My Halloween Baby's Birthday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Veteran
First of all, let me say that I had found out on Monday that I had a lapse in my insurance coverage due to switching jobs. Long story...but I had two days left that I wasn't covered. November 1 was when my new insurance started. With a due date of November 9, I was a little scared that it would happen during those two days...also because DH had predicted a Halloween baby from day 1. So, we decided I would take those two days off of work and put myself on bedrest until the 1st of the month. Well, this baby had plans of her own!

All day on Tuesday I sort of felt like I was on my period. Although I was on "bedrest" and barely moving, I just felt weird. My lower abdomen felt crampy and bloated...just like a period felt. I was even moody and irritable (not too much different from regular preggo symptoms ). So later that night, DH and I order chinese and are going to watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown movie at 8:00. Right around 8:00 I felt this HUGE pop in my belly. I jumped out of my seat and said "What the heck was that??" It didn't feel like a kick...I didn't know what it was. So DH starts rubbing my belly because I couldn't feel the baby move and I was worried. I felt something trickle out of me and told DH that he must have squeezed my belly too hard because I just peed a little! I went to the bathroom and just a little more came out, but it was clear. I thought it was my water but wasn't sure. Then everything went really fast from there.

It started coming out more and more and the contractions came on strong, hard, and really close together. Holy cow did they hurt! But I didn't think they were contractions because they felt like period cramps...way down low and sharp. People always described them differently, so I was still unsure. We went to the hospital, which is down the street, and after checking me, they said "Yep, your water broke and you're dialted to 2." I figured I had awhile to go then, but the contractions were 2 minutes apart and SO PAINFUL!! I thought they were supposed to come gradually!!! They didn't. It got worse really quickly so they took me to the LDRP room and I got my epidural even though I was only a 3 at that point. (The nurses lied to the anesthesiologist because I was in so much pain ). The epidural did not even hurt because the contractions were so bad I barely could pay attention to the needle pain--which is good!

About 15 minutes later, they checked me and I was dialated to 8. My OB wasn't even there yet. I was flipping out because they hurt so bad even with the epidural. It felt like it lasted for 10 minutes and then started to really fade. I was yelling at the nurse that it felt like the baby was busting out with each contraction. I could just feel myself ripping apart. This baby was coming! So she checked me again and I was complete. She told me to just try and breathe through the contractions until he got there. I told her that I didn't want to push anyway because it hurt! I know a lot of people say they WANT to push...but I did NOT feel that way. It hurt so bad to push.

He finally got there and about 5 or 6 pushes later at 1:39 AM, she was out. I hate to scare anyone that hasn't given birth yet, but it was the most painful thing that I could possibly think of. I was screaming and I seriously thought I was going to die! What a wimp....I know! Anyway, she was beautiful. She was 6 pounds, 12 ounces, and 18 1/2 inches long. She looked just like my husband! Afterward, they were stitching me up because I tore my sphincter (isn't that lovely ) and had an episiotomy. That was really painful, too! I just wanted to hold my girl, but I was subjected to more pain and prodding for what felt like a half hour afterward while they were getting her cleaned up, etc. That was awful. I just wanted to close my legs and hold my little baby girl. Well, that finally happened and I couldn't be happier.

November 2nd, 2007, 03:34 PM
CrystalMay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww I am glad its over for you... I am sorry you had such a rough time....BUt its all worth it in the end!
November 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
eek, i am more scared now! lol.
congrats on your halloween baby =)

November 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
~jenjen~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~jenjen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~jenjen~
Sorry your labor and delivery didn't go well. Sounds like it went really quickly though.
November 3rd, 2007, 03:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
d

Last edited by meeko; June 12th, 2010 at 03:28 AM.
November 3rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
Sorry the experience sucked so bad for you!! But now you have a beautiful baby girl to show for ir!! Congrats mama!!!

November 7th, 2007, 09:45 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
OH hun sorry to hear about you bad experience but congrats on you sweet little Halloween baby.
November 8th, 2007, 07:42 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I told her that I didn't want to push anyway because it hurt! I know a lot of people say they WANT to push...but I did NOT feel that way. It hurt so bad to push.[/b]

Right there with you, momma! I remember feeling the same way! Congrats on your beautiful daughter!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Snowpeas
Sorry to hear about your experience but congratulations on your little girl!
November 10th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had such a difficult experience! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!
November 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grats on your Halloween baby!!

Thank you Kara!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search