Jordyn's Big Day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2007, 06:53 PM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
I had my 37 week appointment on Tuesday October 16th and I had a weird feeling I was going to be sent to the hospital. They checked my blood pressure and it was high so my doctor said I should go over to the hospital and be monitored for a couple hours to see if it will go down on it's own, if not they will induce me. I was pretty scared cause it was a shock. I called my sister and told her to meet me there. I called DH and told him I would update him if I was going to be induced because he was working on a huge project for school.

After being monitored for about 1 hour they told me I was staying the night and they would start induction. They wheeled me down to a nice L&D room and set me up on the monitor. My blood pressure was scary high! My doctor kept threatening me with magnesium but I held that off till the next day. They put in my cervigel and I went to sleep.

The next day was hell. I was started on pitocin and I couldn't feel much. My blood pressure was still high so they started magnesium and it made me feel like complete #####. I couldn't see and I was boiling hot. The day just kept getting worse. My contractions became slower because of the magnesium and they decided to break my water when I was only dialated 1cm. It hurt SO BAD! Then came the catheter and the internal baby monitor. I think they were trying to torture me! I slept mostly the rest of the day until about 4am. The pain was so intense so I got my epidural. It was absolutely amazing! I slept until they came and told me the chance of a c-section was likely unless I made some serious progress. By noon I was only 4cm so we prepared for a c-section. I wasn't all that upset because I had been through so much I just wanted to get my baby out.

Everything happened so fast. I was wheeled down to the room and completely out of it. I was hooked up to everything and given the spinal drugs. I didn't feel anything but pressure and I was trying to stay awake and not be sick at the same time. DH was doing great and very excited. They pulled her out and she cried and I felt so happy. I cried and I couldn't wait to see her. She barely made a peep after they cleaned her up. They finished me up and wheeled me into recovery. I was so out of it from the drugs that I barely realized what had happened. After going back to the room I felt a lot better and I got to hold her and love her! She is so beautiful.

The next couple days in the hospital were complete agony since she was sent to the NICU because of the magnesium but she did great and I'm so happy to have her home!

October 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
NewMami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMami
You did it!!! Congrats mama! It sure wasn't a walk in the park huh? I'm glad your baby girl is ok now. I had Evan in the NICU for 10 days and they were the hardest days of my life. (((HUGS))) and Congratulations again!!

October 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Dragonfly_Belle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She looks like my cousin Misty's clone when she was born. She (my cousin) is 23 now and one of the most beautiful women I know.

Jordyn will, no doubt, be just as beautiful! Thank you for sharing her with us!

October 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
congrats momma, you sure went through a lot to hold your little bundle of joy but i know it was totally worth it!

October 25th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!
October 25th, 2007, 04:33 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
WOW what an experience!!! You did great though and I'm so glad both you and Jordyn are ok. CONGRATS mama on you beautiful little girl!!!!

October 25th, 2007, 04:45 AM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Congratulations!! She is just beautiful!!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to hear you are both doing so much better she's a sweet looking little girl.
October 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
shes soo beautiful! congrats!!!

October 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
SagesMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SagesMommy
sorry to hear you had a rough time of things. but jordyn is beautiful and oh so worth it all! Great Job!

November 8th, 2007, 07:52 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is SOOO cute! Congrats!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Snowpeas
I'm sorry you had a painful experience.

She is a beauty though!
November 18th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an experience, she is adorable!!

Thank you Kara!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search