Carleigh Rose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM
MrsMandy
On July 3rd I started having contractions in the early morning hours. They were about 12 minutes apart and I thought they would just taper away. I just went about my business, took my husband to work and cleaned up around the house. When I went to pick up my husband from work I mentioned to him that the contractions were still coming and they were now around 9 minutes apart. We ate dinner and went to bed around 10pm. I woke up 2 hours later at with very painful contractions that were all in my back. They were now 6-7 minutes apart. Thinking maybe this was it I got up and took a shower and while I was in the shower they went to 4 minutes apart. I got out of the shower, dressed and finished packing my bag. I woke my husband and we got ready to leave.

We got to the hospital around 3 am on July 4th. Thinking we were very far away from delivery I hadn't called anybody to let them know I was in labor. They hooked me up to the monitors and it showed very strong contractions coming every 4 minutes. They nurses were saying how perfect they were and how perfect the baby's heartrate was thru each one. They checked my cervix at this time and I was between a 3 and 4 dialted. So this was really it!

They moved me to the birthing room around 3:30 am and that's when everything went crazy. My doctor came in and wanted to check my cervix herself. As soon as she sticks her fingers up there she goes "That's a BUTT!!". I felt like everything stopped. They had told me she flipped at my 37 week appointment. I argued with them because I felt like she didn't flip, I could still feel her head up in my ribs. But they are the doctor right? They bring in the ultrasound machine and sure enough, baby was completly breech.

From here everything went so fast it was a blur. I was still having very strong contractions that at this point were beginning to get unbearable and the doctors were afraid of me being in labor so long with her breeched. My husband started calling everybody telling them to get to the hospital now, we were having an emergency c-section. I was in the operating room and numbed up by 4 am. They brought my husband in and Carleigh was born at 4:41 am. She weighed 8lbs 2.5oz and was 20 inches long. Her first apgars were 5 but the second ones were 9. She was perfect in every way.

I only stayed 2 days in the hospital and i've been having some trouble recovering, but she's such an easy baby that i've really had no problems. Plus my hubby has been amazing. Here are some pictures of her once we got her home. Things happened so fast that we didn't have our camera at the hospital. We got them on a disposable camera but haven't gotten them developed yet. Oh and i'm including a rare picture of me. I don't look so great. Sorry.

Oh and here's my furbaby, Nadia...

Thanks for reading!
July 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Ms.Michelle
My goodness is she a peach! Breech baby?! Emergency c-section.. Hon, you rest and take it easy. Thanks so much for sharing your story.
July 11th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to phoenixratz Send a message via MSN to phoenixratz Send a message via Yahoo to phoenixratz
Oh wow! That does sound a bit crazy! But your little girl is si beautiful.... congrats momma!
July 11th, 2007, 02:35 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Congrats on your beautiful little girl.
July 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, crazy experience!! I'm glad everything turned out good!! She is beautiful and you look awesome mama!!

July 11th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Awwwwww CONGRATS she is absolutely adorable.

July 11th, 2007, 08:34 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW!!! I'm so glad everything worked out in the end and Carleigh arrived safe and sound! She's so sweet and I just love her name!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search