Libby Renee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
Since I already wrote some of it in the normal forum, I'll try to keep it short. (me? haha. yeaah. right.)

I'm not really sure when I started feeling actual contractions. I do know that when Jared's mom showed up at 4:30 (the morning they induced) I was feeling period like cramps, but that was it. However, by the time my midwife showed up (around.. 9?) I was in extreme pain. Paula (MIL), my mom, and my friend Tanya all sat around for about 3 hours of me being absolutely no fun. By the time my midwife broke my water, I was really starting to feel the pain. (she did that the first time she stopped in as well.. around 9)

My second nurse (7 am to 3 pm) was REALLY rude at first. She didn't even introduce herself.. she didn't explain anything she did, stayed in the room the whole time monitoring things and completely ignored all of us and made it extremely uncomfortable. The last straw was when my MIL asked her if the baby's heart rate was stabilizing, and she said "Look, Jackie CANT have any medication for the pain yet, okay?" The next time she came in the room I told her off. haha. Don't mix being in labor with an attitude.. anyway, after that, she introduced herself and ended up being WONDERFUL. I kid you not.. I loved the woman by the end of my three day stay. (her name was Michelle)

I do know Tanya had just showed up right before my midwife did, and I'm sure it was sooo much fun to sit there and watch me in *that* awkward position. (water breaking and all) hehe. But she's a nurse.. so she sees that jazz a lot, I'm sure. She was great, too.. she sat and rubbed me back for hours on end. God bless her.

Sometime around 11 Jared came back from taking his EMS test. I truly was out of it. I know he stayed in the room with me while the three girls went down to get some lunch. He was so cute and I was so terrible to him. I had oxygen on, so I couldn't talk.. and I had had the hallucinogens administered, so I was REALLY gone.. but he kept saying stuff like "hey sweetie.. it's me.. do you know who I am?" and I would roll my eyes. lol. Poor boy. And he'd try to rub my back, but by that point I didn't want anyone touching me, so I'd push his hand away. And I made him shut the tv off.. man I really was mean to him. haha. (I am just now remembering it. weird)

Nancy, my midwife, stopped in at lunch again. My nurse, michelle, was out of the room this time for lunch.. nancy said that I still hadn't really progressed, and that it would most likely take us until about midnight to actually deliver. I suckered up enough "oomph" to take off my mask and beg for an epidural. She told me that I had to wait until I was at least 4 cm, but that if I were able to get libby's vitals to stabilize, I could have more of the hallucinogens. However, I couldn't.

Michelle came back from lunch and said that she'd check my cervix herself, just to see how things were going (since I wanted the epi as soon as possible). She said it felt like I was a little closer to a 2. -sigh-

The next hour was filled with me shaking through each contraction and whimpering a lot.. though I never did cry (yay!).

I knew that I needed to pee, and felt like I should probably poop. Since I was hoping to have the epi soon, I figured I should take care of the pooping part before they gave me the drugs. I told Michelle I needed to go to the bathroom, and she said she'd check my cervix again as soon as I was out.

I waited until the most painful part of my next contraction was over, but the most painful part of the next contraction after that still came when I was halfway to the bathroom. No fun. But I made it, and plopped down on the toilet (all of the wires I was attached to in one hand.. haha, I felt like a robot.). I managed to pee, but I swore that I needed to poop. I know that right before you deliver you usually have diarrhea, and I didn't, so I figured that I wasn't close enough to having the baby to hurt her if I tried to (TMI, I know) push the poop out.

That was fine until I realized that the only time that I really wanted to push was when I was having a contraction. I knew something was up.. plus the toilet was FULL of blood (bloody show.. michelle had said I started it when I got up to go to the bathroom.. which is the main reason she was so anxious to check my cervix). I tried standing up several times to go back out, but I just couldn't do it.. so there I sat.. on the toilet.. pushing through each contraction feeling guilty because I know if you push when your body isn't ready that it can hurt the baby.. and I didn't think I was ready.

Michelle kept asking if I was okay (I stayed in there a total of 25 minutes) and I kept saying yes, but finally I called her in and said "I can't get back to bed.. it's just too painful". and she asked if I felt the need to push.. which I finally admitted.. and right then another REALLY painful contraction hit and she heard me going "uhh" as I was pushing (lol) and said "I think you need to get back to bed.. you don't want to have a baby in a toilet." (to which I responded "yes I do..")

She pulled the "emergency pull" next to the toilet and said "Now let's count". By the time she hit 5, all of the Baby Place nurses were in the bathroom with us. My mom and Jared's mom were out there going "What's going on???" because all of these nurses had randomly run in. lol. Jared was asleep on the couch, and tanya had left to go home.

So they got me to the bed (I think I actually walked.. but they helped) and obviously Michelle could tell that I was ready to deliver, but I didn't know.. and I kept wondering why all of the nurses were just staying in the room.. then Michelle checked my cervix and said with a huge excited grin "Oh you're ready!" at which point my mom and paula jumped up and squealed. Everyone got it but me. lol.

"I can have my epidural now?"

"No.. no you're going to have a baby.."

