We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Izzie was born September 20th @ 9:12pm. He was 5lbs 8.7ozs and 19 1/4inches. He was due Oct 15th, at birth he was 36weeks 2days.
Well at the 32 week doc appt I had high BP and major weight gain from swelling. I got the order to go straight to the hospital for monitoring. Well that turned into a 2 day stay. During that visit we had an u/s that weighed Izzie in at 6lbs 2ozs. My BP went down enough and with bed rest they agreed to send me home, I also had to come 3 days a week for NST.That was going fine until 35 weeks. I went for the NST and after a long time on the BP cuff all the BP were way up and Izzie was boarder line responsive. THey decided I would be staying. Thank God Izzie (Sr.) was with me always. So during that stay the BP would not go down, I wasn't spilling any protein in urine however Izzie was still not very responsive. All he ever wanted to do was sleep. So they sent me for a level 2 u/s, I was 35weeks 6 days. They announced to me he was weighing in at 5lbs 13ozs. Well needless to say I freaked out! I was crying ao badly and asked to have a talk with the perinatoligist and my OB. I had talked it over with DH and we agreed I wanted Izzie out. I explained my concerns and they agreed to induce since I understood the chances he could end up in NICU for a few days. So, during hurricane Isabell (hurricane Izzy) I was induced. From the first dose of medicine I began to contract in a regular and strong pattern. Cervadil after cervadil I wouldnt dilate. This went on for 48 hours, the strongest level of pitocin and the cervical gels couldn't get me to dilate. With that Izzie's heart rate began to drop and stay low after contractions. My cervic had gotten to 2 and was closing baack up, my water was broke now for 24 hours and his head was still very high. At 8:20pm on Sept. 20th they came in with a BANG, we are going NOW! It's time for a c-section. I began to cry, I as scared and freaked out. But we were off in minutes and DH was with me. By 9:12pm they showed me this little blue baby that was all bones and a massive cry! He was gorgeous. I insisted DH go be with him and they said he peed on his nurse as soon as she got him and they never gave him oxygen he was doing so well on his own. From there we went to recovery and I got to breast feed and hold him, he had trouble with his sugars and maintaining body temp. However our nurse made all the difference, she made every excuse to keep us in the room longer so that they got his sugars up and his body temp. He went with us to our room and never saw a nursery. My the time we left the hospital he had already weight from 8.7ozs at birth to 8.9ozs.
Thank you Heather(hettyhoo) for my beautiful siggy
Islam Jr. 09-20-2003 * Sumaiya-Alee 09-07-2007 *Angel Baby 01-08-2010