Teagen Leone's Entrance to the World

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2007, 09:44 AM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
Teagen’s Birth Story

On the morning of July 7th, 2007, I woke up on the couch. I had been sleeping on the couch for about 2 months because I was so very uncomfortable in the bed. Sleeping on the couch was heaven and Logan was able to sleep on an air mattress out there with me. We stayed up late and watched TV and when the TV was turned off, we would talk in the dark. It was great for Logan and I and I think he and I will remember the time spent in our living room forever.
On this particular morning, I woke in a daze. I had been having a few contractions in the night but thought nothing of them. I felt a bit of liquid in my panties and thought maybe it was just a bit of urine because I had to go potty so bad. But as I layed there, I felt more and more coming out. I finally said to myself “oh my god, my water broke”! And I ran to the bathroom. I grabbed a new pair of undies, checked out the ones I had taken off and found that they were pretty much saturated. I yelled from the bathroom to wake Logan up. I yelled “Logan, my water just broke”! He jumped up and came running, I had him grab a thick pad for me to put into my underwear. I called Dave and said “this is the call you’ve been waiting for, my water just broke”...I was shaking and nervous and excited all at the same time! Dave said he would be right here. Then I called Nana, when she answered I said “It’s time...my water just broke” and they said they were on their way. I got in the shower really quickly, I was having a few contractions while in the shower but nothing really major. Daddy came home and he helped me finish packing our bags and then Nana and Nic arrived. I woke Camden up, gave him a big kiss and told him I would be back soon, and off we went. It was 9:30 AM. When I got to the hospital, the had me get undressed and hooked me up to the monitors. I started having contractions pretty regularly for the next few hours. Unfortunately they were not dilating me very well and I was stuck at a 2-3. I was dead set against being induced. I was induced with both boys and it wasn’t pleasant. The most important thing for me with this pregnancy is that I go into labor on my own, I had envisioned what it would be like to have my water break and I was so happy that I was able to experience it the way that I planned. But after many hours of contractions that just didn’t seem to do the job, they asked me if I was ready for some pitocin. We agreed that I would have an epidural first and then once the epi had kicked in, we would try a small amount of pitocin to get the contractions stronger and more regular. The anesthesiologist came in at 5 pm and administered the epidural. It was VERY painful and I knew immediately it had only taken on the one side. My right side was warm and numb and my left side was barely numb at all. The nurse even noticed a temperature difference between the two. My contractions intensified and even though I had a one sided epi, it was still better than no pain meds at all. A couple of hours later, after some serious contractions, I was still at a 3-4. So they decided to start some pitocin. They started me out slow and I could feel them intensify right away. I could feel everything on the left side and it was hurting bad so we called back the anesthesiologist and he pulled out the catheter just a centimeter to see if he could get it to get to both sides. Whatever he did must have helped because for the next 2-3 hours, I contracted VERY strongly and didn’t feel a whole lot. I could still feel more on the left side but it wasn’t too bad. Soon, the pains started getting really bad. The doctor checked me and I was 5 CM. They upped the pitocin much to my chagrin and they got even stronger. I started begging for more pain meds...another “bolus” is what they call it. But she said she wanted to check me first so she did an exam and she could barely find my cervix!! I was almost complete! My OB said I had a small lip of cervix and asked that I push through the next contraction while she attempt to maneuver the baby’s head past that lip! OMG it was the worst pain ever...I was yelling “ok get out of there...get out of there”! But I was able to push baby’s head past that lip. While I was pushing and she was in there, she was saying “harder, harder” and I would push different ways until she said “that’s it Brandy...just like that”...and I pushed as hard as I could until they started yelling at me to breathe. She had me wait through the next 3 contractions to push...that was very unenjoyable, while they got everything ready. Then she said, “push with the next contraction”...and when the next one came, I pushed harder than I had every pushed in my life. I felt terrible pain on my left side, it felt like the baby was going to pop out of my back!! I pushed and pushed until the contraction was over and I could feel her head crowning. They said “wait...and breathe”...it was like I was sitting in a bed of hot coals...the burning was immense and all I wanted to do was just get her out! At the next contraction, I shut my eyes and pushed with everything I have and I felt her head come out, I knew that the shoulders would be tough to get out so I pushed even harder and felt her come out! They laid her up on my belly and she started crying immediately. She was beautiful! Hardly any blood on her, no vernix, no nothing. She looked like she had just came out of the bath! They allowed her to stay on my belly while the umbilical cord stopped pulsing and then Dave was able to cut the cord. I ended up having a pretty good tear from such a short delivery. I had to have a ton of stiches and today it’s day 10 and I’m still healing. Every moment I look at Teagen I just fall in love with her more and more. She is the best baby I could ever wish for, never cries, breastfeeds great. I can’t remember what life was like without her. She is the completion of our family and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for her. She is my heart and soul and I love her more than words can say.

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
July 17th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Awwwwww what a fast delivery... thanks for sharing your birth story.

July 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! Congrats! When Serena came out she looked clean too!
July 18th, 2007, 07:50 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
Such a beautiful story

Congrats Teagen is such a blessing and beautiful.
July 18th, 2007, 07:14 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful birth story! I'd react the same way if my water actually broke on its own! Thanks for sharing!

July 25th, 2007, 07:20 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
I'm so glad Teagan is finally here! Your family is complete!!!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful birth story...thanks for sharing...she is such a beautiful baby...flawless!!

September 1st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ive been meaning to read your birth story. i'm glad it ended up working out the way you wanted with your water breaking. OMG that was the worst thing i had to do was breathe thru the contractions for me they were waiting for the dr though, wasn't that so hard?! beautiful birth story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search