Lucas David's Birth story!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM
dianaw's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well Saturday morning(6/30) at around 10am I thought I had "peed" my underwear! Changed and put a panty liner on and again "peed" myself! I decided to sit on a pillowcase(was the closet thing i had clean) and I would leak a little here and there. I totally thought that baby was on my bladder and that it wasnt my water. Of course I had it in the back of my mind. But with no contraxs or anything I just wasnt sure. Finally around 130pm I got kicked off the toliet by DS who had to go potty and I leaked on the floor and I could see it was clear!! I told DH we better go in and check! His mom came over and watched the kids.
I went in and the nurse at first was like "it could be semen" I was like oh yeah cause my DH has THAT much in him!!! Anyways she did a test but had me lay on my side first to "build up the fluid" and when I turned over a huge amount came out so she really didnt need to do the test but did it anywas since he was only 36 weeks and considered a preemie!!! Anyways no contraxs so they started pitocin and OMG it was horriable!!! At first it didnt do much but they raise the amount every 30 mins. I was 1 cm when I got there and it took me 3 hours to get to 2. I was so bummed but was dealing with the pain even though the pitocin was making them worse then what they really would be. Then I get checked an hour later and I was 3cm so they where like oh good progress, but to me it still seemed slow. I opt to get some nuban even though the contraxs where getting really strong!! They check me again about 20 mins after checking me when I was 3 and I was 5. The contraxs where getting so bad but there was nothing I could do. within 30 mins I was fully dialated and ready to push. I pushed 5 times and he was out!!!! I tore a little and got like 2 stitches. Seriously that was the most hardest and most extreme birth I have had!!! The whole going from 3 to fully dialted in like 45 mins was just awful and I was seriously screaming!!!
So Lucas David was born at 9:09pm on June 30th, he was 20 inches long and 7 lbs even!!! Lucas had jaundice and had to be on a phototherapy bed!

July 10th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Ms.Michelle
Ouchie! Well, he is so stinking cute!

You telling the story about your water breaking reminded me of the "evacuation complete" scene in Austin Powers!

July 10th, 2007, 01:01 PM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
I'm glad everything went well for you and Lucas is such a cutie.
July 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you are a trooper!! I almost didn't get my epi and was freaking just thinking that I wouldn't get it!! Thanks for sharing your story!! He is absolutely beautiful!!

July 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go Diana! You did great mama and Lucas is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your awesome story!

July 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
What a great story! That was super fast from 3 cm to fully dilated! Sorry to hear it was so painful, but little Lucas is absolutely darling!
July 12th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
What fast progress you made getting to 10 cms... thanks for sharing your birth story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search