Presenting the one and only....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2007, 01:19 AM
krystallee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to krystallee
Karsyn Lee Bland - September 30, 2007 - 7:03pm - 6 pounds 9 ounces - 18 inches long!

First of all I will never look at olive oil the same again and vagina's are so ugly! I mean they are gross - but anyway - here is my story!!!!

Well...as most of you know I was looking at being induced for high blood pressure and protein in my urine, so on Friday I was ordered to do another 24 hour urine collection, since it was the weekend my doctor wanted me to go to L&D Saturday evening to turn in my urine for testing and if it reached 300+ to go ahead and proceed with inducing!

I arrived at the hospital at 7:30pm, after the UT football game - yes we LOST, anyway!!!! We arrived and they went ahead and set me up in a room, put the monitors on, set my IV (just in case), took some blood and I was set. I was thinking it would only take a couple of hours at the most to check my urine, oh no! It took them until about 2 - 2:30am (I think???), we were exhausted from waiting and were almost running out of hope. My protein had nearly tripled from Wednesday's testing to Saturday's testing so I was for sure getting induced. They decided I needed to rest, so they started the pitocin at "1" very low, just to get my cervix even more ready and prepared for the next morning, gave me 2 Ambien and told me to get as much sleep as I can before the next morning. I woke up at 8:30 Sunday morning, had my cervix checked and the doctor came in and broke my water (not very comfortable), they also upped the pitocin. I wasnt having a lot of pain, but I was feeling uncomfortable, the nurse came in and checked me about 2 hours later and I still wasnt dilating very well and it was because of all my previous surgeries on my cervix - I had so much scar tissue they I wasnt able to dilate without the scar tissue to be broken up. At that point the doctor came in to talk to me and said I needed an epidural because to break up the scar tissue it would be a very painful process and it would probably hurt more than the contractions. A lot of women must have been having babies and getting epidurals Sunday because it took awhile before I was able to get mine, so in the mean time I received Stadol (sp?) or whatever it is called and oh my gosh, I thought I was drunk!!!! After upping the pitocin again I really started feeling the contractions, but it wasnt too bad. I felt so loopy from the pain medication I was laughing thru the contractions and making jokes, I mean, I wanted to pack that stuff up and take it home - it was almost fun, hahahaha!

At 3pm is when I received the Epidural - what a breeze!!! I didnt even feel a thing except the initial prick to numb me I guess, after that I was like "thats it? Thats an epidural?" I thought it was going to be a lot worse, but nope, it was easy. Also, at my hospital they have the epidural where it is like a morfine drip, the more medication I want, I just push the button and it will distribute more epi medicine into the catheter in my back. When I received the epi I was dilated to 4cm and 100% effaced - they also inserted an internal monitor. At 5pm I started feeling like I had to take a bowel movement almost, it was weird. I told the nurse and she was just like "yeah the baby just dropped I am sure, but you probably arent fully dilated it normally takes 1cm per hour for first time mom's" - so I held off, but everytime I had a contraction I was squeezing and trying to relax, but I felt like I was going to poo or something. I kept telling her that for 50 minutes and she finally checked me after I told her I knew it was time because I was feeling a lot more pressure than ever before - sure enough she checked me and Karsyn was at +3 and fully dilated. I got so excited!!!!! I did a couple of practice pushes and the nurse was quite surprised and went and got the doctor as I pushed correctly and had full control, I guess its because I wasnt pushing the epidural button and a lot of it had worn off, which was ok!

I pushed for a little over an hour - but let me tell you, it was the easiest and most comical time for everyone in that room. I had my mom, MIL, and Clayton in there! I decided I wanted the mirror to see the birth, give me incentive, boy I am glad I did that! We started out doing 3 sets of 8 second pushes, but it was like I was coaching my mom and MIL on holding my legs and counting. I then told them to move it up to 10 seconds and then 12 seconds - I wanted Karsyn out. I kept making jokes like "well we are rounding 2nd base" and everytime I would see her head go in and out I would say "she wants to steal 3rd - I just know it" haha! It was funny because when my mom and MIL were holding my legs and I was looking in the mirror as I was pushing - one of the first things I said was "Is that a stretch mark?" LOL - everyone just laughed! I only rested on 4 contractions, but I pushed thru every other one. Once the doc came in and actually started prepping she said "ok here we go" and I asked "where are we going?" she said - "well your baby is about to come out" hahahaha! I guess she was just looking at me and saw Karsyn's dark hair and said "well looks like baby has a big head" I looked up and almost shouted "HOW BIG???" She told me not to worry I had a small baby, just a big head for her size. It was funny and felt like I only pushed for 15 minutes. The doc and nurses said they would never forget me and said I was one of the best patients they have ever had. Oh one comment I made was "OMG vagina's are soooo ugly - I'm sorry you have to look at that Clayton" - I had to stop pushing and the nurses had to turn away they were laughing so hard!!!! Oh yeah and they kept putting olive oil on me - to make is slippery I am assuming - LOL! I guess I lightened the mood, but anyway!

