Kyler's Grand Entrance!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to momme
6am - Headed to the hospital for some Cytotec

7:30am- We got to the hospital and in our room.

8:00am - Kathy (my midwife) came in and we talked about what was going to be happening and because she had clinical for the day she was going to be back to check on me after work but would be in contact during the day.

Because I had GBS they started an IV. The nurse really stunk! She poked me twice before my midwife did it on her own. They started the first dose of antiBs and INSERTED THE PILL. I am about 3 cm and 70%.

9:30 am - Aaron and I started walking.

Noon- Back for another round of Meds & Cytotec! This time I took it orally... Contractions started but they were really nothing that would be productive. We walkd more.

3:30pm- Back again for monitoring. This time until my midwife got back at 5pm.

5pm- She comes and checks me ... she said my cervix is really favorable and that she is going to go a head and do another pill and see what happens. They move me to a birthroom w/ my tub and tell me I can shower or walk or bounce or what ever I wanna do.

7pm- We are moved to the room finally!

7:30pm- My mom shows up. I am in the shower and having some contrax but nothing that is really going to help! I am to walk for an hour and see what happens.

8:30pm- I get check'd again and I dont have any change! The pains just started and they were going to send me home at 9pm. I have to stay on the monitor but nothing is showing up. According to the monitor I was not having contractions at all. I told my midwife I cant go home like this and she said lets try another hour an see if there is any change if not we are going to have to release you.

THE STORY REALLY STARTS HERE!

9:15-9:30 pm- I get out of bed and go back to the shower. Things are starting to happen. Still not having strong contraxs but they are coming every 2 mins

I am in the shower for maybe 5 mins and I get a gush of fluids and blood. MY WATER BROKE! I am not going home and WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!! YAY

9:30 - I get in the tub!

9:45- My midwife informs me that I have another bag of waters, the bag that Mr. Kyler is in needs to be broken. She trys to break it during 3 contractions. Finally it breaks just after 10pm

10pm- I feel like I am losing control and I can tell he is big. I am still not very dialated just to 4 cm.

10:15 pm- I am now 10 cms and He is coming thru the birth canal.

10:28pm- KYLER ENTERS THE WORLD. He has a full head of hair and is HUGE! 9 pounds 6 oz and 20.25 inches long.

Aaron cut his cord! I got out of the tub and went to the bed. NO TEARS (THANKS TO MY MIDWIFE WHO ROCKS! )

He nursed very well and we headed to our room!
October 14th, 2007, 08:35 PM
missourimommy86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to missourimommy86 Send a message via MSN to missourimommy86 Send a message via Yahoo to missourimommy86
wow 2bags of water! sorry it started off ruff but he wasnt gonnalet you go home with out him that time! congrats hun
October 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Congrats! 4 cms in 15 mins is awesome. Good thing you didn't go home. Mommy knows when something is up!

COngrats!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search