The Birth of Brayden

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brayden Emmanuel
October 7, 2007
2:12pm
7lb 8.6oz
19 inches long

He is finally here!!! I am so happy and excited. I just got home from the hospital and I'm gonna try to quickly post a birth story. I will post pictures later!!

I went to labor & delivery at 6:30 Sunday morning for my induction. We sat in the waiting room until about 7:30. I was hooked up to the baby monitor and contraction monitor belts. I was 50% effaced and 2-3cm. I hadn't eaten since 6:30 Saturday night and I couldn't eat or drink anything except ice chips so I was STARVING!!!

They started my pitocin drip at about 9:15 I believe. Then they broke my water. I don't remember what time that was. I just know I got the epidural pretty quickly because I was in a lot of pain!!! I think I was 4cm when I got it. That was around 12 noon.

The pain from the contractions went away of course, but I was having a LOT of pressure. It was hurting. I pressed the button for the epidural 3 times. And then the nurse told me to let them know if it felt like I had to have a bowel movement. Well it had been feeling like that for quite a while!!! So the doctor came in to check me (this was at 2:00) and SURPRISE!! I was all the way dilated and I just had the anterior lip left (or something like that...) Everyone was just amazed at how quick it was. She said I had another 30 minutes probably.

Well, they called in my doctor and when she checked me, the lip was gone and I was ready to push!!! I pushed for 10 minutes. It was pretty hard. I have no idea how people do this naturally or even how they can push for hours even WITH the epidural. I wouldn't have been able to do that.

His head and shoulders were delivered and my doctor said she likes for the mother to help deliver the baby at the end. Basically after the head and shoulders are delivered, you put your hands on his waist and then you get to bring him straight to you. It was soo amazing seeing him... I'm still in awe of how perfect he is.

Mark decided to cut the cord. Then they took him away to weigh him and all. Me and Mark got to be alone with him for about 30 minutes and then they took him to the nursery and everyone left me all alone LOL.

All in all I guess I was pretty lucky to have such a short and easy labor for my first!!! It was about 4.5hrs long. They said I pushed like a pro, haha.

I will post pics later!

October 9th, 2007, 04:24 PM
hettyhoo's Avatar Mom to Ty & Grae
Congrats to you Mama

That sounds like an excellent delivery

October 10th, 2007, 08:31 AM
char_hart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrat's!!!!

[CENTER]Alexandria & Abigail, Sisters forever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search