~ Grace Olivia's birth story ~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Herewego's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry this is a short story ( okay, maybe not so short) but I am using this to print out for her Baby book too! Thank you everyone for letting me share this special time with all of you!

I was scheduled to be admitted on the night of Wed. June 20th for a early morning induction on Thurs the 21st. So the last couple of days I spent trying to keep busy so that the time would go by a little faster. Tues night DH and I went out for dinner, went down to the Yacht Club and walked around by the docks and sailboats. It was a beautiful evening. When we got home DH went outside and was doing a little yard work and as I went out to take him some ice tea, I noticed some weeds that just HAD to be pulled right then. I pulled weeds for about 30mins and then DH and I went inside and watched TV until bed time. I kept thinking "tomorrow night at this time I will actually be admitted waiting to be induced the next morning" I was ssoooo excited!

I finally fell asleep and woke up at 4:30 the next morning feeling something wet and cold in the bed. I was in the middle of a dream and I wasnt sure if maybe I dreamed that I went to the bathroom, but accidently really did right there in my bed? I woke up DH and told him that the bed was wet and he jumped up and said "okay we need to go" I said " but what if my water didnt break? I will be so embarassed to go the hospital and have them tell me that it was not my water." Well, DH won. Convinced me that I did not wet the bed and that we needed to leave. So I took a shower and woke up my kids and off we went.

We arrived at about 6:30am and I was sent to the OB floor's triage unit. There they checked me and I was dialated to 3-4cm. Also, checked to see if it was actually my water that broke and the little strip turned blue instantly! So this WAS it! I was so excited, nervous, and it all still seemed a little se real.
Once I was taken to my L&D room I was given an IV, my OB came in and made a joke that I didnt need to come back that night for my induction. Pitocin was started at 8:30 to help get things moving. I continued to stay at 4cm all morning, and still was at 12:30pm. The contractions were getting stronger as the pitocin levels were increased and the nurse offered to give me Stadol for the pain. I had 2 doses within 45minutes. At this point my nurse called for the anesthesiologist to give me the epidural. Her timing was wonderful because the contractions were becoming unbearable at this time and I was shaking uncontrollably. (which was a good sign, because I dont let anyone see that I am in pain.) DH was out talking with family members during this time and didnt know that I was in some serious active labor. I was checked again at 1:45 and I was now dialated to 6 and was 80% effaced. YAY! I'm making progress! The epidural worked wonderfully and DH and I both were able to rest. As I was napping, I had the strangest feeling. I saw swirling glitter in the blackness.. and it would form to make different shapes. (bear, etc) I felt sooo peaceful when I heard an alarm go off on one of the machines near my bed. I pushed the nurse button and I said that some alarm was going off. My nurse and the anesthesiologist came back in and said that my blood pressure was 84/46! I didnt care.. I was sooo peaceful. They began to move me around on the bed and gave me something in my IV and next thing I heard was them saying that now it was 155 over something. I still didnt care because it felt like I was dreaming the whole thing.

After I was stabilized, the nurse told me to make sure to call her back if I felt like I needed to push. I said okay and went back to sleep. Around 2:25 I told DH that I felt pressure but didnt feel like pushing.. I said do you think I should call the nurse? We're both thinking "No, just wait til I feel like pushing" But with each contraction (that I didnt feel) I COULD feel the pressure of the babies head going a little further down each time. So I decide at about 2:30 to call the nurse anyway. She comes in and checks me and says "OH SHOOT" She gets on the phone immediately and tells someone to tell my OB that I am complete and +1 station. I just look at DH like "Ooooops"

My nurse then tells me that my OB is in surgery and wont be available for 20 minutes. Then he calls back and says he can be there in 5mins. My nurse asks me if I can wait that long. At first I'm thinking "Sure I can wait.. its just pressure, right?" But, then, I guess my body became a little more aware that this was it and I had to do my part. So then I try to breathe through the pressure and not push til my OB gets there. He arrives just as promised in 5minutes and I pushed for a total of 7minutes and Gracie was here at 2:42pm! I was sooo happy to finally see her little face! She was absolutely Beautiful! All 8lbs 1oz and 20 1/2" of her!
My nurse and anesthesiologist were the BEST and I could not have had better care anywhere!
July 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats sweetie! Little Grace looks very peaceful. I hope when I get pg & go through L&D that it is as easy as yours!

July 9th, 2007, 02:00 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Oh you lucky duck, getting out of the induction!!! I kept wishing for that to happen!

July 13th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Congrats sweetie! Little Grace looks very peaceful. I hope when I get pg & go through L&D that it is as easy as yours![/b]
Awww thank you Astrid!! I think of you often and wouldnt be posting here today if it wasnt for you kindness and support!

God Bless &
July 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Oh you lucky duck, getting out of the induction!!! I kept wishing for that to happen![/b]

Ya, my water broke but still had to have the darn pitocin! Oh well, I'm sooo glad it's all over with! ( I think) lol
July 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Regular
CONGRATZ!!!
September 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>
October 21st, 2007, 01:39 AM
*Angel*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Angel* Send a message via Yahoo to *Angel*
Thats a great story! Im so happy for you!!

October 28th, 2007, 11:34 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Quote:
Oh you lucky duck, getting out of the induction!!! I kept wishing for that to happen![/b]

Ya, my water broke but still had to have the darn pitocin! Oh well, I'm sooo glad it's all over with! ( I think) lol
[/b]
Yeah, but the pitocin wasn't what was bad for me, it was having them break my water! BLEH! And to think how much I wanted that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search