We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
NOTE: My EDD was March 18th, with sonogram showing a due date of 2/27 (not possible).I had planned for a natural (no meds or augmentation) birth and prepared with Bradley classes, internet research, and lots of books.
I was induced at 42 weeks and had anything but the birth I had planned! The story goes as follows:
March 29th (Thursday): Arrived at hospital at 5 pm to start induction. I was having steady contractions, but they weren't strong at all (didn't know I was having them until I was connected to the monitor). Cervadil placed at 6:00pm. I stayed awake all night walking, sitting on birthing ball, anything to keep moving (as much as can be while connected to monitors) in attempt to kick-start labor and avoid further intervention.
March 30th (Friday):
7:00am only 2cm dilated w/very little change in contractions.
7:45am started pitocin. Contractions continue at a steady rate (4-5 mins) but only slightly increase in intensity.
8:30am Dr. broke my water hoping to "speed things up" (BIGGEST REGRET)
NOON 4-5cm dilated contractions 3-4 mins apart starting to increase in intensity
3:30pm contractions are coming right on top of each other - lasting 8 mins and peaking 3 times. I start having intense
pain on my left side that does not subside even when contractions do. I asked for the pitocin to be cut back as
I didn't feel I was making any progress. The nurses refused. I asked for my Dr.
5:30pm Dr. finally arrives to check me out. NO CHANGE IN DILATION!!!! and orders the pitocin cut back. Intense pain
on left side continues. Contractions go back to 4-5mins apart, but I feel like they are doing some good.
10:00pm 6cm dilated, the intense pain on left side become more than I can bare and I ask for an epi
10:30pm Epi is placed, I can barely feel my contractions, but the pain on my left side does not go away. I finally am
able to fall asleep around midnight
March 31st (Saturday):
3:30am I am awakened by a team of nurses surrounding me and my Dr arrives within minutes. I was 9cm but DS
decels in HR during contractions was not recovering quickly enough and they shut off my pitocin completely.
They stated it was time to "look at other options". I told them my only option was this: shut off my epi, start
my pitocin back up and I would breathe and work through the contractions.
5:00am My contractions completely stopped and I have reverse dilated to 8cm. They finally agree to start my pitocin
back up and let me breathe through the contractions.
10:30am Fully dilated, but still have a small lip and don't have the urge to push, so I continue to just breathe and relax
11:30am Pain on left side intensifies as I get the urge to push . . . so pushing begins!
1:30pm -1 station Dr arrives and informs me DS is malpositioned - Left Occiput Posterior: head is tilted to the left (thus
the intense pain on my left side - his right shoulder!) and he is facing up. DS is tolerating labor nicely so I am
still determined to have a vaginal birth.
3:20pm Very little progress - he almost crowns during a push, but as soon as a stop, it pops right back in. I am rapidly
losing energy and DS heartrate decels are taking longer and longer to recover.
3:58pm After 42 hours of labor plus 4 hours of pushing . . . yes, that is 46 hours of labor total! . . . my son is born by
emergency c-section. The cord was around his neck (this is where the head tilt was a good thing) and he
wasn't moving his right arm (head tilt a bad thing). X-rays were done his clavicle was NOT broken. It was
probably just really sore from being rammed into my pelvis for 4 hours! If he had come out vaginally, it
would have been broken. But PRAISE THE LORD, the end result was a happy and healthy 8lb 9oz 21.5inch
wat a story, sorry you had a tough time glad to hear you and an baby was ok in the end. I was lucky with kyle my 2nd i was in labour 3 an a half hours he didn't wanna wait, he was born in an abulance on my front