Jase's birth story-still a little emotional for me

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Super Mommy
Well, we went in for our scheduled c/s only to find the doc running late. I had them due an ultrasound to see if Jase was still transverse and he was. I was then told the cord was around his neck a couple times. However, that only scared me a little, as I know how common this really is and I had faith everything was going to be alright. Once in the Op. room, I received my spinal. Immediately, things went bad. I started to feel really weird, but just thought it was the meds. Well, I hear the anestisiologist keep mentioning she needs to stablize me, my blood pressure was dropping rapidly. She keeps asking me how I'm feeling, and I just cannot explain the feeling, but I was sweating profusely, hot, and just sick. She is scrambling behind me still trying to stablize me as she keeps talking about it out loud to the doc. My husband still isn't in the room as of yet. I am scared to death. Then my hubby enters and he took one look into my eyes and said, he knew something wasn't right, but I just couldn't get any words out. Finally, they proceed with the c/s. I am still somewhat out of it, and now I feel as though I'm having a heart attack. My chest feels so so heavy, and now we have a problem with Jase. The doc's cannot get him out. He is stuck. I hear them scrambling, cursing, etc. trying to get him out. My hubby and I are just so worried and again, I cannot really make out what is going on because I am still so out of it due to the b/p drop. According to my hubby they had some internal stuff sitting out on my chest or tummy. Then they bring Jase over, blue, listless, and no sound. He is held up to me and then I am told well, we need to go resuscitate him now. I thought it was never going to end. I just cannot stop crying. I don't have a whole lot of memory from this point on, however, my hubby reassured me that Jase was okay, and I could hear him trying to breathe. After this my hubby and Jase were taken out of the O/R to get cleaned up, warmed up, etc. From this point on all I remember is I felt like I was in a Dr. Seuss book. I was somewhat halucinating, seeing things come and go, lights come and go, and then I could hear the doc's talking and once again scrambling for some reason. I literally could not tell if I had just passed on and was on my way to heaven, or if what was going on was real. It was just too weird and surreal. Well, once I finally start coming to I am finally in my own room. I guess I had spent 2 1/2 hours in the O/R. I was told I started hemmoraging and they could not stop the bleeding for 2 hours. According to my doc, my uterus is covered in fibroid tumors and they would not stop bleeding everytime he tried to stitch me up. At some point I was given a tranquilizer and that's what made me go to la la land. Anyways, after all this, my bleeding has finally been stopped or slowed. And I am coming too, however, a lot of my baby's birthday is such a loss to me, as I cannot recollect too much and I am constantly asking my husband for answers. Later that evening in my room I was told that I had lost so much blood that now I need a blood transfusion. Dear lord, my hubbby and I just were not sure.............we were scared. We talked it through the best we could with what info we had, and decided to wait it out just a little longer. The docs decided to give me another blood test, to see where my numbers were. If my numbers were continuing to go down, then my hubby and I would agree to the transfusion, however, if they were staying the same, we would refuse. Well, they continued to go down. I guess normal numbers were anywhere from an 11-12 and mine were now down to a 6. So needlesss to say, we went ahead with the blood transfusion. This took a whole day in itself. I had two bags of blood. I did start feeling better the next day. And just to add to my story, I was in a hospital that has baby room in, so I had to deal with my new baby boy during all this too. My husband was their to help when he could, but he could not spend the night and only one nurse would offer to really take him for me during the night so I could get 2 hours of sleep, bless her heart. She was my savior!!! All in all, I am forever grateful to be here and to have a healthy beautiful little boy!!! We are both happy to be home and somewhat recovered from our experiences. I still get emotional when I try to tell my story, but I'm sure this will subside at some point. I love my little man Jase, my two beautiful daughters and of course my rock, my husband!!!
October 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momme
How scary! Glad he is ok and you too.

October 8th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my! I am so glad you are both safe and healthy. I am so sorry you went thru this. Stay strong momma!~

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search