Right as Karsyn was coming out they told me to look down and I just started bawling, I could see her, I watched her come out and she was gorgeous! She wasnt all blue or bloody, not a lot of that white stuff, just perfect! It took her a little bit to cry, but once she did OMG I thought I was going to lose it, I loved it! Clayton was able to cut the cord and he was crying, my mom and MIL were both crying - it was the most amazing moment of my life. The whole experience was amazing! I didnt even realize I delivered the placenta - but I didnt tear at all - no stitches - she said I might have a "scrape" but thats it!

I still cant say I would do it again, but I can say I wouldnt change one thing about my birthing experience, it couldnt have been more controlled and relaxed as it was! Everything that I experienced during this pregnancy was worth it!!!!! She is my little booger...
October 3rd, 2007, 04:03 AM
klfc28
Ok you are brave!! There is NO WAY in you know where that I would EVER watch that via the mirror!!!

You crack me up though! Glad it went perfect for you.
October 3rd, 2007, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momme
WHAT AN AWESOME BIRTHSTORY!!!!! I am glad you had a great experience. Congrats, Krystal and Clayton! Welcome to the World Karsyn.
October 3rd, 2007, 06:13 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol!!! I had the same reaction when I was watching in the mirror with Belle! Every thing down there protrudes more of course while pushing and it looked soooo yucky, but the baby coming out is beautiful.

Sounds like a great labor!!! Very funny too! I am glad that all went so well. Isn't she completely and totally worth labor, deliver, peeing in a jug, getting your tush swabbed, and all that bedrest!!!!????!?!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

October 3rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if I could watch my own delivery. I would never look at my vagina the same again. I don't expect DH to look either, ewww.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

October 3rd, 2007, 10:02 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I cried myself just reading this! I am sooooo happy for you Krystal!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
imfairlyodd's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to imfairlyodd Send a message via MSN to imfairlyodd Send a message via Yahoo to imfairlyodd

Glad your experience was so great - and full of jokes! That's the way I usually am in 'serious' situations - cracking jokes and being sarcastic. Hopefully I'll have the same attitude during my labor!

And Karsyn is soooo beautiful! Congrats!!!
October 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
how cool that you got to see Karsyn coming out! i really wish i would have with ariana but i was scared and told them no way.

October 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
~Tiffany~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a wonderful Birthstory! I am so glad everything went so well for you! Congrats!!!
October 10th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Quote:
how cool that you got to see Karsyn coming out! i really wish i would have with ariana but i was scared and told them no way.[/b]
I would recommend the mirror to anyone - it was what gave me the strength to push!!!!
October 10th, 2007, 08:04 PM
monetcliche's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Krystal what an awesome birth story. I hope I'm in as good a mood as you... LOL! I usually like to joke... nobody usually gets it though. so maybe if I'm doped on stadol it'll be funnier haha.

I do gotta hand it to you, I'm terrified of there being a mirror in the room that may give me an accidental glimpse of the action... eek.

I love that teddy bear blanky in your sig! Where'd you get it? I want to get one for Luke!!!

October 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Krystal what an awesome birth story. I hope I'm in as good a mood as you... LOL! I usually like to joke... nobody usually gets it though. so maybe if I'm doped on stadol it'll be funnier haha.

I do gotta hand it to you, I'm terrified of there being a mirror in the room that may give me an accidental glimpse of the action... eek.

I love that teddy bear blanky in your sig! Where'd you get it? I want to get one for Luke!!![/b]
My MIL bought it - I am not too sure where, I will find out tho!
October 10th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Krystal,
What a great experience! and she is precious!

<div align="center"></div>
October 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
monetcliche's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My MIL bought it - I am not too sure where, I will find out tho! [/b]
Yay! Lemme know when you do I love it.

October 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM
the_mama.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that sounds wonderful hun! i also love that blanket!!! did you find out where she bought it yet??

Thank you BAM for creating such a beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search