Gavin enters the world

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all let me say that this was my hardest birth that I have had, the entire time time I was in active labor I kept on thinking you know a c-section would be nice right about now, but I knew that wasn't what I wanted so I labored on, and even though these thoughts were going through my head, my midwife said I was the calmest laboror she had ever seen, and she hopes that when she gives birth that she will be this calm, she is 20 weeks pregnant with her first. She also said that she could feel the labor energy and it was a beautiful feeling. Anyway I woke up at about 5:30 AM to some contractions and I told Bill that he wasn't going to work today because I thought I was going to have the baby today. I tried to sleep some more but wasn't really able to. There were times when I doubted this was it because they were irregular contractions, but they hurt. I called my massage therapist and asked if she would give me a massage to see if that helped anything, so I went for a massage at 2:00 PM and was still having contractions at this time they were about 10 minutes apart, and I still had doubts of whether this was the real thing. After the massage we went to a restaurent that my massage therapist recomended, and had lunch, I was still having contractions, we head for home and by this time it is rush hour and it takes us forever to get home, but by the time that we got home my contractions were getting stronger, and closer together. So I call the midwife and at first I wanted to wait till 7:00 Pm to go in cause I didn't want to go when traffic was so bad but as I was talking to the midwife my contractions really started getting strong and she asked me if I thought it was wize to wait, so I decided we had to go then, and we called the people that were going to watch our girls, and got a neighbor to watch them while we were waiting for our people to come and watch the girls, cause by this time it was an emergency that we leave right now! So we got to the hospital at 6:30 and I got checked and was 7 centimeters dialated, I told them that I wanted a water birth and they told me that I would have to wait because they just had a birth in the birthing tub and it had to be cleaned. So I had to be hooked up for at least 20 minutes so they could make sure Gavin was handling labor well, and he was. Then I had to poop, I cleaned myself out, definetly didn't an enema. And I went into the little tub that they have in the bathrooms and instant relief, it is so nice to be in the water, I was in there for probably about 45 minutes before the birthing tub was ready. I get out and get in a wheelchair, and head for the birthing tub, get there an instantly become very nausiaus, and end up throwing up, then I get in the tub, and Bill gets in with me, they check me again and I am still 7 centimeters but pretty much all thinned out and she found out that baby was kind of transverse, head down but in a bad position so she wanted me to lean on Bill and pretty much be on my hands and knees and rock back and forth so Gavin would move into a better position, being in this position made my contraction even more strong, it was almost unbearable, but my husband is the best labor coach and he encouraged me the whole way. Well anyway it worked, and he got into a great position and I got fully dialated really quickly after that. And I pushed him out in just 2 pushes, he was born at 10:18 Pm, and 8 pounds 1 ounce. I rushed this last part because Gavin was crying, but when he was born his shoulders got stuck so I had to push really hard to get them unstuck, and then when he came out the cord broke, but thankfully he was all right, they did blood tests to make sure he hadn't lost alot of blood and everything turned out great.
July 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
Congrats Nicole!
July 15th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Great birth story... thanks for sharing.

July 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Ms.Michelle
July 16th, 2007, 12:01 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing. Great story.

July 18th, 2007, 07:53 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Beautiful story.

Congrats he is adorable.
July 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Aww congrats! Thats so sweet! I am terrified to give birth, so reading other success stories helps. Thanks for sharing! Your lil Gavin is so adorable! Congrats again
Stacey
July 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome birth story! Thanks for sharing!

July 30th, 2007, 03:50 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful birth story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search