We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Well I know I was supposed to do this a long time ago but here ya go...
Well Sunday the 10th of June I decided it was time to get this baby out! My birthday was the 9th and he was due on the 5th. So we spent 5 hours at the fair that day walking. That didn't even bring on one contraction. So then we picked up some castor oil on the way home. Took a bunch of that at 7pm. Then shortly after DTD. By 9pm I was having contractions. We took walks and I continued to have the contractions all night long. At 5 am I was frustrated because they were between 2 and 5 minutes apart BUT they weren't intense enough. We decided we were gonna go in to check and see what was going on.
When we got into L&D they checked me and said I was 2cm. My contractions were indeed close together. They were monitoring Quinn's heartrate and he was having a murmur. So they admitted me. I thought they admitted me because I was in active labor. Come to find out later their plan was to induce me because I wasn't in active labor. They gave me two hours to dialate and came back. I hadn't budged. So then they started Pitocin. I begged them not to put me on it. They said they would start me on a teeny tiny dose. Well after 12 hours of Pitocin at 10pm I was MAXED out. Oh yeah, and still at 2cm. NO PROGRESS. Yes, I said 12 hours of pitocin.
At this point they told me they needed to do something. Either break my water or put in the catheter that dialates me. I wanted the catheter but Billy and I talked it over and we decided to break my water. I had more water than they expected. Once my water was broke they put a monitor on Quinnton's head for his heartrate along with a contraction monitor. Now keep in mind the pitocin is still maxed out. For about a half an hour I had like 6-7 minute contractions followed by a few minutes of downtime. These were amazingly strong contractions that pretty much didn't stop according to the monitor. They finally turned the pitocin down but I was still throwing up from pain. After 3 hours I said they need to check me because if I haven't made any progress I need the epidural.
So in comes my midwife to check me...A whopping 3 cm!!! It was neccessary to get the epidural at this point. I was scratching Billy and the handles of the hospital bed. After the epi was put in Quinn started having heart decels after each contraction along with the murmur still. They gave me oxygen to see if that would help. It didn't. I laid there in that bed listening to his little heart skip beats trying to suck down that oxygen. I was just bawling. I had made a birthplan and hoped to have a completely natural birth. I had brought my birthball and popsicles...all sorts of things. But I had been stuck in bed all day of course because of the pitocin. I also didn't want my water broken. I also didn't want belly monitors. Not to mention I had 3 cords coming out of my vagina. I felt like a total failure.
Then in comes the troop of doctors to tell me I need a c-section. I had been in labor for about 30 hours and Quinn was showing too much stress to keep him in. I lost it.
Well, it was time to go and I could still feel my left side. The right side was completely numb but I kept telling them that my left side I could still feel pain and touch. They continued to just pump more and more drugs in rather than replacing the epidural.
In I go to the operating room they strap me down and start cutting. "Uhm, excuse me I can feel you cutting me." It was like they didn't believe me. I told him I could feel his fingers and I could feel him cutting me. So they anesthesiologist (sp?) said that they needed to make Billy leave and put me totally to sleep. I told them absolutely not, Billy was going to see this baby be born. I had been through 30 hours of labor I could handle a 3 minute surgery. So then you've got the anesthesiologist and the surgeon fighting. He wants to keep cutting and the other guy wants to put me to sleep. And they kicked Billy out.
Next thing I know I woke up an hour later still strapped to the table...empty. Billy was there. I had no idea what had happened. It was all over and they had put me to sleep. My baby wasn't even there. I was very upset to say the least. Come to find out they broke the rules and let Billy back in to see his son born. My mom was with him in the nursery. Billy was trying to show me pictures of him on the digital camera but the drugs had made me cross eyed. They took me to recovery and I demanded to see my baby. I threw a fit! They finally brought him to me which was also a big no no. I got to see him for a few minutes and then they took him away for another hour or so.
Quinnton Thomas was born at 4:01 am on June 12th weighing 6lbs 8oz 21inches long.
Worst birth story ever but there it is.
__________________ Gestational Surrogate for one fabulous little family!