Preston Nicholas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
On Monday June 25th I called the midwife on call because I had a bad intestinal bug. They decided with my bp being so high and now the bug that it was just time to have the baby out especially since I was going to be induced 3 days later anyway.
I went to the hospital and was given some fluids and then cervadel was inserted. That night nothing really happened and the next morning they said I was still just a fingertip dilated but they gave me the pitocin to see if anything would happen. All day long the pitocin was increased and I felt nothing but slight cramping and bad back pain. Finally the pitocin was increased to the highest they were willing to put it and I started to get really painful contractions in my back. After a few hours they came in and turned it off and said they would try again with the cervadel because labor was not progressing. They told me if the cervadel and pitocin didn't work this next time I would just be sent home and the baby would come when he was ready. At that point I started crying because that was the same thing that happened to me about 2 weeks earlier. Thankfully that second night the cervadel seemed to be doing it's job because I was in so much more pain. At about midnight the nurse gave me a shot in my leg that would help me sleep and about 5 seconds after I got it I started slurring my words and then I was out! The next morning I was woken up and had the cervadel removed and was told I was a little over a centimeter dilated and was asked if I wanted to try the pitocin again or if I wanted to go home. I figured at that point we might as well try it again so the pitocin was started. By afternoon my back pain was so severe but no contractions were registering on the monitors. Finally a nurse told me I could get out of bed if my back was bothering me that much so I moved to a rocking chair. I thought I was going crazy because I felt like I was in labor but they kept increasing the pitocin and no contractions were registering. The nurse came in a little while later and asked if maybe I could get back into bed so maybe the contractions would register better and right when I reached the bed it started feeling like someone was hitting me in the back with a baseball bat and I started crying. They decided maybe they should check me and sure enough I was over 3 centimeters dilated. I thought I would be able to last much longer without an epidural then I did, lol after only an hour of pain I was begging them to get the anesthesiologist! I had almost no pain in my stomach, it was all in my back.
After the epidural was put it I relaxed for about 2 hours when I all of a sudden felt this strong urge to push and could feel like something was maybe wet between my legs. They got my midwife and she couldn't believe I was almost ready to push. She said the wetness between my legs was show and then she broke my water but wanted to wait a little longer before I started pushing because my cervix was swelling a little or she was afraid it would swell. Anyway about an hour later I was ready to push.
In the room with me for my sons birth was my midwife, 2 really great nurses and my dh and that's it and I have to say I've heard all these horror stories about childbirth but mine was actually really fun! We had a really bad thunderstorm and kept losing power through the entire thing and my midwife is afraid of thunder so every time we heard thunder everyone would start laughing. Between pushes we were all joking around and telling stories and just having a good time. The only pain I felt was at the end when the babies head was ready to come out and that didn't last that long. I pushed for under 2 hours and at 5:56 pm Preston Nicholas was born weighting 7 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long. I ended up with only a slight episiodomy. Preston was in the posterior position but turned at the last second and came out with a hand next to his head. I have to say I had the best birthing experience I could have ever asked for and giving birth to my little man was the coolest thing I've ever done!

July 12th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Ms.Michelle
What a wonderful birth story!
July 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Great birth story

July 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
That was a great story thanks for sharing.

He is beautiful
July 14th, 2007, 03:19 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
What a fantastic story! I am so glad you had a wonderful experience! He is just beautiful, too. Congratulations!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 30th, 2007, 03:13 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, great birth story...i'm glad you enjoyed it and had an awesome experience!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search