"But I get my epidural first" (I was so confused)

"No hun, you're fully dilated.. you're going to have a baby now."

at which point I started arguing with the nurses (VERY feebly) saying things like "I can hold out for the medicine..I won't push!" and "It will work in time, I swear..." (like I know better than they do.. haha)

They rolled me onto my side (Libby vitals went down too much whenever I was even kind of on my back) and told me to go ahead and push through the contractions. Someone then realized that my midwife had to be there, so they called Nancy who said "WHAT??? Are you sure she's just not really really really effaced and that's what you're feeling?" so they checked me again and confirmed that no, they were feeling baby skin, not jackie skin. Nancy had them tell me to stop pushing til she was there, but I never did quite manage that.

Anyway, she came.. (my mom and MIL were looking out the window trying to figure out what her car looked like so they could see when she got there. lol) Her office isn't far out at all.. it was really quick. She made me breathe through 4 contractions and put my oxygen back on to help libbs out.

In the mean time, Jared was changed into scrubs, and she called him "down hither". She LET HIM DELIVER! That would have mortified me a few weeks ago, but I can honestly say that at that point I DID NOT CARE. I was also a really big advocate for not having my mom or Jared's in the room, but I also didn't care about that. lol. The more the merrier.

I felt one kind of.. plop.. and her head was out.. and on the next contraction, so was the rest of her. = )

They put her on my chest and I got to snuggle her for awhile.. Jared cut her cord.. the parents all "aww"ed.

At that point, Jared got to hold her because they needed to stitch me up. (it's true.. you have no idea that you tear at the time.. it's not a big deal). However, the stitches had to go really far into me (though not deep into the skin) because I had torn a lot, and she didn't completely numb the skin near the entrance.. so as she was finishing, I felt every little needle prick and pull. OUCH.

It had been over 30 minutes and my placenta still hadn't delivered. So nancy injected something into the cord and kept making me push. It did no good. Apparently if the placenta really won't deliver, they have to do something to the extent of a D&C.. so she called Dr. Reinertson (since she can't do it) and he was on his way in.. I was really fearing the manual delivery because it is supposed to be REALLY painful, and FINALLY at the last minute it came out. I think the stuff she injected had done enough to knock it clear of my body. -whew-

anyway, during that whole time I got all jealous because everyone else got to see Libbs and I was still in pain. boo. But then I got to hold her and love on her.. it was amazing.

She was covered in a pretty good layer of vernix, so they think that she was really only late 36 weeks along or early 37. (nah nah nah nah nah nah, I told them so. I know my own body. They were wrong). Which I would NEVER had wanted an induction that early.. but all is well that ends well.. and she's COMPLETELY healthy and doing wonderfully. I just LOVE her to pieces. I can't even describe how wonderful she is.

myspace
October 27th, 2007, 08:18 PM
momtofaith's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your baby is here safe and sound!!
October 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM
magilatuzzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to magilatuzzi
great story Jackie!

DS Drew, 04/94, DS Braden, 10/97, DS Nick, 07/99, DD Danika 07/06, DD Gabriella 11/07,
DSD Rayelle 03/97, DSD Seryna, 06/01
</div>
October 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jackie, that is a great story! What a day you had.... Congratulations and welcome to Libby!!! She's beautiful!
October 28th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
girl, you don't know HOW LONG i have been waiting on your birth story!!! lol. i love your stories!!! congrats jackie and jared, you have a beautiful daughter!

October 28th, 2007, 09:47 AM
HighwayDaisy
Yay for natural delivery Jackie! You're amazing! I'm so glad Libby is here with you and Jared! Thanks for the story.
October 29th, 2007, 04:16 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
OH honey Congrats!!! I am so proud of you!!! And she is definatly beautiful just like her mama!!!!

October 29th, 2007, 04:29 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats a great story!!

isnt it funny the totaly differnt person you become in labor lol... I can picture you telling him to turn the tV off.. =)
October 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
You are so funny! "You don't want to have a baby in the toilet" Yes I do! hahaha! I'm glad everything went well. I wish I would have progressed that fast. The need to poo did it for you! Congrats!

October 29th, 2007, 02:44 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Congrats Jackie! I loved your story...made me giggle a bit. Libby is precious and you are going to be such a great mommy. Can't wait to see what is in store for the Libinator!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 29th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Mrs. S. Johnson
Hello! I hope you don't mind but I was lurking and read your birth story. I am from the January DDC. What a wonderful story! I love the picture of your man and little one. What a cute nickname too! Thank you for sharing.
October 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Dragonfly_Belle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You really need to get a publisher!

November 3rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You would put Belly Laughs to shame HAHAHA Great Story Jackie and glad that little Libby is here!! I would also like to say that you are friggin AMAZING...wow I couldn't have done it without the Epi, I don't understand why they didn't let you have it before 4 cm though...they gave it to me at 1cm (then again I was on crazy dosages of Pitocin by the time I got it) anyhoo...the fact that you did it without the epi is just...WOW!! Great job mama she is gorgeous!!

Thanks Kara!!
November 4th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story!! That is so awesome that you did it natural, even if it wasn't planned!! Jackie is a super mommy!!

Thank you Kara!
November 7th, 2007, 09:45 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats Jackie, on your beautiful little girl.
November 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, I can kind of understand your confusion, things got pretty blurry for me too between 8 and 10 centimeters! Libby is just beautiful, Jackie, congratulations!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Snowpeas
Wow, I can't believe how fast you dialated to complete after not making much progress all day! Congrats on a beautiful little girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search