Totally Unexpected ... Torrey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Saturday June 23 .. I woke up to menstrual like cramps ... around 8am I decided to call the Dr b/c they weren't getting anybetter .. they told me to lay down ..drink some water call back in 2 hours if it doesn't get any better ... so I did the above ... around 4 they came back ... so again I called the Dr .. this time they told me to go to the hospital to get checked out ... I got to the hospital around 7 ... and they were very concerned at how high my blood pressure was ... I had never had any concerns with the bp during pregnancy so this was totally a shock to me .. they monitored me for about an hour .. and still it did not go down .. they admitted me to the high risk pregnancy wing that night for 24 hour observation .. the blood work they took did not show signs of pre-eclampsia but the bp was still to high to ignore and send me home ...

Sunday June 24 .. All day my blood pressure and urine are being monitored .. the dr stated if the bp was not going to go down.. induction may have to be an option ... the baby was 35/36 weeks so he had good chances if they did have to induce ... Later on that night .. they came and told me they would start to induce my bp was not going down ... but my cervix was still closed and hard so they would have to start giving me softeners in the am... this was the pre pre show to labor ...

Monday June 25 .. @ about 10 am they started the cervix softeners .. every 4 hours I would get another one if no progress had been made .. this continued on throughtout the day until about 10pm ... my urine tests had come back showing protein in it .. I had pre-eclampsia ..they whisked me to L&D wing...My BP was still too high so they started me on a magnesium IV to prevent seizures/stroke and also in hopes to lower it ... they gave me an antiobiotic IV as well ...

Tuesday June 26 .. in the wee hours of the am ..my bp is still high .. I have magnesium and some antiobiotic IV .. they decided to start the petocin ... about 10 minutes in the petocin they offered the epidural and I obliged!! it wasn't the normal epidural it was a continous jolt every 7-8 mins or so ..... they continued to check my dilation and it was going super slow .. around 4pm.. I noticed the baby wasnt moving as much .. i was poking and poking and he didn't budge ... they told me his heart rate had dropped but it was stable .. so they would need to make a decision very soon about a c-section .. about 10 mins later ... they came in saying C-Section NOW .. my bp wasn't getting any better and the baby was being affected by the magnesium.. @ 5:58pm he was born!! He cried .. but shortly after they said he was having trouble breathing .. effects of the magnesium... so he was sent to the NICU .. I went to a recovery room which felt like something you see on MASH ..my bp was still too high to be moved to the Post Partum wing so I stayed there

Wed June 27 .. about 6am they moved me back to the L&D wing ... where I was monitored and continued to get magnesium... I had yet to see my baby and still felt like crap .. I was sooo drugged up ... throughout the day I asked when I would have a regular room, and they told me not until my bp went down .. I had to finish all of the magnesium IV .. which seemed like forever .. I cried!! I had to look at pics of my baby from family...but I was no use to him.. I had a catheter in my bladder and all these IVS ....

Thursday June 28 .. finally my pressure is down abit ..enough to get off the magnesium IV ... Im still super groggy ..but my all the IVs are gone and my catheter too .. soon as I washed up .. they took me to the NICU to see my son .. I cried immediately .. even though techincally he wasn't too bad off .. I couldn't bear to see him with all those wires on ... they let me hold him..and I cried again.. it was sooooo overwhelming ... they took me back to a new room finally in the poist partum wing ... this was the first time I had been out of thebed since Tuesday and the first time I had eaten since Monday .. I was in pain.. I was weak.... just in bad shape ...

Friday June 29 .. I'm still moving slow but I am forcing myself to go see my baby ..he is doing well breathing on his own ..he just needed to get the last bits of magnesium out of his system ..then he can start feeding .. once he is able to do that and finish up the antibiotics he is on .. he can go home ..

Saturday June 30 . my bp is still high but they have me on medication..and they are discharging me .. it won't be til the next week when Torrey is able to leave .. I went to see him before I left ...and it was so hard leaving him ........... I cried again!!

Sunday July 1 .. we went to visit the baby he is doing well .. he is off the tubes .. into a regular bassinett and has started feeding ... he should be ready to go home next week sometime ..

Monday July 2 ... YAY! we got the word .. he will be coming home tomorrow .. he has done everything he needed to do ...... and is feeding like a pro!!

Tuesday July 3 .... He's home ......... after 7hours of waiting at the hospital for his discharge finally I have him home!!!
July 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Awwwwwwwwww yay for him being home... what a great birth story, sorry bout the bp complications.

July 12th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Ms.Michelle
Holly cow hon! I'm so glad you're home with Torrey now. That would be any mother's worst nightmare.

You sure hung in there. I'm really proud of you.
July 14th, 2007, 03:26 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
Wow, what a story! You went through quite an ordeal to get that sweet lttle baby into the world! Congratulations!!!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 15th, 2007, 02:43 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
I'm glad everything has now worked out it must of been so difficult on you.
July 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Holly cow hon! I'm so glad you're home with Torrey now. That would be any mother's worst nightmare.

You sure hung in there. I'm really proud of you.[/b]
DITTO!!! Great job mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search