Taylor and Alexander Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Taylor and Alex, Dh and I's Twin Miracles. They were due to arrive June 29, 2004, but with twins you know they usually don't go 40 weeks...I had a pretty decent 1st Trimester, only have one bout with morning sickness, which lasted 3 days and then I was fine. Around 16 weeks, I started getting cramping and a few light contractions, so I was put on moderate bed rest, I was taken off around 18 weeks...About 26 weeks I went to L&D for contractions and pain, here when they hooked me up, I was contracting every 5 minutes, so they tried 2 bags of fluids, it slowed it for a few and then they picked back up, so they administered terbutline, which shot my HR sky high, they tried one more round of it and my HR went higher and the contrax stayed the same, so it was decided that I be admitted and put on Mag Sulfate ( OMG, worst night of my life) so after 24 hrs my contractions calmed and then stopped, I was sent home 48 hrs later, and on strict bedrest. @ almost 30 weeks I was at L& D again for contrax, so this time they tried a 24 hr rest which they gave me Phengren and Nubaine, it is a pain med and muscle relaxant, it helped calm my contrax through the night, I was released the next night. Well @ 31 weeks I called the Dr, I had so much water retention, plus my BP went up, and I was dizzy, so off to L&D I went. My BP was higher and I was contracting, and when they checked me I was 1 cm dilated, so they told me I was to be admitted till the twins were born.

Through that whole time, I contracted pretty regular and they couldn't get it to stop, I was on oral procardia 4 times a day, and it still didn't work, I dilated a cm every 2 days. So the Dr's said if I hit 4 cm they would give me a C section. they did a 24 hr urine and I will spilling protien and they weighed me, I had gained 45 lbs of water in the course of about 2 weeks, they were very concerned. The morning they delievered the twins, I had hit 4 cm, but they decided since i wasn't in "active labor" and only dilated every few days , they didnt want to deliver me, I was in so much pain and contracting so bad. So they gave me the Pain Med rest, that night when the nurse came in to get a fetal strip ( they did it 2 x's a day cause my lil ones hated to be on moniter and never stayed on it) they got Taylor, but the nurse had a hard time getting Alex, so she calle din another nurse, same thing. so then they called the resident, SAME THING...So they pulled in the US machine and still had an issue. So they called my OB in, he too had a problem. SO he said to me, Hey you ready to have some babies tonight!!

So they got me preped, and wheeled me back, Dh stayed outside while they gave me the spinal, so abut 20 mins later the section began. At 10:21pm on May 12, 2004 ,Taylor was born, she came out screaming and even bit the nurse!!! At 10:22pm Alex made his way into the world, he was a bit quiter, ut he cried right away. They swept Taylor off to the NICU and they brought Alex over to see me real quick and off they went.

I didn't get to see them for 12 hrs while I was in recovery. But DH came back and told me, Taylor weighed in at 5 lbs 7 oz and 18 inches long and Alexander was 4lbs 6 oz and 17 inches long. He took pictures of them s I could see them.

Alex had Moderate RDS, so he was on Cpap, Taylor wasn't as bad but also was on Cpap, She was on it for 2 days and then switched to nasal canula and started bottle feeling 2 days later. She was released 1 week after her birth.

Alex took a little bit longer, he was on Cpap for 3 days and then on nasal canual for 3 days, he needed caffiene for his apnea. He also took longer to bottle feed well. He stayed for 2 weeks, becuase he was slow at eating.

They both came home on apnea moniters, Tay stayed on hers for 3 months and did well, Alex ended up having 2 real episodes and stayed on his for 6 months!

It's so hard to believe when I see them now, that they were ever that tiny!

That is our birth story!!

<div align="center"></div>
August 26th, 2007, 06:32 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, what we go through for our babies....uneven our unborn babies! Glad all turned out very well in the end!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you went thru alot. I couldn't imagine twins. I would be terrified. My DH has identical twin sisters. Everytime I get pregnant, I make them check more than once for more than one baby.

Hopefully Kendall won't give you such a rough time!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search