Gabrielle Sophia's super girl entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM
waitingtoland's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to waitingtoland
Octobber 2nd, in the evening we decided to go take my 10 month pregnancy pictures. This included a hike to the park. On the way home around 6 I started feeling pretty… funny…. I was having braxton hicks all day but they changed… and I just KNEW it was starting. I went home and got a movie to lay down to. Sure enough by the end of the movie I was having VERY bad contractions every 10 minutes. We decided to go to bed anyways, because I had already done 3 or more bouts of serious false labour I told DH to go to sleep. But around 2am I was having them regularlyish every 5 minutes so we packed up and drove the hour to the city. That was one heck of an hour!!
As soon as we hit the hiway the contractions started coming so that there was only about 30 seconds between them. I started to panic we would be having her on the side of the road, DH stepped on it!!
It was pretty intense and during them I would just squeeze DH’s fingers and say “ooooooooooo Nooooooooooo” in a really low voice. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I could have imagined though. When we got to the hospital I hobbled in and even though it hurt, it was SO exciting!! We got up stairs and hooked up and somehow being at the hospital relaxed me so much that they slowed down a lot and I thought it was false again!!
They checked me and I was at a 4 and 75% effaced. I was SOOOO happy because it meant I could stay!!
They moved me about 30 minutes later to my delivery room and I was just in SHOCK that it was happening. I was in NO pain at this time (but didn’t DARE tell anyone that!!)
They came in and offered me the epidural an hour later and even though it didn’t hurt anymore (I could feel contractions but not painful for some reason, I thin cuz I was so relaxed.) I took it anyways because knew it would get worse.
AHHAHAHA let me laugh at my past epidural fears. Seriously. I cant stress how much it didn’t hurt. I would get another one right now just for fun
I was chatting through it and having a good time.
So that set it. Then we waited. Well I chatted my head off to everyone I could get my hands on. I thought it was WAY too easy.
They checked me 4 hours later and I was SO mad when they said I Was still 4cm!!
So in comes the doctor and breaks my water which felt SOOOO cool. I kept saying “Uh oh here comes the floor” because once and awhile the baby would move and a gush came out. The initial gush was pretty heavy and soaked the WHOLE bed! They also started pitocin . 15 minutes later my right hand side of my body slowly came back to life much to my dismay. It hurt. It hurt real bad and I started calling for someone because I knew something was wrong with the epidural. The doctor came in and checked me again (like that helps the worn off epidural) and she said “wow, you are almost at a 9 now!”
OMG!! 5cm in 5 minutes. I was pretty dizzy and felt a LOT of pressure with the contractions as well. I was kinda glad it wore off for a bit so I could see what I was missing!
The epidural GIRL (she was 26) came in and said I had shifted my catheter and moved the epidural medication. She fixed the epidural but now I only had numbing really high up, which was fine because they said I would be pushing in a few minutes and it would all be over in a few hours.
WELL, let me tell you, as soon as the feeling was back down low I was like… oh no im pushing NOW!! I LOVED pushing. What an amazing feeling! It was great, and only started to hurt as her head came out with her hand above it super man style and then the ripping began… and that didn’t feel pretty but I was so consumed with this little tiny hand and head that I was laughing through the whole thing in excitement. 30 minutes from first push she was out and on me. She didn’t really do a big cry but was breathing… she just … looked. We looked at each other and I started bawling my face off of course.
That was the most perfect second on the planet.
I had my baby and everything was amazing. The placenta came out right away and that felt SO cool, like 10 pounds fell off me!! The doctor stitched me up a few minutes later and then realized AFTER I had no freezing or anything down there!! But that goes to prove how much love can take away pain. She was like “could you feel that??” And I said “Yeah, but that’s ok, I didn’t mind”. She thought I was nuts. I had tons of stitches because of the super man pose I think I ripped every possible place and way. Lol the nurses of the ward knew me for the next few days as that “poor girl with the destroyed bottom”. That part was pretty bad. Oh and the worst pain of the whole experience?? After birth my bladder swelled closed and about 6 hours after that happened I thought I was dying of pain! They stuck a catheter up and 1 and a half letters of urine came out in about 30 seconds. Hahha funny now, not funny then!! They had to have 6 nurses in there to hold me down and get it done because I was freaking out, aww, they even took the baby out of the room for it. It wasn’t pretty. That was the WORST part by far of the whole birth experience. Other then that I LOVED my birth and would do it again after realizing the most amazing gift you could ever imagine is handed to you right after and suddenly existence makes PERFECT sence and everything that ever matters is in your hands at that moment.

October 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
krystallee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to krystallee
aww Sally - thats beautiful! Looks like we felt the same experience!
October 6th, 2007, 08:32 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oooo Sally I do know that perfect second, moment of holding and seeing your baby for the first time! Can't wait for it with Finn!!! Glad all went pretty well, but ouchies about the tearing. I hope that heals very quickly and well.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

October 7th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
great story, and she is lovely!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
what an awesome birth story. I love the pic you look so happy!!!

October 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momme
She is beautiful!
October 11th, 2007, 05:39 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
wow... thats amazing!
i hope you heal really fast.. your poor bum!
xxx

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search