Announcing sweet Theo John's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
I started to lose my plug in loads of amounts on sunday evening and the contractions even though very irregular I had a feeling were doing something positive. They continued all through the night and even though they still irregular they started to get painful, by 9 in the morning I spoke to L & D just to check at which point they would want to see me as all my other labours progressed very fast after my waters broke, I was advised to take a bath and then ring back and tell them how things were going.

After my nice soak in the bath I got back in touch and the midwife said to come in as the contractions were now alot more regular and i was having to concentrate to some degree to get through them. When we got to the hospital at 11 am I got checked over and was found to be 4 cms dilated and fully effaced, to which the midwife said I think you will be staying as I think the baby is going to be showing up really soon. Well everything progressed really well over the next few hours as I walked constantly to make the contractions work better. My DH did a great job of rubbing my back through each contraction and by just after 1pm I was pretty much fully dilated but my waters hadnt broken and the midwife wanted to let it all go naturally as i had done so far. So I started using the gas and air mainly to get through the urge to push as she said if we let it go naturally it would be better afterwards. Once it got to 2pm my waters suddenly broke on there own and at which point my body took over and did what it was made to do.

My midwife and DH were fantastic and after three pushes Theo was born at 2:25pm weighing in at 8lbs 12ozs. I got to lay and cuddle him for about 35 mins skin to skin whilst my midwife ran me a bath and made me a cup of tea and that was the best half hour ever, I couldnt get over how he kept just staring at me it was sooo sweet. Im glad everything went so naturally as it means I was so aware of everything, I dont have any stitches and that i actually feel very well in myself.

This is our first picture taken straight after he was born, I added some more in photo place.
July 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Awwwwww he is gorgeous... CONGRATS momma... thanks for sharing your birth story.

July 24th, 2007, 06:36 PM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a wonderful birth experience! Thanks for sharing! And he is just beautiful! Congrats again mama!

July 29th, 2007, 12:49 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great birth story. Thanks for sharing! Oh, our little guys share the same birthday!

July 30th, 2007, 04:33 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had an awesome experience!! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search