Victoria Nicole makes her entrance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2007, 09:14 PM
christy1108's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I attempted to write this last night, but Victoria had other plans...

I went to the doctor's on Tuesday, October 16th for my weekly checkup. While I was there, my doctor told me that there was protein in my urine and my BP was high. He told me to go the hospital for bloodwork to see if I had preeclampsia. Mark met me up there at 5pm and by 10:45pm, I was admitted. I had to do a 24 hour urine collection and the nurses check my BP every few hours. Around 5 am on Thursday, the murse came in and told me unoffically that I probably had preeclampsia. The doctor confirmed it later that morning and I spent the rest of Thursday and Friday just hanging out. They had to wait until I was officially 37 weeks before they started to induce me. At 12:45 am on Saturday I got the first pill to thin out my cervix ( I was 2-3 cm and 50% effaced). I was having too many irregular contractions all day, so they had to give me something to slow them down before giving me the next dose. Finally, after hours of trying the pill method, the doctor came in Sunday morning and said he was going to break my water and go from there. I was moved down to the labor and delivery room at 11 am and started on the Pitocin. (Here's where my timeline gets a little fuzzy, but stick with me). I was having contractions that were about a minute to two minutes apart, and although I could feel them, they weren't really painful. I think it was around 1:40 that the doctor broke my water, which was the weirdest feeling! After that, the contractions came close and fast! I took it for 20 minutes and was over it. The pain kicked in and, although it wasn't totally unbearable, I wanted the epidural. I requested it at 2:00 and by 2:07 it was done! I felt a little weird, but it was much better! Mark was watching the contraction monitor and it was amazing how I didn't react when they were coming. Around 3:30ish, the nurse came in to insert the catheter and then check me only to realize that I was at 10cm! Just like that!! She actually had another nurse check to confirm it! So they removed the cath and said it was time to push. Now is when the terror of what was about to happen kicked in. I started shaking and my BP ws sky high. The nurse gave me some oxygen because Victoria's heartbeat was dropping. We got into position with a nurse on each leg and Mark by my head and the pushing started at 3:45. On a side note, my nurse was freaking amazing!!! She was so encouraging and her demeanor was perfect! Without her there, I don't know if I could've done it. Anyhow, I started pushing on my back and then turned to my side. When I turned back on my back, she was starting to crown. The nurses encouraged Mark to check it out and surprisingly he did! Around 4:30 the doctor was paged, but he was in a C-section, so another doctor came in to catch her. Around 4:45 we were taking bets on what time she would be born and how big she would be. When I wasn't pushing, I was able to hold on a conversation with the nurses and crack a few jokes. It was not a bad experience by any means. As the big moment approached, I could feel the doctor turning her and when they said push, I gave it my all. Three pushes to get her head out then another for her body! The feeling was intense! And the sound it made was crazy! She was born at 5:02pm. Mark cut the cord and they whisked her over to the baby-team. I had a tear and an episiotomy so the doc fixed me up. And just like that, it was over. It has now been a week, and things have been difficult. I'm finally feeling better down there. I wsa in so much pain a few days ago, I came very close to going back to the hospital. Luckily everything worked out. Victoria was 6 lbs at birth and by day three she was at 5lbs 4 oz. On day 5 she was up to 5lbs 9 oz. We are getting the hang of breastfeeding, although I have had many second thoughts because it is diffcult. The long sleepless nights are getting really old really fast, but just looking at her sweet little face makes it all worth it

October 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM
5LilMonkeys
Ahhh... Congrats.
October 29th, 2007, 04:31 AM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad your feeling better!! and GRATS!!
October 29th, 2007, 05:17 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
You did a great job mama!! CONGRATS!!

October 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
Congrats!!! Breastfeeding is really hard especially with smaller babies. I'm glad everything went well with your pre-e.

October 29th, 2007, 02:48 PM
SPinkD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SPinkD
Congrats Christy!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

October 30th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Dragonfly_Belle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the world, Victoria!!!

October 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, Christy! Welcome Victoria!
October 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, and welcome to Victoria! So glad she arrived safely.
October 31st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
congrats!

November 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
~jenjen~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~jenjen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~jenjen~
Congrats!!
November 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
Good job Christy! Welcome Victoria!
November 8th, 2007, 07:49 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the beautiful baby girl, momma! Glad everything went so smoothly for you!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Snowpeas
Glad you had a nice birth experience and you got your little girl!
November 18th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grats on your little girl, glad all was well.

Thank you Kara!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search