Nicholas Ryan's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2007, 03:53 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Alright this might turn out to be kind of long but my whole labor experience was long! I can't believe I did all natural!

I woke up at around 11:30 to go to the bathroom. I got about halfway across the hallway and felt a slight gush of fluid. Took another step and felt another gush. Went to the bathroom and saw some blood in the toilet. I had been feeling slight contractions on and off all day long so I decided to start timing them. They were 3-5 minutes apart, I timed them for about 45 minutes.

I decided to call my doctors office to see what they wanted me to do. After 45 minutes they still hadn't called me back so I call them again. Turns out that somehow they transposed a couple of the numbers of my phone number. The on call docot finally calls me back and since I had the gushing fluid and time able contrax to head into L&D. (I'm going to note here that I had gone in on the 2nd and was 1cm dilated and 90% effaced) I wake up DH and we head to the hospital. I call my parents and DH calls his parents.

We get to the hospital and get admitted, they check me and I am 3 cm and 90% effaced. This is at 1:30am. At this point my contractions really pick up and start to hurt a bit, I actually had to breathe through them. I was having probably one contraction a minute.

They checked me again at 5:30 and I had progressed to 4cm. They check me again at about 8....... 5cm. Alright a little slow going, they said the first half usually takes the longest. Got checked again at 11, with no progress at all. At this point the doctor decided that she was going to put me on some pitocin since along with having no progress in two hours or so, my contractions had also become sporadic. At first they worked the dosage up to 6mg/hr and then things got really intense so they brought my dose down to 3/hr. The contractions were still really intense but at least I got a break in between to get a breath and drink of water.

I had really strong contractions for the next hour or so. By the time that the thought of an epi even crossed my mind, they checked me and I was all of the sudden at 9cm and fully effaced.

I started pushing at 12:21. It took longest to get his head to get fully through the pelvic bone. Once we got to that point, it took me 2 or 3 pushes to get his head out. Then his shoulders got stuck, and I tore. At this point the doctor gave me an episiotomy.

Nicholas was born at 1:28 PM on October 4th 2007. He weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 19 inches long. I didn't get to hold him right away like I wanted and DH didn't get to cut the umbilical cord either because Nicholas didn't breathe right away and his temperature was lower than they wanted so they took him right away to get him breathing correctly and warm him up.

October 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
thats so awesome that you did it all natural good job mama!!! He is gorgeous

October 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! He's adorable :-)

October 12th, 2007, 06:13 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is adorable and has such chubby cheeks!

Wow! All natural with it being that long and needing pit is fantastic!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search