Jack's birth story.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 5:30 a.m. I woke up with regular contractions. They came in at 9 a.m. to start the pitocin and put on a monitor. I had to stay lying on my back for the monitor to work and I just wanted to die because my back hurt so badly when I lay on it.

I just laid there in pain until 12:45 p.m. when the nurse checked my cervix, I was 6 cm. By this time no one was allowed to talk to me, or even look at me, but they still thought it would be fun to take my picture I waited a little longer and then demanded an epidural. I waited what seemed like forever for the anesthesiologist to arrive. At about 1:30 I got the epidural. It was terrible as well. After getting the epi they checked me again and I was at 9 cm. I still felt everything 'down there' and was getting scared because it was almost time to push.

At about 2:00 I knew I had to push. I and still felt everything but I didn't care and I started pushing. At first I had no idea what I was doing. Everyone told me 'push like you're pooping' so that is what I did... They should have told me 'push like you're pooping an elephant'. I had a pretty bad cough so every time I cough his head would come out a little more and everyone laughed. Eventually I got the hang of this whole pushing thing. It didn't take much longer after that, two more pushes and I looked down and saw his head coming out, it was weird...

Nikatsenha:a Jack Montour was born at 2:25 on September 28, 2007. After he was born I held him for almost an hour before our families came in and immediately started taking 500 photos of him.

They didn't come back until 4 p.m. to weight and measure him (so his birth weight could be a little off, he ate a few times before they weighed him). My little ham was 9 pounds 4.3 ounces and 20 inches long.

And that is our short and sweet story.

Last edited by Nikki.; April 4th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.
October 12th, 2007, 06:19 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have been so mad if they made me lay on my back when I had pit with Finn. He had to be monitored the whole time, but they gave me a portable thing that transmitted the contractions and his heart rate to the monitor. And they didn't freak if they lost it for a bit...just had to adjust it again. Your back must have really been hurting so badly. Sorry you had to go through that. Sounds like you handled it well though. Jack is such an amazingly beautiful baby!!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search