London's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
MyMiracleBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok....shall I start from the VERY beginning? LOL

First of all, as most of you know, I wasn't even supposed to be able to get preggo. But I did. Docs are not ALWAYS right. Anyway, I found out when I was only 3 weeks if that. I got preggo 2/11/07 and found out on 3/1/07. Lucky for me I was intutive enough to pay attention, because I got a lot of good care from the very beginning, and since this was high risk I needed that!

My hiccups along the way:

I bled at 6 weeks. The doc was pretty sure that I was going to miscarry. Haha, wrong again!

My pregnancy was uneventful until 21 weeks. At my appointment at 21 weeks the doc noticed that my cervix was measuring shorter. She went into straight up panic mode and transferred my care to the high risk ob altogether. I don't think she felt really comfortable delivering me.

I was put on modified bedrest from 22 weeks through week 25. On July 17 I went in for a doctor's appointment and they sent me straight to the hospital from the doctor's office because my cervix had shortened to a critical point. On July 19, after two days of steriod shots for the baby's lungs, I underwent surgery to have a cerclage placed. Dr. Rush was the doctor for that procedure. I went home on bedrest on July 23. Two weeks later the doctor said I could go to modified bed rest and come off of pelvic rest.

On August 17th, at 1:00 a.m. my water broke when I rolled over in the bed. I went into the hospital, which is where I stayed until she was born on 9/5.

The birth:

Again, at 1:00 a.m. on 9/5/07, I woke up to go to the bathroom. I was not really in pain, just needed to tinkle. Came back from the bathroom and laid down and a WHOPPER of a contraction hit me. I was kinda shocked and paralyzed from it for a second, and told Chris I thought I just had a contraction. We called the nurse. She called the doctor (on call of course, not mine) and he was scared of me (lol, I was a highly unusual case, and not a lot of doctors really knew what to do with me). He checked me but said my cervix wasn't really dialating. Uh duh you dummy, I had a cerclage in place to keep that from happening. We reminded him of that, and he said he didn't really think it was labor. Well, my water had been replenishing all along, and with each contraction I was having (only about 2 minutes apart) I was gushing water. After about two more hours of this, I told Chris I needed my bed pad under me changed and to get the nurse. I had been crying, because I knew I was in labor, and the doctor had kinda poo-pahed me. He went out and talked to the nurse and was like, you know she's in there writhing in pain and crying. The nurse called another doctor in, and she checks me, and my cervix is dialating and ripping through the cerclage. Thank you IDIOT first doctor. They rushed me off to labor and delivery, leaving Chris to bring EVERYTHING from our room to L & D. And when you are there for as long as I was, you have a lot of crap! Poor guy! Anyway, they cut the cerclage, and tell me that I may need to have some surgery to repair my cervix when this is all done, because the cerclage ripped it pretty badly. Oh joy. I was in some serious pain at this point, and the contractions were killing me. They couldn't get the belts on the monitor adjusted to pick them up well, so they think I'm faking them out. My cervix dialated to a 6 almost as soon as the cerclage came out. I asked for my epidural (good thing as you will find out later on) and they are hesitant, but give it to me anyway after some coaxing. Ok, so I'm at about 9 a.m. now and I am finally relaxed a little with the epi. Nobody comes to check me in forever because they think the epi has slowed my contractions because the monitor isn't picking them up. I can still feel my uterus getting hard, and I know I'm having them, uh this isn't my first time! Finally at about 11:15 I ask the doctor if she doesn't think maybe I should be checked. She checks me to pacify me and I'm dialated to a.......FREAKIN' 12!!! The doc's like OMG! Don't PUSH! Ya think? She rushes around getting the neonatel team and everyone that needs to be there, there. I was astounded to find 21 people in my room when I delivered. Yep, 21. There were people crowded in everywhere. When the doc says push, I do, and London pops right out halfway with the first push and all the way with the second. She was born at 11:33 a.m. They whisk her over to the neonatel team, and shes giving a cry, which is good for a preemie. Her apgars were 8 and 9. In a few minutes after working with her, they let me hold her for a second, take the now famous pic of her and I (lol) and then take her off to the NICU. I'm left sitting there for an hour hoping that my placenta will deliver. The doctor had told me ahead of time that because of the ablation I had done that my placenta my be "stuck" to my uterus and I may have to have a hysterectomy. Well, after an hour, they rev up my epi to paralyzing proportions and wheel me off to the operating room. I was in the surgery for nearly 5 hours. I was awake the entire time, and after a while started to get worried. I lost a lot of blood and had to be given two units of blood and five litres of fluid. They give me medicine to sedate me hoping I would sleep, but I didn't at all. I was in recovery for another 2 hours after that. I didn't actually get back to my room until almost 7:30 p.m. On the way back they rolled my bed into the NICU to see London, which is where I snapped the picture (yes I was taking pictures of her right after my surgery, lol!) of her in just her diaper that is the head shot on some of the siggies.

