Avery May Belle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2007, 12:32 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Sorry for the delay but here is her birth story.....

I guess I will give a little background first as I don't post as often as I would like. I have had some severe swelling my entire pregnancy. I have not been able to wear my wedding rings since June. My feet were swollen the entire summer but the doctors office attributed this to the weather. We discussed pre-eclampsia numerous times as the swelling just got worse and worse, but since my blood pressure was always normal and there were only small traces of protein in my urine they always insisted it was not something to worry about and just to keep my feet up as much as possible. They never said bed rest but routinely asked if I was still working and what I did. I work in an office so it never really seemed a concern. By September my swelling in my feet had become swelling all the way up to my knees and it was painful and difficult to even bend over. They still said all was okay.

On Wednesday October 17th, I went in for my weekly appointment. When they checked my blood pressure, it was now going up. This was concerning so the doctor wanted to check my cervix. My doctor was unavailable so another doc came in to check my cervix. As soon as he saw my legs and feet he was very concerned and said I needed to be on bed rest immediately and should have been for the last couple weeks. He checked my cervix and I was dilated about a finger tip and my cervix was really soft. He stripped my membranes (although he didn't tell me that's what he did) and said they were making an appointment for me to go to the hospital on Friday for blood work, non-stress test etc and that if my blood pressure was still up, they would likely induce me.
After my appointment I was bleeding a lot and there was a lot of chucks as well (sorry tmi). I assumed he had stripped my membranes but had wished he had at least told me. I called the office back and they said that he did and the blood and cramping was normal.

Friday the 19th I went to the hospital. The non-stress tests were all fine and wouldn't you know it my blood pressure was back down. They did an u/s as I wasn't feeling the baby kick at all (even though the tests showed she was very active). The u/s showed she was perfect and there was no concerns with her whatsoever, so the doctor said he would prefer not to induce quite yet since all was okay with Baby Girl. I agreed. Went back to the inlaws (they live 10 mins from hospital and we live about an hour or more so I lived with them while on bedrest). They waited on me hand and foot until the next Wednesday (24th) when I went back for my appt. Doctor said I was still dilated the same but she thinks we should induce as my blood pressure is now higher than it has ever been. She booked an appt for me to be induced on Sunday Oct 28th. I went home that night and was fairly crampy all of Wed. I attributed this to her checking my cervix again and did not think it was contractions as it was just constant and felt like strong menstral cramps.

I woke up Thursday and felt great. I was no longer crampy and felt pretty good. After dinner, since I was feeling so good and had been cooped up in the house with the inlaws for over a week, DH and I decided to go to our house for a couple hours to feed the cats and give them some love. We walked in the door to our house at 7:10pm and within 5 mins my water broke. DH was a little panicked but we got back in the car and headed back to the inlaws to pick up the hospital bag. I called triage on the way and they said if I wasn't having contractions, I could wait up to 12 hours before coming in but if I wanted some peace of mind, to just come in. We got to L&D by 9pm. I still didn't think I was having contractions. For about 20 mins after my water broke I was okay and then I started having the cramps again. Still just felt constant but was getting more and more painful. When we arrived at hospital they immediately hooked me up to monitors and said my contractions were 3 mins apart and I was 4cm dilated. I was shocked. They asked if I wanted an epidural which I quickly agreed to. This is when the contractions started getting really painful. I was doing the breathing really well, but it still took until Midnight for the epidural cart to come to the room. Just before she got there, I threw up I was in so much pain. They gave me the epidural and it immediately took the edge off the contractions so it was bearable again but I could still feel everything and it was still pretty painful. It took them until 2pm to get me the right dose (ended up with double dose and was still able to feel and move my legs and toes and felt perfectly normal just with no pain. It was great!!!) They hadn't checked my cervix in all this time cause they were waiting for the epidural to kick in. At shortly after 2am, they checked my cervix and were shocked that it was 10cms already. At this point I felt no pressure or urge to push though so we just waited it out. At about 4:10 I started to feel pressure down there so we agreed to start pushing. They told me I should expect to be pushing for at least an hour, probably 2 as it is my first child. With the first push, they saw the head and 15 mins later, our little girl was born. It was such an overwhlemingly emotional experience when they gave her to me. I could not stop sobbing and neither could DH.

Avery May Belle was 7lbs, 12oz. 20.5 inches. Here are a few pics of our gorgeus little girl. Also, her middle name is May Belle as I lost my grandmother last year. She practically raised me since I was one years old and I took it really hard. Her birthday was October 28th so we were hoping our little girl would come that day, but since she didn't we decided to name her after Grandma. Grandma's name was Mabel but since that is a little old fashion, we decided to do May Belle instead.

Sorry so long....

November 6th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
wow, that's quite a birth story! congrats momma, she is beautiful! i love the color of her hair =)

November 7th, 2007, 10:50 AM
KatConto's Avatar Super Mommy
She's absolutely adorable, Congrats Momma.
November 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
NewMami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMami
Congratulations!!! I think you guys picked a beautiful name.

November 8th, 2007, 05:18 AM
fairy9800's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to fairy9800
CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful!!!!

November 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful, momma! Glad you had such a great labor and delivery!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 10th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is beautiful, so is her name! Congrats, Mama!
November 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Snowpeas
She's gorgeous!

I can't believe how fast you pushed her out!! Congratulations!!
November 11th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Jennijaznraysmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! What a pretty girl!!!

Thank you Kara!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search