Ariana's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 09:44 AM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
so i copied and pasted this from the oct05 board but heres my story of my 1.5 week hospital stay (excuse the typos i was still pretty exhausted at this time)

So wednesday the7th i wake up at 2 in the morning with his horrible pain in my back it was the same pain i had a couple days earlier so i thought ok Ariana moved weird and shes just pushing on something and it will go away so im up on my hands and knees for 3 hours before i wake up Ian crying telling him i think we need to go to tripler i didnt wanna go for no reason so he went to work and said if i still had the pain at breakfast time we would go so he gets back and im still haivng the same pain except its getting worse so we throw all the bags and stuff we had packed for when i go into labor in the car and head to tripler on the way my pain is getting worse and by the time i get to tripler i could barely walk to make it to L&D they put me in the NST room right away and im having contractions every 1-3 minutes and i start throwing up they check my cervix and im 2cm dialted and 50% effaced so they think im going in to preterm labor give me an iv then give me a cathedar to see if i had a UTI kidney infection or kidney stones they all do a pap smear to check for any signs of an infection everything came back negative so after being monitored for 8 hours they give me some benadryl and tell me to come back if it gets worse so all wednesday night im up in pain so ian goes to work thursday and by 9 im throwing up again cause it hurts so bad so i call him and we go back to tripler they monitor me again tell me they think its a pulled muscle give me some muscle relaxer told me to go home and take it and go straight to bed and that it would knock me out so fast to make sure i took it when i was already laying down so i take it and 3 hours later im still wide awake in pain so Ian calls and tells them the muscle relaxer is helping at all the doctor heres me screaming in the background and told him to take me in right away to get admitted and that i needed to be put on morphin so i can sleep cause they said i was stressing the baby out too much and was going to cause myself to go into labor so from thursday night to monday morning im in bed on morphin the doctors came in every morning asked me how the pain was i told them the same they said ok well we're going to go and talk to this doctor and then never came back. I was getting so depressed then monday morning i got all new doctors they decide that i need to get an amniocentysis (Sp?) where they stick the the needle in my belly and pull out fluids to see if babys lungs are mature well they werent mature so then they decide to do a ct scan ct scan came back normal so then tuesdad the doctor comes in and tells me theyre going to give me steroids to mature Arianas lungs and induce me thursday morning. Thursday morning comes and of course L&D is completely full so then friday at 3 in the morning they come in my room wake me up and tell us to pack our stuff to go to L&D. They start the pitocin at 4 they gave me way too much and i was 2 cm dialted but having contractions every minute with no break in between so they stick this balloon thing up me to make me dialte to 4 cm then after im 4 they give me an epidural. By 8 that night i was 8cm dialated and the epidrual had worn off completely. I felt like i needed to push so bad and everytime i had a contraction i would start to throw up which would make me push. The nurse was a real B*tch and kept yelling at me telling me to stop pushing and that i was acting like a baby she thought i was pushing on purpose when i wasnt so after 2 and a half hours of that i felt like i needed to go to the bathroom real bad so the doctor checked me and i was 10 cm dialted so she told me to start pushing and for the nurse to call her when the babys head starts crowning so after pushing for an hour and 20 min Arianas head starts crowing the doctor comes in at 11:45 gets ready and Ariana was born 13 minutes later 2 min before midnight. She came out sides ways facing my thigh so i got a really deep second degree tear it took the doctor an hour to sew me up. Ariana did awesome though her apgar was a 8-9 only thing they saw wrong was when she first came out she was a little blue. She weighed 6lbs12oz and was 18 inches long. They said shes really big for only being 36 weeks old they thought she was going to be less than 5lbs. So since she was way above 5lbs and everything looked good she didnt have to go to the NICU. Shes doing good my boobs are really big so i was having a hard time getting her to latch on so now im pumping and feeding her my breastmilk. My milk came in all the way yesterday and i can pump 4oz out in 10 min. Well thats about it oh and the minute she came out my backpain went away so i dont know if she was laying weird or what but it was her causing me all this pain. Here are a few pictures

Ariana 2 hours after she was born

Ariana wrapped as a little burrito hehe

Ariana the day we came home from the hospital

August 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ariana was a beautiful baby! That sounds like an ouchie experience with all that back pain for a while! I hope that doesn't happen this time!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 26th, 2007, 05:02 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
^ yeah i hope it doesn't either im so nervous to get to 35 weeks since thats when the back problems started

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search