So...that's my story!
October 10th, 2007, 09:17 AM
HighwayDaisy
Thanks so much for sharing, Michelle! I know it wasn't the easiest experience, but wow, she trully is a miracle!
October 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
bunni0407's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to bunni0407
OMG! Obv drs can be stupid. And I had no idea you could dilate to 12, that is so weird. Atleast everything got taken care of and your better and you have a beautiful little girl.

*Thank you misfitinmn for my amazing siggy*

October 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Yay!! Our first birth story!! That is quite a traumatic event sweetie. I am so glad that the both of you all and all are home happy and healthy. She is truly truly a miracle baby!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 10th, 2007, 03:21 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow...scary!! But I'm SOOOO glad you two ladies are OK!! Thanks for sharing!

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

October 10th, 2007, 03:30 PM
nette's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow that is quite the experience. I'm glad you guys are doing well now. She sure is beautiful! Congrats.
October 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Oh wow....What an amazing story. I am so sorry you had to go through all that but am so Happy you are both doing well now. London is absolutely beautiful.

October 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to carissasart
wow what an experience!!! im so glad your both ok ....congrats!

October 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our first baby! Thanks for the story. London truly is a Miracle baby!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

October 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
What a truely amazing and touching story, thank you so much for sharing.
October 10th, 2007, 04:17 PM
FrankieMont's Avatar FrankieMont
Send a message via Yahoo to FrankieMont
Whewh miss London certainly entered this world with a bang! talk about an experience,so glad everything ended up being perfect with the two of you,thanks for sharing love!

October 10th, 2007, 04:33 PM
~*mamarazzi*~'s Avatar AKA...Sarah :)
Send a message via MSN to ~*mamarazzi*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*mamarazzi*~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~*mamarazzi*~
I love you guys We are such PROUD Aunties thank you for sharing your story with us!!!

<---A little bit about me

October 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Leahs Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Leahs Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Leahs Mommy
Thanks for sharing! Great story..she's a doll!
October 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ash_Mama#2
WOW......WOW!!!

I also had no idea you could dilate to 12! What a story.~ you have a beautiful little lady and an awesome story to tell her while she grows up!

</div>

<div align="center"></div>
October 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Amazing.

I can't believe the nerve of some doctors. That is what worries me the most.

thanks Mrs.Jantzen for my siggy
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wACi2fj/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 10th, 2007, 05:30 PM
SagesMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SagesMommy
wow! thats amazing! how stupid can doctors be? really, like a woman who has had contrax before doesn't know wht they feel like! sheesh! I am so glad that you and London are doing well. seriously though a 12! thats just insane...

October 10th, 2007, 05:43 PM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
Thank you sooo much for sharing your story with us!!! That was a truly amazing experience you had and you came through like a trouper!! Love you both!!!!!!

October 10th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
wow, london was truly a miracle!!! congrats michelle =)

October 10th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Gemini7605's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful story, well except for the idiot doctor part!! But in the end, everything worked out, and London is a true miracle baby. Thanks for sharing your story Michelle, we love you!

October 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so glad that everything turned out fine and you are finally home with your little girl!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search