne 8 yrs, and Kambry Drew born May 26th, 2007!
July 2nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
lil.mama.to.be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to lil.mama.to.be
I agree! he is one of the most gorgeous newbornz EVER!! and glad your labor was easy n fast congratz!!
--
Welcome to the world Tannen!
July 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
He is so precious

I'm glad everything went so well for you all.
July 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
Goodness that was fast! Glad to hear you and Tannen are doing well. Thank you for sharing your story! He is beautiful

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
July 5th, 2007, 12:07 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Wow - he is seriously one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen!!! [/b]
DITTO!!! I just want to kiss those sweet little cheeks!!

And WOW! What an awesome birth experience! I'm so happy everything went quick and mostly smooth for you, and that little Tannen is finally here! CONGRATS again!!! You did GREAT mama!!!

July 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beckswith2
Congrats on your beautiful little man!!
July 6th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Ms.Michelle
Has anyone told you how cute those pics are?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search