Jackson Robert Enters the World!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Better late than never...

I hate to be the one to burst some bubbles, but don't always believe the stories about your second birth going faster than your first! I am proof that that isn't always the case. It all began early in the morning of Friday, June 15th. I was scheduled to be induced at 6:30 am. Of course we were running late, and didn't arrive at the hospital until 7:00. It really didn't seem to matter since once we entered the hospital all I did was change into the hospital gown and sat around until 8:30 or so. At 8:30, the dr. came and checked me. I was only 1 cm dialated and the dr. said he doubted he could even break my water at that point. So we waited, a little after 9:00 he came back and told me he'd try to break my water. Let me tell you how painful that was! Luckily, he was able to do so. As he left the room I told him he'd better be back around 11:30 or so because this baby would be coming fast. Boy did I eat my words! Time ticked by, and at 11:30 I was only 3 cm dialated!! My contractions were pretty painful at this time so I requested my epidural. The dr. arrived to administer my epi. I was ready for the drugs, I was very uncomfortable, my contractions were coming every 2 minutes. The first attempt, that's right FIRST ATTEMPT only worked on my left side. I started twitching. So out came the epi, and we tried again. The second attempt actually was a few attempts. He was poking and prodding my back like it was a pin cushion! I was about to call it a day and go all natural, when alas he got the epi. working! Ahhh, relief at last. I sat back and waited. The dr. came back around noon to check me and I was now 4 cm dialated. Upon leaving this time, I told the dr. I'm sure I'd give birth by 1:30! Once again, I was wrong! At 1:30 I was 5 cm dialated. By this time I was angry, my first labor lasted less than 4 hours from start to finish, and here we were going on 4 hours and I was only half way there! Anyways, they checked me again at 2:00 and I was 7 cm dialated, progress at last. The nurse checked me again at 2:30 and I was fully dialated! Time to push!! I pushed for 25 minutes, a total of 10 pushes or so and Jackson entered the world! Initally, he didn't cry. Both my DH and I were worried. After a minute or so, we heard him cry and my heart melted. It turns out that the cord was wrapped twice around his neck! Thank goodness he came out when he did! My little man was born at 2:55 pm. He weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. He had a head full of black hair! All in all, 6 hours of labor wasn't bad and I'm thankful to have a healthy little man!

July 6th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
Well im glad that you didnt have that long of a labour! I can second that the 2nd doesnt always come faster ! I went from 1 hour to 6 hours!

But in the end it doesnt matter ! We have that baby and that is all that counts!

Congrats again!
July 6th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Well i guess it all depends on the person, my first labor was 16-17 hours long and the second only 2 hours. But wow, guess that cutie of a boy just wanted to prove his mommy wrong... Great birth story... great job momma.

July 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Ms.Michelle
July 7th, 2007, 10:34 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Thanks for sharing and Im glad everything went well.
July 9th, 2007, 03:49 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, i'm glad the epi finally kicked in...great birth story mama, thanks for sharing!!

July 11th, 2007, 08:03 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story! Jackson is beautiful! Congrats again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search