Jaidyn Ann Swanson

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went into the hopital on July 3rd at 7am. The plan was to start induction by breaking my water since I was already 3 cm. Well, after being hooked up to the monitor, it turned out I was already in active labor on my own. I was checked and was 4cm. Doctor was supposed to break my water at 1:00 because he wanted to see if the contractions would get stronger on there own...they sure did. My doc kept getting called in to emergency c-sections so I didn't end up having my water brokken until 6 pm. I was not happy about waiting that long.

I was laboring while sitting in the birthing ball and having intense contractions. Had the nurse check me and I was 8 cm in about a 1/2 hour after breaking my water. I finally caved and got the epidural, but it never really worked that well. I still felt every contraction, I just couldn't feel my legs so it was kinda pointless to get it. Doctor came and checked me at about 9pm and I was fully dilated. He said that he still didn't think that i would be able to deliver vaginally because the baby was so high, but I told him he was wrong. I just needed to sit up and bring my legs a little back and she would move down. We did that for about an hour. He came and checked and said, "Wow, she has really come down alot."

I started pushing at 10:15pm. I pushed maybe 3 times and the nurse said okay you can stop pushing now. I was like why and she said because the doc has to come in because you are gonna have her in the next push or two. I was like ya right...I pushed for 4 hours and 3 hours with my other 2, so there was no way I could already be done pushing.

Doc came in, I pushed once and her head was out. I pushed again and the rest of her came out. It was the best experience that I have ever had...and I got the satisfaction of looking right at my doc and saying..."Ha, I told ya so." He just started laughing and said you sure did.

I am so happy and proud that I got another successful vbac, even though I had a rather large baby.

Jaidyn Ann Swanson arrived at 10:43 pm on July 3, 2007 weighing in at 9 pounds 2.2 ounces and 22 inches long. She, along with my other children are the absolute light of my life and I am so proud that she completes our family. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking of them all.

Thanks for reading this. It is so cathartic and emotional to relive it all.
July 12th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm so glad you got your VBAC honey! Congrats! I'm so glad she's here!

July 18th, 2007, 08:47 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i am glad u got the vbac...when i went into the hospital for my c-section i was already in active labor too..i don't know if i was dilated though. My MIL came in asking me if i was having contrax...i said no and the nurse said yes and showed me one big one and two smaller ones. The big one was cause she had me sit up at that time. I didn't feel any of them lol they were all consistently the same length apart.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

September 16th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your little one!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search