Cassidy's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2007, 05:59 PM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
The induction was to start at 3:00 am. they want to start it at 3 in the morning so we had to get up at 1:00 in order to be ready to leave at 2:00 to make sure we get to the hosp. by 3:00. I had started having contractions a few hours before we left so Cassidy was coming that day no matter what! The nurse started the Pitocin at 4:00 am, and we are telling her how it’s our 7th anniversary and how it’s the 17th day of the 7th month of the year 2007 and how 7 is gonna be her lucky number and so on and she goes “wouldn’t it be funny if she weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces?”. We laughed and figured there was no way it would even be close since she was supposed to be over 8.5 lbs. I started hard labor at about 7:30 am, and by 9:00 am I was hurting alot and asked for the epidural. I never felt the numbness they asked about, but the sharpness went away. No more than 20 minutes later I'm back to feeling the contractions again and they’re getting stronger and way more painful. The epi doc came in and adjusted the meds but still no relief. Then they gave me a spinal block, and then THAT didn't work they decided the catheter wasn't in the right spot. Epi doc went through the whole process again at 11:00 am. Well about 20 minutes later I started feeling them AGAIN, and these are coming so powerful and fast I'm crying hysterically, only getting about 20-30 seconds between contractions that are lasting a good minute to minute and a half long. The anesthesiologist nor the nurses can figure out why it’s not working and I'm freaking. Chris was keeping me staring straight at him because my eyes were rolling back and I got the shakes. So finally the anesthesiologist decides to try a third time, at this point I'm 5-6 cm and it’s been 4 hours of this, I didn't know how much more I could take it. I'd have asked for a c-section but I knew I'd feel it!! 3rd time's a charm and after 2:00 pm and I'm finally pain free. OMG...it was about time! About 2:30 after I got a chance to relax for a few minutes my doctor comes in and wants to check me, and when she does she’s like ok your 10 cm you’re ready to push, and this blows us away cause I was just 5-6 30 mins ago which means I pretty much went through the whole labor process except the birth with practically no drugs. It takes them about an hour to get all the equipment and warmers and stuff to the room, I start doing some pushes with the nurse, they bring the doc in, and at 4:01pm…I’ve got a little baby on my chest and I'm crying and Chris is crying... I'll never forget that moment! And she was 7 lbs. 7 ozs. The nurse freaked. I had a 2nd degree tear and didn't even feel it. They cleaned her up right in the room so I never had to part with her!! I never expected to feel pain like that so I wasn't prepared. i think if I was I could have handled it better, but boy, all the moms who do it with no drugs are braver and stronger than me!!!
She did latch on right away, she’s a pro, and I was really sore the first few days but the lactation consultant gave me some tips and showed me little things I was doing wrong. Now it's been a week, my milk came in a couple of days ago, and BFing is awesome. Chris was amazing...he kept me together, I mean I was a wreck, but he made sure I got through it all. I remember a split second while she was on my chest where I panicked because it set in that I was in charge of this little person. But everything came so naturally, nd I really do believe in parental insinct now, because I never had a maternal bone in my body before! Thanks for listening!!!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 25th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
Congrats!
July 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow that IS a lot of 7's!! how freaky the nurse predicted her weight lol. that's a wonderful birth story, except the part where the pain meds didn't work!! id have to say Cassidy and Carmella are the cutest babies EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 29th, 2007, 11:10 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an awesome birth story!!! That is too cool how she was 7lbs, 7ozs! She is one lucky little girl! B) Congrats again and thanks for sharing!

July 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story!! Better go buy a lotto ticket!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search