James Michael's arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2007, 08:20 PM
Kristobal's Avatar Uh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Kristobal
10/30/07
7lb 10oz
2:15pm
20 1/2 inches

I am probably one of the lucky few who can say that their induction was quite easy. I went in at 7pm on 10/29 to get cervidil started to ripen my cervix. at the time I was only 1.5 cm, but I had effaced a bit from my last doctor's appointment. That caused an increase in the mild contractions I was getting anyway. It did a pretty good job, for when they removed it I was at 4 cm.

The doctor (who I love because he was hilarious the whole pregnancy and delivery) broke my water and started pitocin and all that around 8:30 the next morning. I only have one word to describe the water breaking: EWW. It was the second most disgusting feeling I've ever had in my life (the first being the pp bleeding into something that looks like a diaper).

After a couple hours, I figured that I hadn't slept at all the past night and I wouldn't be getting any sleep with my contractions being the way they were and getting worse each time, so in comes the epi man and his cart full of goodies! I was still around 4-5 centimeters, but after getting that epidural, I don't remember much since I went right to taking a nap. I felt so dang comfortable after that, it felt only natural to sleep. The things I do remember is waking up to the nurse telling me I was 6-7 cm, then waking up again with a huge urge to poo, and the nurse telling me I was complete and he had moved down pretty far. woah, did I ever wake up after that! The doctor comes in and after 15 minutes of pushing and a few laughs from the doctor, James comes screaming into the world. yay!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search