Danny is here!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Well, I went in at about 2 am on Friday the 13 and they sent me home because even though my contractions were three minutes apart, they were not strong enough to do any good. So DH and I went home and at 7:30 am my water broke, so we went to the hospital and they put that piece of paper up in my who ha and said cough, nothing. So, she said to lay down and that they would have to hook my up because none of my water came out on the paper to turn it blue. So, I go to get in the bad and apparently Danny's head had been sealing off everything from coming out, because I moved a little and gush, out it came. She said okay, that is what I needed. I am like, no I just thought that I had an enormous gush of fluid come out of somewhere that it normally wouldn't. Anyway, I was taken to L&D and about five minutes later I started having really strong contractions. After a little over five hours I was seven centimeters and stalled. I was still having contractions from hell but they were doing nothing. My mw said that I had to go to the bathroom and empty my bladder before I would progress anymore. So after about ten minutes of trying to pee in a bed pan while screaming bloody murder she decided to try the toilet. That worked so I went and got back in the bed and about two or three minutes later she checked me and I was ten centimeters. About that time Danny's heart rate started dropping and they said that I needed to push. They put me on oxygen which just made me feel claustrophobic because I was allready hyperventilating and I kept sucking the oxygen bag closed. After pushing on my side for about two minutes the found out that the reason I was in so much pain and that he still would not come out was that his shoulder was caught on my pelvis. So I flipped over to my back and pushed while one of the nursed pushed on his shoulder from the outside of my stomach to get him through. And, two more pushes and he was out!!! I was in labor for a total of about 5.5 hours and I did everything naturally. I was so excited. When he was born his head, hands and fet were purple. His head was because his shoulders were stuck so ever time that I pushed, I would push blood into his head and it would not come back out. But, he is doing fine. He weighed 8 lbs. 1.8 oz. and he was 20.5 inches long. He has since had to go under the bili lights but is out of them for at least tonight. I will post more later, but right now I have to go feed Danny.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

July 20th, 2007, 08:34 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing your awesome birth story! You did great mama!!!

July 30th, 2007, 03:53 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, great job mama!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search