Aiden Christian Oveetul

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to RachelinAZ Send a message via MSN to RachelinAZ Send a message via Yahoo to RachelinAZ
Written June 3rd from my blog...
Quote:
Baby Aiden (7# 4 oz, 21" long) aka “Little Toots” is indeed doing well. He is almost 7# 5 oz as of today. We just got out of the hospital. My blood pressure is still high... 149/110+ seems to be the norm *on* BP meds ;( Not sure why. My legs are swollen terribly... but they did an ultrasound and all looks ok. *shew*

Friday... I had what must have been the...plug? show up in the toilet around 3am... I didn't know for sure, thought it was a weird period. Around 5am I started cramping and told Darren I thought the cyst on my left side was popping and I was really was starting to hurt. I called my GYN and made an appt... for 3:30.
By around 7:30 I was really starting to hurt and told Darren we needed to go to the Urgent Care... I thought if the cyst popped, I'd be in trouble w/my low platelets.
We get to the Urgent Care and wait and wait... Finally I am guessing around sometime around 11am we get in and they are like "Could you be PG?" and I am thinking... "Well yeah... I guess... Darren has been off work for 3 months. (ha ha ha) But really I was thinking of a miscarriage or epitopic (sp) And of course it was +. I was mad because they could not tell me how far along I might be...

So we head home... and wait for the 3:30 appt. Which didn't last long because just before noon the pain picked up BIG TIME. (GREAT birther I am... I was a whole 1cm at the hospital )
Sooooooooo We head to the hospital and tell them I am PG and we do not know how far along or why I am in such pain on my left side (it radiated from my left to right and back to the center). And of course they took us back ASAP which I think ticked off others in the ER.

The doctor who was a jerk (IMO-- probably busy but still-- I told him I had to have a C-section if it came down to it and I had to be knocked out-- NO spinal b/c of my low platelets and he was being a super smart #####, very rude and said "things are different from 16 years ago") pushed on my tummy and said "Oh your like 30-40 weeks along". Uhhhh OK! And then he gets me on the table and does an internal and says "Well looks like we're heading in for a C-section-- there is no bag of water!!" HUH??!!!
From there things moved really fast... it had to be close to 1:30ish? I know they moved me 4 times to 4 different tables which hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks from the time I came in to the end.

Darren wanted to call his mom before I 'gave birth' hehehee. So she could hear the heart beat. Poor Darren was in AWE over everything... total awe. Shock but awe.
Personally I am a bit hurt by his mom... she has no desire to come down which she was at every one of her other grandkids births plus 2+ weeks after And when I talk to her she sounds disgusted to me. (Seriously, she has this *tone*). Darren says she is thrilled, but she is going to a family reunion on the east coast next week and is not stopping by there or back. Does this seem wrong to anyone? Maybe not wrong. I dunno. She does not sound thrilled to me

We called MY mom after all was said and done. She had to attend a funeral and a viewing and I did not want to 'upset or excite' her anymore then needed. With my birth defect, Darren had a minor birth defect (his intestines were deformed), I wanted to make sure all was good.
I called her and said
"Mom your a grandma!"
"Huh??
"Mom... your a grandma again!"
"what?? WHAT???"
MOM YOU-ARE-A GRAAAAANDDDDMAAAAA AAAAAA-GAAAAAAIN"
WHAT DID YOUR SISTER DO THIS TIME!!!
LOL WOOOPS! Mom it isn't Heather... it me! Me and Darren. It's a Boy!
When are you due???
MOM he is here!!
she then proceeded to tell my dad, I didn't know how he'd act but he had tears streaming down his face and proceeded to call his side of the family. Joey also handled it well... he is such a proud big brother. He ran into my best friend of 30+ years and told her She said he was beaming from head to toe!

I am trying to think... We just got home not long ago. Joey's friend's watched my house, as I have big (BAD BAD BAD news) to share... thankfully they watched my house (except it is MESSY. My girlfriend cleaned it head to toe last week and it looks way worse then before she cleaned it. I can’t complain too much—because of the story to come but it does tick me off… I especially asked 2 of the boys to make sure the house was clean)... but they left it a pig sty. Left RAW chicken in my garbage what smells like over a week :x gross. I have a bad headache going on and I am trying to figure out what we need for food.

Denise updates pics as she can... http://www.flickr.com/photos/shatteredsun/ and I just updated or am updating my flickr now (looks like it is expiring tomorrow… bah! My 37 birthday so I will give you guys my smugmug account… both have the same photos I think) and we've taken a lot too and I am sure a ton more to come. .

We are absolutely thrilled, in awe, still in shock and in love!! I do not know how much I will be online... Some BAD stuff happened to the house last weekend and one thing is there is a switch outside, and someone flipped it several times and shorted out 2 computers and a printer So we're down to one sort of working computer right now. I am saving often!!

I will check in and comment more... especially if I can get rid of this bad headache!! Thank you so much for the prayers and good wishes… We’ve waited a long 13+ years for him! We started TTC back when we were married…

Talk to you soon!

~Rachel

Some funny side notes…

Dr S is my hematologist. What we have figured out… we think is when he gave me iron transfusions in June and July, it must have triggered something… So I see Dr S who is from the Ukraine he is our honorary fertility doctor… he still does not get the ‘joke’. I think he thinks we’re smoking something *chuckle*. I got a photo of he and Aiden. Seriously I know he had something to do with it. I told him no more transfusions *ha ha ha*

I found a second hematology doctor who is one nice looking fella. He laughed his ***** off at the joke. I am blessed with the medical care down here minus the couple of jerks we’ve run in to. Sadly (?) the guy who delivered Aiden (haha I put Joey) came in to check us out and was no nicer.

We had one nurse who was exceptional… her name is Diane and we did fill out a card praising her. She gave Aiden his first gift. She also loaded me up on binkies… 5 or 6 of them! Praise her as my friend Denise watched him while we went to the store and kept his binkie. NOT a good thing!! I have a photo of Diane too and I am going to frame the photo of her and Aiden and Aiden and Dr S side by side.

Diane was too funny. One night she came into the room and told me in a serious voice how the nursery was being cleaned, the ducts and such and the babies could not be in there. So I said it was fine if he was in my room.

In all seriousness she says she and 2 other nurses in the special care unit really want Aiden with them all night. He is so quiet and so alert could they please take care of him for the rest of the night. But don’t worry he isn’t sick!!! *chuckle* Made me laugh.

I am angry with Dr B. Had she seen me in October like she should have (I went but she never even touched me) and December, we might have had a little forewarning! There are so many “what ifs” that I am so blessed did not come true. I am looking for a new family doctor and have some excellent leads.

I am also blessed there are no problems from taking xanax and ambien through out the pregnancy. No issues at all from what we can see so far.[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search