jaden shane 4/27/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well my pregnancy was easy thruout the entire thing, at the beginning i was a little sick but nothing severe. then at 32 weeks i started having contractions every 5 min so my doc told me to go to the hospital to check things out. they told me even tho it was way early if he was coming then he was coming they werent going to stop it. i wasnt dialated or anything and after about 10 hours they stopped on their own. my doc wrote me a prescription to take if they started up again and if the pills didnt stop them then to come back in. everything was fine again and my due date came and went so they scheduled me for a non stress test, even tho everything was good they didnt want me to go more than 2 weeks overdue. i had an induction scheduled for that coming friday at 7 am.

the big day came i was very nervous, being a 1st time mom i had no idea what to expect except for the videos my healthy beginnings woman had shown my husband and i. a little later after they hooked me up to all the monitors the doc checked me and i was 1cm and 75% effaced (what i had been for like 3 weeks) so they incerted the cervadil and said they didnt expect much and that i'd probably need a few doses. so i walked around for awhile talking to all the family members in the waiting room. they hooked me back up to the monitors and then noticed jadens heart rate would drop after every contraction. so the doc broke my water to put the internal monitor things in my cervix (most painful part of the entire thing) they put me on my left side and an oxygen mask and side if it didnt get better i'd have a c-section. then my contractions really started to pick up so they gave me something in my iv to take the edge off, well didnt work at all my entire body went numb i couldnt feel anything BUT the contractions. so they decided to give me the epidural, they checked me right after and i was only 3-4 cm. a half an hour later the doc and a nurse came in while me, my husband, my sis and my sil were all talking and laughing and having a good 'ol time cuz my monitor had stopped and they wanted to see why. well as soon as he opened my legs he saw why, my son was starting to crown and i didnt even know it! they turned me on my back and had to run and get everything ready cuz they were not expecting me to go from 3-4 cm to fully dialated in just a half an hour. my husband and sis stayed in the room to watch the birth i pushed a few times and he just kept going back up in so the doc told me to push one more time and he cut me, my husband turned ghost white and looked at me to see me smiling cuz i couldnt feel i thing! my son was born at 1:38pm was cleaned off while i was stitched and cleaned up, he went straight to the breast after that and have never had problems breast feeding. i only had one dose of the cervadil and never even had to get any pitocin cuz luckily my son decided to stop being stubborn and come on his own. he was completely healthy, not even a touch of jaundice. and even tho i had an episiotomy i was still up walking around the next day. nobody could believe how fast things happend, not even the nurses! so u could say i had a fairly easy labor only being in the delivery room from 7 am- til a little after 1:30pm and only bein in actual labor for about half that time.

September 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Super Mommy
Awww reading these still makes me cry. I still have to add my story. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Glad Jaden was healthy - he's a cute little guy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search