My twinkers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2007, 03:26 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oct 10th

Sitting here surfing JM.. I know big suprise right? and my lower back/lower abdomonal began to kill me... So I veiwed a few more post.. And decided to lay on the couch... After attempting to lay on the couch about 20 mins worth of flipin and flopping I returned to my computer.. Began to speak with Alex and ALison on Yahooo IM.... Then I had my last moment of pain and decided to go to L&D... I decided not to tell a soul cause I have been to L&D a few times in the past.... got up there about 10:30am they kept me on the monitors and such... I watched TV along with rocking to help the pain... Then the nurse came in and stated they were going to redo the Fetal Hemaglobin test that I had last week... This is when I text Nikki whom has no clue I am even up there....IT came back 2.0 which last week it was .5 so they wernt to worried about it... They sent me for a u/s to make sure the neither placenta had burst or a hole.. The u/s came back fine.. The doctor decides to keep me over night and retest the level the next morning....

Oct 11th

The nurse walks into my room... takes my glass of water and poors it down the sink in front of me... WENCH!!.... Then I realize ummm something is not right.....My fetal Hemaglobin is now at 9.6 and I am told the babies will be born today at 1:15... I FREAK out!!!! Nikki rushes around and comes up to the hospital... I hadnt had anything to eat since 7pm the night prior... So I was drink less at 6 am and foor less 7pm... DH is in NC and isnt even close..... Nikki gets her paper clothes on... They lift my bed up and BAM there is another nurse.... NOPE we have to wait we have another emergency c/s come in.... Hmm ok ....... I think it was about 5pm when they told me we are going to wait until tomorrow.... it was 22 hours of no food... I looked at the nurse and said.. "I want 2 slices of Pizza and a Pepsi"....... She got this for me cause she felt so bad... While waiting for dinner Nikki and I were eating these saltine crackers and graham crackers like they were our last meal... It was kinda scary.... Nikki goes home and my DH shows up about an hour later....

Oct 12th

Ohh its baby day again but I am not allowing myself to get all excited.. DH brings the boys to see me... They decide to go to the cafe... Nikki tells me she will be back up at noon cause my c/s was scheduled for 2.... About 11am this nurse walks in and takes my stats... Tells me they were ready for me in the surgery room but she told them no.. Cause my husband wasnt here... I was like HUH?? He is in the cafe AND he isnt even going to be in the birth!! So she says ohh and goes down the hall... This is when CHOAS begins seriously it ran sooooo smoooth ... I called Nikki and asked her if she was busy... She told me what she was doing I said well umm you have to come up now... I think she might have drove a tad fast lol.... DH walks back in with the boys and I tell him its go time now...

We go to the prep room... DH walks in and the people take me to the other room... I turned to kiss him and he was gone.... They told him he had a min he was in the hall talking to a friend to take the boys... He walked into the room and I was gone.. I stood in that room and CRIED cause I didnt get to kiss my husband good bye... I sit on the table they do the spinal... everything was going soo fast yet very very smooth.... They make the first cut ... That is about the time they allow Nikki into the room... They are talking I am kinda paying attention to them.... Nikki is rubbing my arm... and STARING at my guts lol

Then that magical moment happens....... Alyssa CRIES.... OMGOSH I began to ball!!! SEriously snot running down my face tears flowing forever... and not even a full min later there is my lil man crying.... It all happend sooooo fast... They brough them to me and allowed me to touch Alyssas cheek... and I was able to see Zander... then poof theya re gone..... (I am sure you all know Nikki's exciting watching my insides story)

They glue me together.... and wheel me away... Then in the recovery room Nikki and I are on our phones like high school girls.. We are waiting on the stats of the babies and such.. I thought the nurses went down and got DH and took him to the nursery.. NOPE ,....buttmunchs!! So Nikki gets DH he comes and checks on me then off he goes to see his lil ones...

Once I am abl to move both toes I am wheeled down this hall way.. to this little button... The nurse presses the button and music plays.... then she says Thats for Alyssa... Then she pusshed it again and says Thats for Zander... I guess this lullaby plays thru the hospital and people know when babies are born... Which in my 27 years of life I always wondered what the sound was....

Welcome Alyssa Nicole... and Zander Jack Lee
October 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so sweet! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to hear that cry. I'm sure I'll be a snot ball with ya!

October 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
what a great birth story, Congrats again, they are so beautiful

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

October 18th, 2007, 03:35 PM
jimiheath's Avatar Super Mommy
AWE! Atleast there mpst of it was smooth transitions! Too bad you had some butt munch moments!

October 18th, 2007, 03:37 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ohh CRAP I swore I put this in the birth story section!!!
October 18th, 2007, 03:37 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Okay...I am crying...thanks.

I will get it moved...just leave it here for now.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
~jenjen~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~jenjen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~jenjen~
I'm crying now-what a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to hear my little man's first cries.
October 18th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to megtumtum
Thanks for sharing! I definately started crying when you said that you didn't get to kiss DH goodbye! You did such a great job momma and now you have 2 beautiful babies!!!
October 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
snuflz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to snuflz Send a message via Yahoo to snuflz
Aw, thank you for sharing your birth story Crystal! sniff, sniff.

Thank you Kara for my rockin' siggy!

Can't wait to meet baby #2!

October 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww that was a tear jerker. I'm so glad you guys are doing okay and that Nikki made it there in time for you. Sorry they didn't get your DH, that would have been disappointing. I can totally understand you being sad at not getting to kiss him too.

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
October 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hehehehe...2 slices of pizza and a pepsi That is GREAT!! ok, so I am wiping the snot off my face cuz I am crying that is such a great story momma...oh and the button that plays the lullaby in the hospital when a baby is born...HOW COOL! You did such a great job, and were so brave!! and now you have two beautiful little twinkers Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Kara!!
October 18th, 2007, 04:10 PM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey sweetie, thank you for sharing your story with us. It was so touching.
October 18th, 2007, 04:10 PM
MamaManna07's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww what a sweet, funny story!!!

*Kara rocks my socks with her siggies*

October 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Awwww, i like the ringing of the bell/lullaby. Thats sweet.
Thanks for sharing your story!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
October 18th, 2007, 04:14 PM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow

Girl. You are amazing...and you have made two amazing little babies. We are all SO proud of you for all you endured during your pregnancy. I'm so happy for you!!!

<3
October 18th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
awwwww Too sweet!!!!!!!!

(and hey! My hospital plays lullabies when someone has a baby too, so cute)

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
October 18th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
aww, what an awesome birth story! congrats again =)

October 18th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Can&#39;tWait2BAMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww you poor thing having to go all that time without any food for no reason!!! You did an awesome job carrying and giving birth to those twinkers girl!

Congrats on two BEAUTIFUL babies!!!

October 18th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the story! How cute the hospital plays music for the birth of a baby!!!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weidFbf/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 18th, 2007, 06:20 PM
kclefeb78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ahhhhhh, too sweet I just wish I remembered mine that well... they had me so drugged up that most of my story is from what DH and others tell me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search