Marrissa's Birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
July 18, 2007

Wednesday night around 10 p.m. and me and DF are sitting around watching “So You Think You Can Dance” not really thinking anything . Wasn’t having contractions just a increased amount of back pain, but didn’t think much of that either because it didn’t seem much different from any other night. At 10:30 p.m. after the show was over I had made up my mind and decided to go for a bath to see if it would help the back pain, but I first decided to go put socks in my hospital bag, not sure why but I did and also grabbed baby’s bag out of the van because I wasn’t satisfied with what I had packed for baby. I then proceed for my bath, I turn the water on and decide to try to pee before getting in and I feel a little gush, I thought it was kind of strange but wasn’t sure it was my water so I wipe then I looked at the toilet paper and it wasn’t yellow, so I then look in the toilet and I see a murky clear color but I was still unsure. I then get in the bath and sit for a couple minutes then decided to get up and there was another gush so I get out of the bath and more fluid is coming out so I yell downstairs to DF that my water broke and to bring up the phone. He comes running up the stairs and I phoned my mom to tell her my water broke, I then phoned my older sister to tell her my water broke and that I was bringing the boys over. DF then rushes and gets dressed then wakes the boys up to get them ready while I put my clothes and a pad on. In minutes the pad was soaked and we made sure our cats had food and water then headed out the door. Meanwhile with all the rushing DF is freaking cause my waters broke and I’m telling him to relax cause there were no contractions. We finally made it to the hospital at 11:45p.m. after dropping the boys off at my sisters.

July 19, 2007

We finally get into a delivery room around 12:15 a.m. and I change into a gown and they take my pad to test the fluid and of course it comes out positive for amniotic fluid… they hook me up to the monitors and do the intake of getting me admitted. Meanwhile I was only getting contractions every 15 minutes and they were very mild. They kept me on the monitors for a couple hours to keep track of the contractions and baby’s heart beat. I got checked around 2 a.m. and I was only sitting at 3-4 cm’s, so the on-call dr. decided that I wasn’t ready for labor and they were going to transfer me down to a different floor until my contractions picked up, finally got into a room about 3:15 because the l&d floors were absolutely packed, ended up being in a ward room with 3 other women cause there was no room at all…the nurses tell me to try to get a couple hours of sleep meanwhile telling me that DF wasn’t allowed in the room because it was a ward and then my emotions just went wild and I started crying because I didn’t want him to leave me. I decided to close my eyes and try to get some sleep which I only got about 20 minutes and then I got woke up by a really strong contraction at 4 a.m. so I decided just to sit there and go through them for a while and they were coming 5 minutes apart. They then start getting really bad and about 4:30 I buzz the nurse and tell her that I been getting contractions every 5 minutes and they were pretty painful. By about 4:45 a.m. they were really strong where I couldn’t breath through them anymore was crying through each one. The nurse then goes to get DF out of the waiting room and tells him that they are bringing me back upstairs to the delivery floor. So we then head back up and by the time I got back into the room they were soooo painful that I was almost hyperventilating through them.. 5:00 a.m. hits and I was still managing through the contractions as I was getting hooked back up to the monitors. Around 5:15 a.m. the contractions start getting to 3 minutes apart and they were really really painful, so the nurse decides to check me herself and I was still at 4-5 cm’s. After that check the contractions get to 2 minutes apart, 5:25 a.m. the contractions were really strong where I couldn’t breath through them or nothing so the nurse gives me a shot of morphine which didn’t help a bit cause it takes a while for it to kick in, then the contractions start coming at 1 minute apart and I was almost screaming because they hurt so bad and the nurse is asking me if I wanted to try the laughing gas and I tell her no then she asks if I want to try a shower I tell her no, everything she suggests I just shook my head at her… 5:35 a.m. I’m literally screaming and the nurse asks me if I’m having pressure and I tell her yes and she checks me again and I was sitting at 8-9 cm’s so she proceeds to get the dr. into the room. The dr. then checks me and I was fully dilated with a little lip of cervix left so she then tells me that she is trying to get that lip out, it was really painful whatever she was doing and I was screaming… she proceeds to get ready for the delivery, while she is doing that the nurse gets me to do a little push to try and bring her down some more, then the dr. comes back n takes over and then tells me to push through the next contraction 1 set of 3 pushes… on the first push out comes baby’s head, the second push was just a smaller push while she eases her shoulders out then 1 more push and out comes baby at 5:46 a.m. and I hear it’s a girl and there are tons more emotions coming out but it wasn’t a painful emotion anymore, it was a happy one cause I was having doubts that she was actually a girl.

I ended up having a 1st degree tear and a labial skid mark and I did it all natural. The nurse that was there for the delivery tells me that out of all the years she was working there (must have been many years because she was oldish) that my delivery was probably one of the fastest fully progressed labors she had ever seen. Looking back on the labor it was totally worth it because I have the sweetest little girl and she nurses like a champ.

Thanks for letting me share my birth story.

July 26th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow you are one lucky woman!! during my delivery it crossed my mind how do women push their babies out in just a few pushes?! and kudos to you for doing it all natural!! That's a wonderful birth story thanks for sharing =)
July 29th, 2007, 11:04 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTG mama!!! I'm so glad you had such a beautiful birth experience and your precious little girl is here! Thanks for sharing!

July 30th, 2007, 04:23 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful story Leah!! Thanks for sharing...Marrissa is such a doll!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search