The birth of Maleah Jasmine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
skyj03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So after a month of thinking I would have her early who would have thought she would be a week late. I went in for my induction at 5am on halloween morning. I was so nervous about having the potocin and making it more painful. When we got there we did alot of paper work and they started my iv and monitored the baby and my contractions. I asked if maybe they could just break my water with out doing potocin and they said they could but wouldn't recomend it as my body still might not want to jump start labor. I also was dissapointed to find out that since I would have the potocin that I would not be able to do the water birth as I had hoped. I was not completly confined to the bed but was only allowed to stand next to it and use the birthing ball. So they started the potocin at 7am and all it did was make my contractions more regular. So at 9am the midwife came in and broke my water I was only 3cm at the time. They continued to increase the potocin as the time went by. Probably around 11am my contractions really starting to hurt and I was having to concentrate and breath through them. and every hour they got worse. at about noon I was 4-5 cm dialated and hoping to progress faster. They didn't check me again until about 2pm and I was 7cm and the contractions were getting unbearable so I asked for some stadol or something to take the edge off. It worked for about 30 min but the pain was getting to intense. I have to say my DF was amazing. He did not leave my bed side the entire time and kept telling me how he was so proud of me and I could do it without the epi. Honestly he is the only reason I didn't break down and get it. The last hour was mind boggling the pain was so intense I couldn't help but break out into a loud scream at the peek of my contractions. My best friend had me do a breathing thing witch helped. They told me they would check me again when I was feeling some pressure and I acutally never really felt immense pressure just alot of non stop pain. I felt like my hips were gonna break off of my body and the last 30 min I kept yelling I can't do this I just want it to stop..but LOL it was too late for that, she checked me and told me I was 9 3/4 dialated , it was time. It is kinda a little blurry from here because the pain was so intense I was kinda out of it. I told the nurse I need to push so she to go ahead thinking it would be a couple good practice pushes. Well I pushed the first time and she said ok stop I gotta hurry up and get the midwife. So the midwife came in and I started pushing and a little less than 7 min later she was out. It was amazing I got to watch the whole thing in the mirror. With my first daughter I didn't get to do that and DF didn't get to cut the cord..but this time I was able to have them place her on my stomach and df got to cut the cord. I couldn't ask for a better birth experiance she was born at 4:07pm weing 7lbs 5oz and 20in long with a head circumfance of 13in. I didn't have to have a episotomy and I didn't tear. I gotta say I was even a little proud of myself for sticking to my guns and not getting the epi and it was all worth it, but after that I don't think I want anymore kids..LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search