Olivia Mae's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
i've been adding to this all day its a little long but here it is

Olivia Mae was born Monday October 8th 2007 at 7:03 P.M. with an APGAR of 8, 9. Olivia weighed in at 8lbs 13oz, 21 inches long with a 14 inch head and chest.

Monday October 8th I wake up around 6:30. It was probably the 5th time I had to get up to pee that night. After going pee I notice what is called a bloody show. Ian is just running out the door for work so I tell him what just happened and to make sure he answers his phone if I call. I think it made Ian nervous he just brushed it off and said that it probably didnít mean I would go into labor that soon. I decide to go ahead and take a shower just in case this really is it I even threw in a load of laundry so then I wouldnít have to wash it after having Olivia. After getting out of the shower I notice I am having a good amount of contractions so I start timing them. Theyíre defiantly not Braxton hicks contractions I actually had to breathe through these. After timing my contractions for a little while and not having any that are 3-5 minutes apart I decide to lay down and get some rest. Ariana wakes up around 9:30 which is when I decide to call my doctor to see if there was anything I needed to do. At this point my contractions were about 7 minutes apart. My doctor wasnít working that day so I spoke to the nurse practioner. She told me that I tested positive for gbs so that I needed to come in to be checked so if I am in labor I can get an IV with the antibiotics before Olivia is born. I take Ariana upstairs for Shane to watch her then clean up a little and grab anything I need just in case Iím not coming home. I really did not think this was it I didnít even say bye to Ariana because I figured I would be back and didnít want her to cry for Shane when I was leaving. I get to my doctors office and after being checked am told to head down to labor and delivery that I am already 6 cm dilated. I start to freak out a little as Iím walking down I call Ian to tell him to head to the hospital. I get set up in my room my contractions arenít too bad at this point. My doctor comes in to check me a couple hours later Iím at 7cm and Olivia still hasnít engaged so I decide to bounce on the birthing ball and then walk the hallway for a while. My contractions start getting worse so I let the nurse know I am ready for my epidural. After the epidural I felt great I was able to relax. My doctor came in and broke my water and gave me a little bit of pitocin to help speed things up. My mom brought Ariana so I could say hi to her I was pretty upset that I didnít say bye to her before I had left for the hospital so I was happy to see her. My sister came too so it was nice to have a little company. They didnít stay long. A little after 6 I start feeling a lot of pressure in my bottom so my nurse checks me and I am fully dilated!!! The nurse calls my doctor and Ian calls my mom to tell her to head to the hospital if she wants to be there when Olivia is born. I start pushing around 6:30 when my doctor shows up. My mom is there shortly after. I had a mirror so I could see what was happening. Seeing the top of Oliviaís head really helped me focus when I was pushing. 30 minutes later Oliviaís head is out, it was so amazing to see that in the mirror. At this point Oliviaís shoulders get stuck next thing I know the nurses are pushing the bed down and jumping on my legs pushing them back I had no idea what was happening at this point but was told later on that she got stuck. Olivia finally came out and was put on my chest but then was quickly rushed over to the warmer because she was a little blue. Olivia weighed in at 8lbs 13 oz, 21 inches long with a 14 inch head and chest. Her apgar was an 8 then a 9. I was able to hold Olivia right away she latched right on too. Yay!!! I was so nervous after how much of a hard time I had with Ariana that Olivia wouldnít latch but she is such a good nurser and still is 2 days later! Overall I love my birth experience it was so much easier than my labor with Ariana. My doctor was awesome and so were my nurses I wouldnít change a thing!

October 11th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
what a beautiful baby! Thanks for posting your pictures and birth story! You have a lovely family too!!

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 11th, 2007, 04:32 AM
mamatomaica's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mamatomaica
aww shes lovely! great story too! thanks for sharing!

Beautiful Siggy by Claire!
October 11th, 2007, 06:44 AM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds like it went pretty great..congrats she is beautiful

October 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM
mommywith3boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie! I just adore the chubby cheeks! Sounds like you had a pretty nice labor.
<div align="center">Austin (12)</div>
<div align="center">Devon (8) </div>
<div align="center">Connor (4)</div>
October 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
She is beautiful Lisa!!!! Look at all that hair!!!! You did awesome honey!!

October 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story! She's beautiful. Congratulations!!
October 12th, 2007, 06:09 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like she has the same nose as you and Ariana. Love her pudgy cheeks and she looks so alert! Her cloth dipe is adorable. I have pics of Finn in his cloth too...will have to post some.

I am glad that you are so satisfied with your labor! And that she is nursing so well!!!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search