Introducing Keira Ruth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Mommy2n1
Keira was in a rush to make her arrival so her daddy was unable to be in the room with us when she was born. I was awoken with bad cramping on Friday July 6th at 2 am. We were having a thunderstorn and the dogs were a little freaked out. I had 3 dogs on the bed with us lol. Well at about 3:30 or so with the last flash of lightening I felt my water break. It wasn't a gush so I was a little unsure at first. I got up went into the bathroom and was leaking a little and had a little pink blood. I went to lay down for a few and the pain just started getting worse.. constant pain and contractions. So at around 4:15 I finally calmed a bit and was able to call the dr. We woke Traci up and got her dressed and hubby went to let dogs out etc.. We left the house to go to the hospital at 5 am and called my mom and dad and brother on the way. We got to the hospital at 5:20 am and I was wheeled to l&d while hubby and Traci waited for my brother to arrive. The dr came in at 5:30 to check me and I was at 4 cm and 15 mins later I was at 10 cm. The dr rushed in and asked if he has time to put his scrubs on lol. Next thing I knew he was talling me NOT to push yet as he wasn't ready... but.. Keira was and I had no choice. 3 pushes and 5 minutes later Keira made her appearance.

I had no time to get any drugs and labor was under 4 hours from start to finish. Hubby came in about 10 mins after she was born and while walking through they were all congratulating him. He was really confused and then upset that he missed it.

Here are a couple of pics. I will add more later.

July 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Congrats she is such a sweetie

Thanks for sharing you seemed to have a really nice experience apart from hubby not making it.
July 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
She is adorable... what a fast birth... thanks sooo much for sharing.

July 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Olathe
wow thats crazy! so sorry dh missed it , my dh would more then likely be happy casue he hates hospitals!

Congrats she is a doll!
July 8th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Ms.Michelle
Fantastic!
July 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
Congrats on the quick labor, but that really sucks that DH missed it. Love the pictures! Congrats momma!
July 9th, 2007, 04:20 AM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Wow, what a fast labor! I'm glad she is here and that you both are doing well! Thanks for sharing your story with us! Look at that sweet little baby! Can't wait to see more pics!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 9th, 2007, 04:24 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story, short an sweet just like mine!! She is such a doll, can't wait to see more pics!!

July 11th, 2007, 07:51 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a speedy delivery! Little Keira was in a big hurry to meet her family! She is so cute! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search