Introducing Sulayman Ilyas V. 7/23/7

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2007, 11:21 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I'm going to keep this short and sweet just like my labor-LOL (besides, I typed this before and then lost it! ).

Anyhow. Sunday, the 22nd was just normal day for me. Had a backache, but that was nothing new. I felt a couple of braxton hicks contraction, but still not a big deal because I would usually get those a few times per day.

I was in partial nesting mode and was doing some cooking, cleaning kind of things. That night when I went to bed I was really uncomfortable, but who isn't at 39 weeks? My dh put a heating pad on my back which made it a little better, so I just made my usual prayers to go into labor soon every so often (actually, they were more like PLEADS than prayers at times-LOL).

Anyhow, 230 am on the 23rd I was getting up to go to the bathroom. Suddenly, I hear a "pop" and felt wet. I "jumped" out of bed and water just started gushing all over the floor. I ran to the bathroom to make sure that the fluid was clear and that there was no cord prolapse. I paced around for a few minutes in disbelief, then realized that I should probably take advantage of the fact that I wasn't having contractions yet. I grabbed a snack from the kitchen, then went back to the bedroom to lie down. I saw that my husband was stirring a little so I said "Just FYI, my water just broke 15 minutes ago. Go ahead and go back to sleep though because I'm not having contractions." His eyes got all big and the next thing I knew he was getting stuff ready for the car. This irritated me, but I"m glad that he did that because at around 315 am I started having contractions. AND I mean CONTRACTIONS! I had dh log onto contraction master and they were >1.5minutes each every 3 minutes, sometimes closer. I basically went from no labor to TRANSITION, no in between. Dh called the birthing center and the midwife said to get my butt over there NOW.

The car ride was SOOOO horrible! It's really difficult to be in hard labor and try to relax, breath, etc. Anyhow, we got there at 450am. The midwives pulled up at 455am (I was actively trying not to push at this point). I walk inside the birthing center (stopping every few feet for contractions). Clothes come off and they are trying to get my vitals and pick up fetal heart tones, but that wasn't working to well because I kept having contractions, LOL--they could pick him up pretty easily though).

They eventually get me on the birthing bed to check me...I was more than 9 cm (just shy of 10), +2 station and completely effaced. No birthing tub for me at that point because about 30 seconds later I got the urge to have the hugest poop of my life and started to bear down. A couple of pushes later I felt the infamous "ring of fire" and consciously thought "okay, I can either stop pushing and have to feel this again with the next contraction or push through it." Of course, I did the latter and out popped his little head. One more push and there was the rest of him all pink and wet and handsome.

Sulayman Ilyas V. was born on July 23rd, 2007 at 540 am weighing 7lbs 12 oz, 21 inches long.

I eventually did get in the birthing tub for an herbal bath and held him in the water for a bit before had his own bath. We were home a little before 9am the same morning.

We had some snags with breast-feeding but I had a lactation consult come do a home visit and it seems, God-willing, that we have figured out the issue (sometimes it's all about positioning).

I'll be back to add a couple of pics. I just need to figure it out (I don't want anything to happen to my post).

July 27th, 2007, 03:59 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
Wow great story! How lucky are you to have such a quick delivery! Was this your first?

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
July 27th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
Congrats, sounds like it went fast!
July 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Wow great story! How lucky are you to have such a quick delivery! Was this your first?[/b]
Yep. My mom had fast deliveries with all 3 of us, so I guess it's in the genes! LOL!

July 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds sooooo wonderful!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (13.75), Ryllan (11.5), Finn (7.5), and Zane (4).

July 27th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ms.Michelle
WTG mama! I'm so happy for you. What an awesome story!
July 28th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Veteran
Congrats! Good thing your dh was on top of getting everything ready! What a blessing to have such a quick labor! Great story!

July 28th, 2007, 09:14 AM
soaplady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to soaplady
What a great birth! And fast, too! Congratulations on your sweet little prince!

My all natural soap and bath products store on Etsy:
http://www.bubblyseahorsesoap.etsy.com

Soaps, Scrubs, lip balms, and more! Find Bubbly Seahorse on FB, too!
July 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM
A couple of pics for viewing pleasure.

Just getting home (I have no idea why the pic is so orange, but it's still cute if I do say so myself)

chillin in the bouncer

Laid back

July 28th, 2007, 01:17 PM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
Aww...he sure is a cutie! I love him in just his diaper...if only we could just lay around all the time in just our undies...wouldn't that be great?

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
July 28th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Mommy2n1
He is sooo cute. Thanks for sharing.

~Jenn
July 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ms.Michelle
Those pics are so priceless!

July 28th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Gotta love fast labors... thanks for sharing and he is precious.

July 29th, 2007, 10:54 AM
LeeG's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, short and sweet is right! Congrats!!! He is adorable!

July 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
VoodooGirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to VoodooGirl
A fantastic birth story and your little man is just adorable.
July 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH MY GOSH! What a DREAM birth! Congrat's to you both!!!!

July 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
hockeymomto4boys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nice and quick, great job!! Thanks for sharing your story...he is a cutie!!

August 19th, 2007, 06:05 AM
~FaRRaH~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~FaRRaH~
MashAllah, how sweet

Congrats and May Allah always watch over him.

Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 * Angel Baby 01-08-2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search