Stella Rae Lily

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2007, 09:13 AM
tracihieserich's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tracihieserich
ok so after waiting 2 days i was able to weasel a bed at the hospital to have my water broken at 3:00 on Friday the 26th. I went in for a NST and everything was fine but then they just went ahead and let me stay because my contractions were actually coming every 3 - minutes. I was 3 1/2-4 cm dialated at this time. my doc came in at 3:30 and broke my water. I could not believe how much water there was!!! so then i was just waiting to dialate. around 9:30 p.m. I wanted to get my epidural started as the contractions were getting quite painful. so the anesthesiologist came in and gave me the epi. it did not however take. he said to wait a half an hour and if it didnt kick in he would have to do it again. No dice. the contractions actually got more painful so he had to come in and do it all again. Yuck! This time it worked though. Yeah! so then they checked me and I was a 5. they decided to give me a little pitocin at this point. the nurse came back about 45 minutes later and hooked me up. then she came back another 40 minutes later to check me and I was a 9!!! I couldn't believe it. she then siad we would let the baby labor down a bit and try to make her way through the birth canal a little on her own so we waited about an hour before we started pushing. I could feel the pressure in my bottom every contraction and the urge to push. The epidural was just perfect. we then turned off the epidural before i started pushing. I pushed for about 45 minutes then they called my doc in. 1 more push and she was out! it was so awesome. then they put her straight on my chest and cleaned her up there while we all got to look at her. it was so amazing. My doc said it was a good thing she wasn't any bigger because my pelvis is really small and she didn't think a bigger baby would fit. This experience was 1 million times better than what i had to go through with my ds, and all the nurses were so great!!! The labor was a total of 10 1/2 hours. Thanks for reading!

Stella Rae Lily
7 lbs. 7 ozs.
19 1/2 inches long
apgar 9/9
born 2:08 a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search