Malachi James Boman

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
On Sunday, July 1st, I started having contractions early in the morning. They were about 4 to 5 minutes apart when I decided to have my dad take me to L&D to get checked. I was only 2 cm and that didn't change nor did my contractions get stronger over a 30 minute period of time, so they called my OB and he said to go ahead and send me home with instructions to come back in if they were 2 to 3 minutes apart, the pain was worse, or my water broke. So I get home, still having pretty regular contractions, then they basically stopped after a few hours.
Monday comes around, and I still don't feel very well. I slept a little during the day and it really didn't help. I took many warm baths to see if my back would start feeling better, but they did not help much. Around 10 PM, I started having some pretty painful contractions again, but I didn't want to go to L&D if I would just end up getting send home again. So I sit there and wait. Around midnight my dad asks me if I want to go to L&D because I was in quite a bit of pain and couldn't get comfortable no matter what I did. It hurt to walk, it hurt to lay down, it hurt to sit down, etc. I waited an hour and a half, and finally at 1:30 AM Tuesday morning, we head to the hospital. This time I didn't take my bag with me or anything. I just left everything in my sister's car, since I knew she would end up going there if I had to stay. So at 1:45 we get there, and they check me... I was 4 cm dilated. My contractions were coming every 2 minutes and had a pretty high intensity. The nurses called my OB, and he said to keep me. I decided then that I wanted an epidural, because I didn't think I'd be able to handle the pain for too much longer. So they hook me up to an IV and a little over an hour later, the anestiaologist comes in to give me my epidural. By that time my oldest sister (Desiree), and my Aunt Eithol were up there. So about 5 to 10 minutes later, the epi gets full effect, and I felt great. I spent most of the time chatting with my sister and my aunt (my dad had to wait in the waiting room). I did get nauseous a few times and ended up throwing up (it was SO nasty!).
Finally, I was 9 1/2 cm dilated, and my OB came in and broke my water. He said I would have a few hours of pushing ahead of me. Malachi started dropping really fast, and it sent him into distress. The nurse had my OB brought back in right after he left, but right as he walked in, she had gotten MJ's heartbeat back up and stable. Pushing was somewhat interesting, as there was only one nurse there that was fully trained to handle that sort of thing, and there were 2 or 3 other people in active labor. So she had to keep going back and forth between rooms, and I would push every couple of contractions. She did tell me I could push on my own while she was gone if my sister counted it out to me, but I wasn't comfortable with that, so I just waited for her. A little over an hour after starting to push, I got nauseous again, and started throwing up again. This time Malachi went into distress AGAIN. They kept making me flip sides while trying to get his heartrate up. She even turned me over so I was laying on my stomach. The whole time I had to breath through the oxygen mask. Then I heard her say "Get Dr. Rumph NOW!". I was almost in tears because I was so worried about Malachi. Dr. Rumph (my OB) came in and said they were going to have to deliver him with forceps. About 3 pushes and an episiotomy later... Malachi James entered the world at 10:41 AM.
I was a bit sad that I wasn't the first one who got to hold him (my sister did since the doctor was stitching me up). But all in all, it was a fairly good experience, and I would do it all over again if I had to. I am so in love with my little boy! He never ceases to amaze me!!!
July 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
<div align="center">Here are some pictures also!!!

A minute or so after birth....

Being held by Aunt Desiree for the first time

Being held by mommy for the first time (I look terrible!)

Being held by daddy for the first time

In the nursery getting checked out at a little over an hour old

Ready to come home! (2 days old)

After his first bath at home

First night at home
</div>
July 7th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
congrats sweetie! You did an amazing job! And Mj is such a sweetie!
Welcome to mommmy hood!
July 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Congrats Mama!!! He is beautiful!!!!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

July 7th, 2007, 10:31 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
congrats he is such a sweet little boy.
July 7th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Ms.Michelle
OMGOODNESS IS HE CUTE!!!!
July 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
CONGRATS on Malachai, he is a sweetheart... thanks for sharing.

July 7th, 2007, 05:38 PM
samantharae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
u look fine, just tired. he is adorable

brayden michael: 6.27.07 - 5lbs 9oz - 18in
adaleigh jayne: 10.15.12 - 7lbs 6oz - 18in
July 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, congrats mama, he is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

July 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! Malachi is so precious!! Congrats again and thanks for sharing!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search