Dominic Manuel

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The birth story probably won't be long. My EDD by LMP was Oct 3, by u/s Oct 12. I was not really sure when I got preggo due to being on BCP.

October 19, I went in for a u/s and a check up. During my u/s the OB asked me about fetal movement. I started to get concerned. Then he was checking the heart and he could not see the heart beat. He then tried listening with the doppler. No heart beat. Then he continued to tell me to go straight to the hospital. He said he wasn't sure because the baby's chest was laying across the placenta. I knew he was gone then. I didn't see the baby move. I didn't see any HB. I didn't see anything.

DH and I drove down to the hospital and was admitted. I did all the forms and everything. I was wheeled down to radiology to get an u/s. Sure enough no heart beat. I was then wheeled back upstairs to my room. DH and DD were waiting on me. I told DH that we had an angel baby. I called my mom, which was already on her way to the hospital and told her. I also called everyone I had in my cell phone because I was still in shock and not crying and was able to talk about it. I did not want people calling and asking when I was going to have the baby. I wanted them to know now so that I don't have to explain later. DH called his family, he however was not able to even say it without crying. He was so much more upset at this point then I was. I was just in shock. So I called his sisters, but he called his parents. I don't remember much after that. I was asked if I wanted a spinal or general. Since I had general with Alyssa and I didn't really need to be awake this time, I opted for general again because I know what to expect and I did not want that needle in my back. Everyone was really nice to me and trying to make me laugh when they were prepping me in the OR. I was soon put under.........

I woke up in HORRID pain. The idiots did not start my morphine drip before I woke up. I was screaming and moaning and carrying on because my incision HURT. I was clenching my eyes closed between screams and begging for meds, I was asking about the baby. Was he really gone? How big was he? Was it actually a he? Where is DH? He was in the recovery room with me holding his son.

After about 30 mins the pain meds finally kicked in. I was wheeled to my room where my whole family and DHs family were waiting. There were even a few of our friends. The head nurse told us not to worry about visiting hours and visitor restrictions. These were special circumstances and people can come and go as they please. I mostly laid there in pain and trying to sleep. I was letting the family anf friends say their goodbyes. I already seen him for a little while. I needed to rest and I would have about 12 hours to spend with my son all the next day.

I got some sleep and woke up about 9 am. During the night time, the hospital took professional pics of him (which they pay for as a gift for the parents of a stillborn). They had him like 3 hours doing pics. Anyways, He spent most of the day with me in my arms. My RN came in to take out my catheder and wanted me to walk later when I had to pee. I continued to hold my baby. I noticed that he was showing signs of decomposition. I decided that in a while he would be laid in his bassinette and not be held again, but stay in our room until the funeral director came. Dhs family showed up and some other friends of mine. We had him baptized. We stood around saying prayers for him. Then I sat down and talked about my pregnancy and my feelings to everyone. It was very theraputic. I needed to express my feelings. Soon everyone left and said their goodbyes to baby Dominic. I had dh put him near me and I just sat there talking to him and crying. I was taking pictures. I took pics of him and his big sister. She loves him so much.

At 5:38 I gave him up. That was the HARDEST moment of my life. Saying goodbye was not fun. I cried and my heartbroke into pieces. I remember I sounded like I was dieing. It was killing me. I picked him up out of his bassinette and everyone gave him kisses. I kissed and hugged him for the last time and placed him in his blanket to be wrapped in. The nurse carried him down to the funeral director.

8lbs 10 ozs 19 in
October 19, 2007 8:13 PM

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Last edited by Fluffy Baby; August 8th, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: delete name
October 22nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I don't even know what to say. My heart breaks when I read your story. Sending an endless amount of hugs and prayers to you and your family for your beautiful angel baby.

October 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
tracihieserich's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tracihieserich
I do not know what to say either except I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the heartbreak you and your family is going through right now. He was such a handsome little man. :hugs:
October 22nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I am so sorry you went through this and have lost your sweet son. I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling. I can't stop crying after reading this. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 22nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Thank you for writing your story and sharing your pain with us. Im so so sorry, I am crying reading about him. Im praying for you and for your family.

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

October 22nd, 2007, 07:10 PM
Charmed64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can only imagine your pain right now. I am so sorry for your loss hon. We are all here for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
October 22nd, 2007, 07:15 PM
Super Mommy
I am so, so very sorry.

October 22nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
the_mama.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you for sharing. i cant even imagine how ainful that must have been. i am so sorry LeAnn. what a sweet little angel.

Thank you BAM for creating such a beautiful siggy!
October 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
(((HUGS)))

October 23rd, 2007, 07:25 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you lost Dominic, do they think it was a cord accident?

I'm glad the c section went well (apart from the lack of morphine...), and you're holding up ok. That's good that they did a general anesthetic for you - they wouldn't let me have a GA, and I can tell you it was horrible being awake knowing they were removing my dead baby.

Good luck with the recovery *hugs*

October 23rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
*wishing4athirdbub*'s Avatar Super Mommy
LeAnn i am so terribly sorry that you are going through losing your sweet baby boy. i cannot imagine your pain, nor can i think of the words to say to help ease it. It is a horrendous nightmare no one deserves to go through this. I have been following your story, and im just overcome by sadness for you and your family. Thankyou for sharing your darling angel with us, it must have been incredibly hard to relive the birth story

i only hope you will find peace and strength at this time. im so sorry, sleep peacefully sweet angel dominic

~sarah~

(ttc board)

finally pregnant with #3 after 18 months TTC!
October 29th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Super Mommy
I am popping in from the July PR and I just want to let you know that you are in my T&P....tears stream down my cheeks as I write this...I hurt for you and your family so bad....May God be there for you and you and your family go through this hardship. God Bless!

October 30th, 2007, 10:27 PM
newmom2be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so very sorry my T&P's are with you and your family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search