Padon Brianne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Regular
I thought I would not get to post this for a while, but our little one surprised us by coming early at 36 weeks and 2 days. I went in on Thursday June 28th for my 36 week appointment and scheduled a c-section for July 18th, which I was very excited about. On Sunday night I went to bed around 10:00 am assuming I was going to work on Monday morning as usual. I got up at midnight for my usual every 2 hour tinkle session and went back to bed.
I rolled over a few minutes later to get a little more comfortable and I felt a little trickle. I thought it was discharge but I sat up to go back to the bathroom and when I did my water broke all over the bed and went onto the floor on my way there. I was in denial, I thought surely this is not happening this early and I had heard that only 10% of pregnant women's water ever breaks until you are in the hospital so I just assumed my water would not break. I had zero contractions throughout this whole pregnancy so I was reluctant to go to the hospital. I did smell it and it was not urine so I woke up my husband, took a shower and ate some breakfast at 1:00 am before we left for the hospital.
Around 2:00 am they checked to see if it was amniotic fluid and it was, plus I was dialted to 3 cm and 75% effaced by then. They admitted me and I had the epidural at 4:00 am and was at 4 cm by 5:00 am.
The doctor got there at 7:30 am and checked me to find out I was complete!! I was shocked at how fast everything was going. They wanted me to labor a little more because she was still pretty far up even though I had made so much progress. I started pushing at 8:45 am. I was surprised to be so tired during the pushing and out of breath. She was born 45 minutes later at 9:30 am. I have never been so happy.

We lost a son at 23 weeks gestation in September and was pregnant again 6 weeks later with this little one. What a different experience this was to actually get to bring a baby home after birth. I have had some complications since delivery: I have Bell's Palsy on the left side of my face. I have never heard of this happening before, but the doctor's say that it happens sometimes but cannot tell me when it might go away. It is a waiting game and just makes me look really funny when I try to smile or eat.

Baby Padon is currently in the NICU due to jaudice but we should be coming home in the morning if everything keeps going well. I am just ready to hold her and be home again.

That is my story and I am so proud to be a mom!!!

Maree
July 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Regular
I forgot to add her stats!
6 lbs 6 onces
19.25 inches long
Apgar was 9
July 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Ms.Michelle

What a great birth story!
July 7th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Great birth story, thanks for sharing.

July 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
Wow... what a quick birth! I'm sorry to hear about the Bell's Palsy... it does not sound like any fun. But congratulations on your new little bundle of joy!!!
July 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Congrats on your precious little one and I'm glad the birth was a good experience.

Sorry to hear about the bells palsy and I hope the recovery is really quick.
July 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story, thanks for sharing!! Can I ask why they scheduled a c-section??? Anyways, glad you got to do it vaginally!! Hope you bells palsy clears up really soon!! Take care!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search