Gavin Lee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Gavin's Emergency C-Section

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are finally home,as of yesterday. Thought I would share the story of my sweet little Gavin Lee's birthday. On June 14, my day started out lousy,as I discovered my PC had crashed,the hard drive died. I was NOT a happy camper,as I was on bedrest since April due to placenta previa,and the internet was my only real link to the outside world. That afternoon, I went to the bathroom and discovered I was bleeding, which I had been hospitalized for twice before. Also had 2 more bleeds after the hospitalizations,which ended as quickly as they began.
THIS one didn't stop. I called my mom & hubby at work, telling him to come home. I was still on the toilet,thinking it would stop as it had so many times before, angry that I was likely going back to the hospital for a lengthy stay, when I got very dizzy. THIS didn't happen before. I had the presence of mind to dial 911, and somehow told the guy where I lived, and made it to the loveseat to lay down. DH arrived before the ambulance, and they arrived, got me on the stretcher,and to the local hospital (where I did NOT want to deliver) . They couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, and when they finally did,it was 190. I was given anesthesia & an emergency C/S. WHen I awoke, I was being given a blood transfusion, got 4 units, and told my baby was fine, & on oxygen. Only a day later the DR told me we both nearly didn't make it.
Finally was reunited w/ him about 10:30 PM (was born at 3:37PM) . He weighted 6'11,and was 5 weeks early. The pain from the C/S was EXCRUCIATING, just horrible. We went home 3 days later,on Sunday the 17th. I was rying real hard to breastfeed,and he seemed to be doing fine, but at his appt back at the hospital on Tuesday,he was found to have very high biliruben levels,and was down to 5'8. They ordered phototherapy w/ a Wallaby macine at home. Next day he was up to 5'11,and the levels were down to 12 from the 21 day before. Went home,he refused to eat,was very limp & lifeless. That night,we rushed him to another hospital's ER, where he stopped breathing. They stabalized him ,and rushed him to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City. He was put on a respirator & fedding tube for several days, and DH & I stayed at a Ronald McDOnald House. The MRI showed damage from the loss of oxygen at birth,we won't know the full extent of the damage for years,likely. He seems to be doing fine,is eating well & SUCH a sweet baby. I can't tell any difference from my other 3 babies. I sincerely wish that I had taken the risks of placenta previa more seriously... I never thought that would happen to me (us). Many,many people prayed for the little guy. He truly is a miracle.
July 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Here are a few pics:

July 3rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
PennyLane1121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Im so glad both of you are ok. He is a handsome lil fellow! Man, I am just so glad you guys are ok. I dont know what else to say. Thats an incredible story. Thank Goodness. Im very happy for you, but im so sorry it was such a rough time.

July 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
azchela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh mama I am so glad you both are okay!!!

He is beautiful and certainly is a miracle - thanks for sharing your story with us!

July 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
He is so beautiful Thank you for sharing your story and I'm glad you are both ok.
July 4th, 2007, 08:10 PM
zoecat3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a scary birth experience you had. I'm so glad to hear you are both doing well right now. I hope there is no future problems in his future from the lack of oxygen. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thank you cavewoman for the awesome siggy!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
July 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH MY!!! That would have been so scary! I'm just so glad your both okay! He is so beautiful! I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts! Thank you for sharing your birth story!

July 5th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Annie37's Avatar Member
Thank you all! Well he seems to be doing just fine,was back up to his birth weight at his Dr appt on Monday! He is a very sweet baby,he has the funniest little expressions,and loves to be cuddled,sung & talked to! Seems normal in every regard,to me,acts just like my other 3 babies did as a newborn.I am very hopeful that he will be just fine!
July 5th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to beckswith2
I am so glad that you are both ok!! What a scary experience. Your little miracle is a cutie!!
July 5th, 2007, 07:09 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Wow, what a scary story! I am very glad you oth made it through delivery. Thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully it will help other mommies with PP. Congratulations on your sweet baby boy!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 6th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What a scary experience, you are a star mama for going through all of that. Your little man is just precious; and I am happy he is much better now

July 6th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
Wow! That all sounds SO scary! I am glad you are both okay now though! He is a very beautiful little boy. Congratulations momma!
July 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Ms.Michelle

I've read a lot of birth stories, and there are tons of women who think they needed emerency c-sections.. You are the real McCoy.. I'm so thankful you were there enough to call 911. I'm so proud of you.

Gavin is so sweet. His little pictures are perfect. I hope for you, all the healing dust in the world. You did so great to go through all of this. You rock!

Quote:
Thank you all! Well he seems to be doing just fine,was back up to his birth weight at his Dr appt on Monday! He is a very sweet baby,he has the funniest little expressions,and loves to be cuddled,sung & talked to! Seems normal in every regard,to me,acts just like my other 3 babies did as a newborn.I am very hopeful that he will be just fine![/b]
July 6th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Glad you and baby are ok... he is such a sweet heart, thanks for sharing your birth story and Welcome to the July DDC.

July 8th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing birth story! I too had placenta previa and it is scary to deal with! It took me a while to recover physically and emotionally from my birth. I pray for a swift recovery for yours. Your baby is beautiful and such a precious miracle. I'm glad you both made it. He is just lovely. And big brother looks so proud.

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

July 9th, 2007, 04:05 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, how scary! I'm so relieved to hear that everything turned out good and you and baby are healthy an happy! Thanks for sharing!

July 22nd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
wow thats so scary! Im glad you both are doing good now !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search